It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dropkick parents.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is it just me or do others sometimes see kids in the hands of some parents and think - geez, that poor kid/s.
Honestly the state of some people you just know the kids are destined for a really hard road if not a total dead end.
Drugs dependency, alcohol dependency, welfare dependency, deliberately born into single parent environments, or most frightenly all the above.

Isn't it about time people should have to be means tested both financially and psychologically and if competatant then licensed to have children.

It is not an attack on peoples rights to reproduce rather a means to protect the childs rights to a reasonable upbringing, the future community's rights to live in peace without lowlife crime and of course the countries rights to prosper without raising generations of families on welfare.

Seriously we need a licence to drive a car, a boat, own a gun, work (tax number), etc.

Now these are all important licences so why the most important thing we can do which is bring children into this cest pool we call life isn't regulated and licensed is beyond me. Now I'm reasonably certain I'm gonna cop it here but i ask before you start shelling me just think about it.

I for one am sick and tired of seeing loosers pop out kids. After all the apple apparently doesn't fall far from tbe tree right.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sounds like you want to “cleanse” the planet of people you see as undesirable. Sounds familiar in history hmmmm. Who deems what is acceptable? Some of these losers (or “loosers” as you put it) might be some extraordinary people.
How would you enforce it? By forced measures? Sounds tyrannical and dystopian.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Ain't gonna happen - our rulers need more sheep to keep the money wheel going around.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: leemachino
Sounds like you want to “cleanse” the planet of people you see as undesirable. Sounds familiar in history hmmmm. Who deems what is acceptable? Some of these losers (or “loosers” as you put it) might be some extraordinary people.
How would you enforce it? By forced measures? Sounds tyrannical and dystopian.

The topics not about enforcing, thats another issue, its just the idea of raising better human beings and ensuring they have all the tools in their toolbox they require to do the job (become valued productive members of society)
And yes cleanse the planet but not like"history" with force and violence but by common sense and patience.

A looser can easily change their ways if parenthood is valuable to them, but most of these " loosers as i put it" generally betray their own families and themselves to support their dirty deeds.

This is a well established fact - should these types just be allowed to endanger other human beings even if it is their own????.

Thanks for thinking about it though before shelling me.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ain't gonna happen - our rulers need more sheep to keep the money wheel going around.

I know i guess, im just venting after the appalling way i see kids treated at times by parents who by no means are " extraordinary " people, I'm just venting in disgust after all this is rant.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

We are getting closer every day to the movie idiocracy becoming a documentary.

I tell my kid all the time to not be to judgemental of her peers because many of them are being raised by monkeys so it's a miracle they have turned out as well as they have.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Interesting...My Parents were probably some of those You speak of, not because of drugs or alcohol but neglect and abuse. Some people may have looked at Me like that as a Parent, but having kids made Me quit My ways. Got my nice House and New Car, been a productive Member of Society, Finally at the age of 50 I started a Business that seems to be taking off.

I Think Everyone has potential no matter Their upbringing or even where they were Yesterday. Its a all about attitude.

I look at some well off People with Their kids, You know the kind that "appear" to have no problems and sometimes I think "Poor Kid".

Good People have bad kids and Bad People have Good kids.
edit on 27-5-2019 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

We are getting closer every day to the movie idiocracy becoming a documentary.

I tell my kid all the time to not be to judgemental of her peers because many of them are being raised by monkeys so it's a miracle they have turned out as well as they have.

I know but these kids raised by "monkeys" often influence good kids into making very bad mistakes sometimes even life changing mistakes ie- ending up in prison by association in crimes etc.

Also there kids and their already finding for themselves that they don't like/appreciate certain types so a natural defence by a good kid such as yours is to look to you for reassurance.
Where do the unfortunate ones raised by the loosers/monkeys find this guidance reassurances?

They dont. Despite the first responders neanderthal response surely theres some merit to this idea.

edit on 27-5-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
Interesting...My Parents were probably some of those You speak of, not because of drugs or alcohol but neglect and abuse. Some people may have looked at Me like that as a Parent, but having kids made Me quit My ways. Got my nice House and New Car, been a productive Member of Society, Finally at the age of 50 I started a Business that seems to be taking off.

I Think Everyone has potential no matter Their upbringing or even where they were Yesterday. Its a all about attitude.

I look at some well off People with Their kids, You know the kind that "appear" to have no problems and sometimes I think "Poor Kid".

Good People have bad kids and Bad People have Good kids.

As were mine and i know my soul would rather have had other opportunities.
But it shouldn't be about chance whole heartedly when it comes to life, should it?
edit on 27-5-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I know but these kids raised by "monkeys" often influence good kids into making very bad mistakes sometimes even life changing mistakes ie- ending up in prison by association in crimes etc.

Kids raised by Monkeys? Were all the same damn thing so if They are Monkeys You are a Monkey!

So Your saying that licensing People would solve the Parenting Problem? HAHAHAHA Just like licensing People to drive makes Them better drivers and follow all traffic laws?

Aren't Group homes actually Licensed? Hows that work out for most of them?
edit on 27-5-2019 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So according to OP only people with jobs should reproduce, because they are all so switched on. Sod the poor, they have no morals.
Who would set the guidelines?

Morals come from within and 'good kids' [to the parents] are often assholes when unsupervised.
I don't know if it's better to raise a slave for the state and be proud of it or raise a kid with love and trust.
All so called parents can be good or bad, no job or money or clean fingernails will change that. I have met my fair share of privileged morons and out of line lowlife from the dregs of society.

I have also met very interesting poor people and interesting people from a rich background. The rich ones were always in the minority when it comes to being decent to others were form wealth.
The vast majority of any kind of parent doesn't want their kid to be a criminal, only a very few. And yet it happens.
It also happen that kids from poor backgrounds with higher IQs will do their best to escape poverty.
It really all depends on a variety of reason, not just money or employment.

SO I ask again, who draws out the guidelines?

If I think of adoption guidelines, they refuse decent parents already for all sorts of idiot reasons [like they are a couple of years too old or have the wrong political opinion]. It ain't working.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

This thread reminds me of Katie Hopkins for some reason;

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The problem is that I've seen some people of means who shouldn't be parents either. The kids who shot up Columbine came from well-to-do families.

Sometimes, you cannot tell. Meanwhile, my own parents and my father's parents were by no means people of any means and they managed to provide a solid upbringing for their kids even if it was very threadbare in some ways.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I grew up in the country and was raised by a village, though we may have had to walk a couple of miles to some of our friends homes, and they to mine. Both of my parents worked for the military. We were, if using today's today's standards, abused and neglected. By the standards of the day, we were disciplined, raised to be strong and independent, while also being a member of the team, compassionate and loving.

We were the working poor. I grew up with the dirt poor and the filthy rich. That was over sixty years ago and I have seen the dirt poor raised by monkeys, rise to the level of the filthy rich, become pillars of the community, grow hobs and businesses, and I have watched those that were filthy rich, raised in good homes, choose to live the life of the dirt poor. Some of the most successful of us came from the rockiest of beginnings.

I work with children that come from what is called the best of families. The kind of family that is sold as the perfect family, and have seen those perfect children cutting themselves, playing Russian roulette with drugs, and getting involved in risky, in some cases, deadly behaviors.

Parenting is not about the parent. It is about the child. Some children thrive in the face adversity and that same child may wither and die on the vine of entitlement. I don't want the responsibility nor do I think I have the right to determine who should have children and who shouldn't. I know that when people look at me, they only see what they "think" they see. Who and what I am came with a lot of years of fermentation and aging. Sometimes that is what it takes to make a fine wine or even vinegar.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

But, what if our public school systems are churning out these "losers".....by dumbing down the curriculum and passing those who fail?

ETA
Losers are losers....nothing to do with social or economic class.
edit on Mon May 27 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Exactly.

Kids need challenge and the experience of succeeding and failing through their own efforts. They need to realize that hard work brings success or at least drastic improvement if not outright victory.

Instead, these days, everyone gets a trophy so no one feels bad, but that robs them of building coping skills and it doesn't foster the desire to get in there and improve for the next challenge so they do better next time.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As an alternative to licensing parents, consider how undesirables were eliminated from the gene pool in feudal Japan: a member of the warrior class could lop off the head of anyone they cared to.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sometime the most incapable, even mentally ill people have the most incredible children.

That is the crazy thing about genetics, you never know what you are going to get.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Why the anger, they will be easy to control, they will consume lots of services,

And if it all goes as planned, they will be great customers to large medicine companies,

They are the blood that runs in the veins of society.

There are other reasons why we need to multiply, but you would not believe me if i told you.

Besides, we need unemployed losers, and their spawn, remember what happened in the aussie land, when they were nearing full employment?

You speak against society

Do not miss the fact, that i am joking,,, Kinda

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

But, what if our public school systems are churning out these "losers".....by dumbing down the curriculum and passing those who fail?

ETA
Losers are losers....nothing to do with social or economic class.

The multitude of ways this can happen (production of loosers) is no doubt incalculable but surely responsible parents have an eye on kids behaviour and are quick to intervene when straying of track, the love and respect goes a long way to encouraging young minds to behave accordingly, where irresponsible parents will not likely have that eye on the lookout or are to busy chasing their own needs to address their childs, admittedly no matter what- some will still turn to undesirable antics but i guess thats why prisons will never be obsolete.
Only when we really start taking steps to eradicate certain types of behavioral choices will perhaps the likes of some "schools" who are failing the child, the parent, the community, the country maybe finially be exposed.

Loosers are loosers because of choices whether that be their choice soley or the choices left to choose from bad situations ie undesirable parents/homelife etc.

You cant tell me a child who has attended a school with a good rep isn't favoured over a child who attended a school with a not so good rep, or a child who grew up in say new york isn't favoured over a trailer park child, which does indeed indicate a " social or economic " class matters.

All I'm saying is our little ones deserve better and in unfortunately alot of cases alot better than their getting, some people just don't deseve to be parents.
Wether we find ways to address this or just continue to ignore it and then support them and their parents through welfare/rehab/psychiatry/psychology or shelters is obviously not my decision but this is rant and rant i did.
Rightly or wrongly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join