It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Facts About The Mantis Shrimp

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, here's a rather interesting creature from the sea. This video is not just informative, but comical as well.

I didn't know about these guys before seeing the vid. Have you? I didn't know they came in pretty colors. Pretty cool!
Anyway, thought some of you might want a break from politics and have a laugh.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I like the video.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Awesome! Thanks Hon!

S and F

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Pistol shrimp are just as interesting. They create a collapsing cavitation with a bubble of water momentarily reaching heat as hot as the sun. It makes you wonder if such a phenomena can be the basis for some form of alternative energy. Oh wait, the DOE is in big oil's back pocket so research into pistol shrimps will never occur.

edit on 9-6-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I like those videos. They're really funny.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to: Night Star
Mantis shrimp are a common stock item in any reef aquarium hobby shop. It is always recommended you do not keep them in a glass tank as they can easily crack the glass with their powerful snap action. They do not play well with other fish either, as I have personally seen larger fish with bad injuries when housed in the same system. I suppose it may have beenjust defending itself. Smaller fish will eventually be found taking a permanent sand nap.

Typically these guys have to be kept in an isolated system, or separated by some barrier. A common place I have seen them is in the refugium that is built under the main system. It has to be acrylic tank though, as keeping them in a glass tank is just counting down when you file an insurance claim for water damage. They can also easily split your finger open if you try and get them with your hand. They strike with a similar kinetic force as a .22 rimfire , allegedly...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
But do they make good jambalaya ?
Yummy....

edit on 6/9/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other "Does this taste funny to you?"

Ba dum tiss

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What if Mantis shrimps and Pistol shrimps are really aliens from another galaxy, and they're just living underwater while they refine and hone their techniques before coming on land and wiping out all humanity???

Maybe we should make friends with the Mantis and Pistol shrimps and put a few in the fish tank of Congress and the Senate.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I, for one, welcome our new crustacean overlords.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The True Facts videos on zfrank1 are some of the best videos on YouTube. I never tire of watching them.

My wife, on the other hand, just doesn't get them. Her sense of humor is sadly defective.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wow, never heard of pistol shrimp either. Fascinating!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I wonder why acrylic tanks work. I would imagine a glass aquarium is stronger than plastic. Amazing how strong they are!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Bahaha! Good idea!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I love them too!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's the physical properties. Glass once it cracks, will continue to crack until it shatters, especially with hundreds of pounds of water exerting constant pressure. Acrylic is plastic, and plastic is elastic in nature to an extent.

I. Mean if they were sentient though, I bet they could work on a single spot over time and compromise it.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Mantis Shrimp produces a Neutral Dimension zone and then uses it as a tool.Some of the Craft we see and call UFOs also use Neutral-Dimension Generators.Exact same principal.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
An old vid, but a good one. This guy is hilariously entertaining, thanks for bringing it to the attention of people that potentially have not seen it yet.

This guy has several videos done in a documentary/comedic style and they’re all great!
edit on 10-6-2019 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

I've seen some others and they are hilarious.

new topics

top topics

join