It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need to get something off my chest.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok, let me start out with who I am and you will probably not like my post (or agree with it totally). I work in the IT environment and have done work in both public and private sectors. I have been following this site initially as a visitor just reading what people found interesting, then as a member who occasionally commented and/or liked some posts.

I have noticed quite a few posts are just exact copies of headlines from mainstream media such as Yahoo or CNN. If I wanted to view articles or comment from sites like that I would just go to them and do it. Not go to another unaffiliated website, copy/paste the information and then breaking it apart so you can insert your personal thoughts. I come to this website to get something different weather it be something not picked up by the main stream media, how it looks like on the other side of the story, or forbid an original thought.

I do not care if I hurt your feelings by this post; copying and pasting information is not a skill, it is not even a feature, it is a basic function. If you agree with me you are probably not part of the problem.

Have a great day.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthTeller712

This is a discussion site current affairs are part of the discussion.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
On some forums (e.g. Breaking News, I think), copying the original headline is a requirement.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

According to your profile you have been a registered member here for five years..
Considering this is your first thread and you only have ten comment posts, who are you exactly to pass judgment on a user content website?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Here you have to verify the content of posts if they are supposedly quoting things. Many times their text is out of context and they even take a portion of what is said and twist it to make others believe deception.

I just got something off my chest a little while ago, the cat likes to climb onto my chest area when I am on the computer, it makes it hard to type.
edit on 8-6-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

A lot of those headlines were about Trump.

Ergo, it is Trump's fault.

Impeach!!!

(Sorry, hanging out with some liberal family members tomorrow so I am trying to get in character. )

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh don't worry too much.
Most of us don't read the original post,
much less, the quoted or linked quotes.

Who needs to read when we can respond to thread titles alone?

Now about that chest problem — have a spotter close by when bench pressing.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

But, there's no JUST PULLED THIS OUT OF MY ASS forum. Because without reference to current news and reports on current events, that's mostly what we'd have.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If it’s news t and cs state you have to use the source title.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I suggest "I like turtles." That is news.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I have noticed quite a few posts are just exact copies of headlines from mainstream media such as Yahoo or CNN.

That's because when quoting/linking external sources YOU'RE suppose to do that.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you understand how this website or message boards work in general.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Oh don't worry too much.
Most of us don't read the original post,
much less, the quoted or linked quotes.

Who needs to read when we can respond to thread titles alone?

And clever meme's are usually enough to get your thought across or perhaps a full page of emojies if you can't find an appropriate meme. Why even bother to type real words!
edit on 8-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

go to another unaffiliated website, copy/paste the information and then breaking it apart so you can insert your personal thoughts

That's like 90% of ats content today.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

yes there is lol.

Skunkworks. 8P

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

According to your profile you have been a registered member here for five years..
Considering this is your first thread and you only have ten comment posts, who are you exactly to pass judgment on a user content website?

Perhaps our O.P. is smart enough to read a lot before opening his or her orifice so quickly and perhaps you shouldn't judge so quickly.

cheers

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Perhaps our O.P. is smart enough to read a lot before opening his or her orifice so quickly and perhaps you shouldn't judge so quickly.

cheers

Seems like one thing the OP did NOT read are the T&C's though....

edit on 6/8/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why even bother to type real words!

I thought that there used to be something about not using acronyms in the T&C. Can't find it now. Maybe ATS has consigned itself to being like Twitter.

Somedays I have to keep the Acronym dictionary open in order to read posts. Then people just seem to make up more on the fly. It took me a couple of years to figure out that LOL meant Laughing out Loud rather than Lots of Luck.
edit on 8-6-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthTeller712
Ok, let me start out with who I am and you will probably not like my post (or agree with it totally). I work in the IT environment and have done work in both public and private sectors. I have been following this site initially as a visitor just reading what people found interesting, then as a member who occasionally commented and/or liked some posts.

I have noticed quite a few posts are just exact copies of headlines from mainstream media such as Yahoo or CNN. If I wanted to view articles or comment from sites like that I would just go to them and do it. Not go to another unaffiliated website, copy/paste the information and then breaking it apart so you can insert your personal thoughts. I come to this website to get something different weather it be something not picked up by the main stream media, how it looks like on the other side of the story, or forbid an original thought.

I do not care if I hurt your feelings by this post; copying and pasting information is not a skill, it is not even a feature, it is a basic function. If you agree with me you are probably not part of the problem.

Have a great day.

I understand were you are coming from.

You want more originality and less main stream headline news.
Same here, and I am guilty of copy and paste. I generally stay away for MSM, and look into subjects myself.

Research.

I find alot more obscure news and Ideas for other places other than here.

Some many people stuck on the political stuff, they are ignoring the rest of whats going on.

And there is alot going on !

Just a small look at what I check out everyday , because my interests lies in science and technology.....

www.newsnow.co.uk...

It finds sources from all over the world , not the MSM .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join