It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Paglen: From the Archives of Peter Merlin, Aviation Archaeologist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Paglen is out with another book. Most are familiar with the book he published on the various Morale Patches that units would create etc .

This time he delves into some fo the finds and other items that Peter Merlin, a noted aviation archeologist and author, has come across including challenge coins, patches, mugs, and parts and pieces of noteworthy and often black (at one time) aircraft.

In From the Archives of Peter Merlin, Aviation Archaeologist, multidisciplinary artist Trevor Paglen (born 1974) collaborates with Peter Merlin, a former NASA archivist, on this new artist’s book featuring a photographic inventory of objects from the aerospace historian’s archive of research culled from military bases such as Area 51.
Featuring images of challenge coins, patches and commemorative mugs from within these bases, as well as debris recovered from the surrounding crash sites, the book presents both a social and technological investigation into the US government’s secret aviation history from the atomic age to today's drone wreckage. www.artbook.com...

Its a good read and must for any hard core aviation nut! The X-37 off road patch is really cool, as are some of the RQ-170's

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I have several Peter Merlin books. They're very interesting. He's got some great tales. I'm going to have to get this one for my collection.
edit on 6/3/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join