It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Democrats Take Lead In Latest Opinion Poll.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Say, which party wears them funny wigs?
Don’t vote for them, they are always bad guys in the movies.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yeah, well, remember "polls" predicted a landslide victory for Hillary back in 2016, too.

Polls are bovine feces, done with the sole purpose of manipulating public opinion and having nothing to do with actual news or truth.
:
edit on 2019 5 31 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Brexit party is made up of Conservatives on crack. Ex- conservatives who can't get voted into the main parliament so they made their own party.
I do You Gov polls cos they pay me. Polls are absolutely no use whatsoever. It's all according who they ask and where. They can come up with literally any result they want.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I'm not versed on your politics, but I would think the Brexit Party and Conservative Party were relatively the same, no?

They would be the same on non-Brexit issues. The Brexit party is a probably temporary voter defection, because the professional politicians among the Conservatives have got divided views.
Having said that, one of the problems of the Labour party is that they have the same division, between a proportion of their voters wanting Brexit (expecially for the immigration controls), and most of their professionals who don't.
edit on 31-5-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: rickymouse

Labor is almost always liberal ..

Unions, exc..

And that has been the case since the very beginning when the French aristocracy sat on the right(conservative s) and the peasants sat on the left (liberals)in france’s version of parliament.

Those who wanted to uphold the monarchy were the conservatives..

Those who wanted something new were the liberals.

It is different here, once the workers fought for unions and they were considered Liberals, they brought the wages up. Now, with Liberals fighting unions, wanting the government to set wages, the Union workers are conservatives, they do not want change to the new system. Funny how a former liberal organization is now actually conservative. Are you sure that labor is not actually trying to fight change there, that they actually aren't conservative? Think about what I am saying here.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thanks for the explanation; I had no idea what the term "Liberal Democrat" meant.

So I guess the question is..............will Brexit really EVER happen?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Say, which party wears them funny wigs?

Donald Trump.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Oh no.

All those terms already have actual dictionary definitions for a reason.. because they have already been defined..

The truth is that rightwing media redefines those words to mean “anything I do or do not like”..

Any policy/political faction who wants to uphold the traditions of the past or being back a bygone era is rightwing/conservative..

Anyone trying something new is left/liberal.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

All the unions are still democrats.. they have always provided the primary funding for the democrats....

That is why the GOP killed the unions with right to work states..

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

BWAHAHAHA

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Thanks for the explanation; I had no idea what the term "Liberal Democrat" meant.

A slightly more complete potted history;
In Victorian times, the Liberal party was a great coalition including middle classes and radicals, the non-conservative main party. This broke apart in the twentieth century, partly (but it's a long story) because the workers defected to the Labour party, and everyone else fled to the Conservatives. So the more recent Liberal party was just a protest group against the main left-right division.
In Maggie Thatcher's time, reacting against increased radicalism in the Labour party, a less radical, more intellectual group broke away from Labour and called themselves Social Democrats. These and the Liberals worked in election partnership for a couple of years, then the Liberal leader of the time forced the pace to combine them both into one party. The name "Liberal Democrat" therefore combined the two names.
(This is the only known political result of the satirical puppet show "Spitting Image". They kept depicting him as a tiny puppet in the other leader's pocket, and he felt obliged to prove he was nothing of the kind).

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Plaid Cymru 4

Who're these guys? Never heard of them prior to this thread. Of course, you could right entire books about what I don't know about the labyrinthine morass that is British politics...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
That's Welsh for "Welsh Nationalist".

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you!!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Plaid Cymru 4

Who're these guys? Never heard of them prior to this thread. Of course, you could right entire books about what I don't know about the labyrinthine morass that is British politics...

As Disraeli stated, they are the Welsh Nationalist Party.

Here is their Web Page. Let me know if you understand it.

www.plaid.cymru...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Odd as it may sound...?

Nope. Not a bit of it.

An independence party of some sort, from what I can gather. After all this time, is that even something that has even a remote chance of happening?? It's been what, a thousand years, or so, since Wales was **ahem** annexed?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Odd as it may sound...?

Nope. Not a bit of it.

An independence party of some sort, from what I can gather. After all this time, is that even something that has even a remote chance of happening?? It's been what, a thousand years, or so, since Wales was **ahem** annexed?

There use to be a far few problems with Welsh Nationalist some years ago. It seems to have cooled down a lot now.

Back in the 1980's burning down properties in Wales that where owned by the English, was a regular pass time.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

Wales got it's own " National Assembly " back in the 1990's, which became independent from Westminster to a great extent. That helped matters.

www.assembly.wales...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I don't recall ever hearing about that. Of course, there was the frufrah in Northern Ireland that kinda overshadowed it, I suppose. At least here in the States.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I don't recall ever hearing about that. Of course, there was the frufrah in Northern Ireland that kinda overshadowed it, I suppose. At least here in the States.

There is always someone somewhere who hates The English.

We get use to it.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Rigged poll.
Brexit was lumped in to 'Other' and was not one of the main party selections.
Yougov have been making excuses all day about their polling methodology.

edit on 31/5/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join