It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatry Needs Reform

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I appreciate you enlightening us with your powerful experiences living with schizophrenia. Some of my favorite people are schizophrenic, and I thank God every day that the medical/scientific community (slow as they are) for creating medication that truly help them be themselves!! The pain in their eyes when they’re off them or having a tough psychotic episode it breaks my heart. Truly breaks my heart.
Thank you for adding to this thread. This is nonsense ——ATS Used to look in to things, research, share their info and build on to/or debate within a thread to learn from one another. It’s sad

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nowayreally
a reply to: wantsome

I appreciate you enlightening us with your powerful experiences living with schizophrenia. Some of my favorite people are schizophrenic, and I thank God every day that the medical/scientific community (slow as they are) for creating medication that truly help them be themselves!! The pain in their eyes when they’re off them or having a tough psychotic episode it breaks my heart. Truly breaks my heart.
Thank you for adding to this thread. This is nonsense ——ATS Used to look in to things, research, share their info and build on to/or debate within a thread to learn from one another. It’s sad
There's a lot of misconceptions about mental illness. A lot of people don't understand it. The brain is the most complex organ in our body. Just like when someones pancreas malfunctions and they get diabetes but brain can have disorders too. The chemical reactions happening in our brains have a major impact on who we are and our state of mind. Science hasn't unlocked all the mysteries of how the brain works but things have come a long way over the years. They know that by blocking dopamine in the brain it can lessen the hallucinations in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is genetic and 25% of the population carry the genes. In most people with the genes it lays dormant and never become active. They believe there are certain things that can trigger it like stress and illegal street drugs. In some people it's triggered easier then others.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EducationSeeker

A lot of truly sick people have been going "drug free" for decades. My mother, for example, doesn't "believe" in psychiatry either, but her episodes of explosive rage, name calling and flailing around on the floor screaming "someone kill me!" are clear indicators of some form of mental illness.

Support groups? In Narnia, maybe.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join