It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She's Almost gone...Theresa May FINALLY to resign and leave on 7th June....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Very - Very good point indeed.
Nice observation.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

To be honest i think those tears were for the history books.

Or at least for the way she wished to be remembered in them.

She wanted to be the P.M that brung about Brexit.

When the fact of the matter is she canny tie her own shoelace.

Good riddance to bad rubbish really.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You think people would vote Corbyn into power at an election? The one constant i find when chatting to people is that everyone is annoyed at Brexit but no one wants a Corbyn government.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This summer will be interesting I think especially in England and NI...

- Universal Credit is being rolled out to legacy claimants after being postponed already (those that are not new claimants and still on the old payments in advance) this July - will switch lots of folks into arrears with money and further hardship

- Brexit divide

- Conservative Leadership contest

- Highly likely General Election

- Scottish Independence stirrings

- NI parliamentary issues/border

- Far Right/Far Left divide

- Rising Inequality

- Unemployment rising (fake jobs do not count/economic inactivity etc)

add a bit of sunshine into that mix along with other issues, someone getting hurt or similar on either side and the domino's start to fall...

Almost like they want everyone to go nuts.

edit on 24-5-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I suppose the most sincere thing shes ever done is cry for her own demise!

She’s definitely Tory through and through. LoL

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Arguments for and against the common agricultural policy

ps. I couldn't find anything on the EU demanding that the UK rip out its hedgerows. Probably more to do with landowners going with the cheaper option with less maintenance. ie, wire and electric fences. Now I don't know where you live but around here in most rural places we have thousands of miles of hedgerows still.

I metal detect and part of the hobby is studying old maps going back hundreds of years, The rural field sizes and shapes haven't really changed much over the centuries up here.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I remember at the time it was about standardized field size to meet EU criteria mostly to grow cash crop's such as rapeseed etc.

A lot of farmers though had already removed hedgerow's for there more up to date and large combine's so that also has to be factored into the debate, you know though if you have looked and have not found anything it was a long time ago so just perhaps I could be mistake as to the EU's part in that, the removal of those hedgerow's though has cause a lot of harm and as I did point out not everything the EU did was bad, in fact it was probably more good than bad on most thing's except migration into the EU which mostly headed to the richer western European country's such as Scandinavia, England and Germany - France already over crowded with it's own ghetto's of mainly former french African's was not there ideal destination as most saw Britain in particular as a bridge to the US and a few other very contentious issues which have also played against the EU.

My main gripe with the EU was it's lack of transparency, corrupt Brussels official's and the Troika - not that our own parliament is any better but in the confusion many blamed the EU rightly or wrongly for the actions of the Tory's and there Austerity drive - given that the EU had indeed initiated austerity measures and it was used to destroy the Safety net's of many EU block country's in order to force there plan for normalizing (lowering and making the EU more attractive to company's looking for cheap labor as well as moving ever closer to a single EU nation state model) wages across all member states I do believe the EU does indeed have a lot to answer for there.

edit on 24-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

You think people would vote Corbyn into power at an election? The one constant i find when chatting to people is that everyone is annoyed at Brexit but no one wants a Corbyn government.

I disagree actually, people are sheep the young though are smarter than they let on and a lot of them do want him or rather what he stand's for.

The older though have to a very large degree been bamboozled by the right wing media view that Corbyn is going to destroy the country a view that the Tory's propaganda machine has fostered with a gusto but to be frank even if some of his views are not popular a prime minister does not rule without the backing of his cabinet and parliament and that mean's NO nuclear disarmament of our country and labour probably having a very hard time bringing in some of there core fundamental policy's.

They shall however be able to roll back the crime that is universal credit however and if they are canny actually deliver to the public the true figures for death's related to Tory's welfare reform's.

Remember that pencil necked bookish Michael Gove standing in Parliament and open saying to Corbyn that THEY would NEVER allow him to take power - not that the Electorate would not but THEY the Tory's - just who the hell did that guy think he was, do we the electorate not have the right to decide our own leadership.

I already VERY strongly suspect the Tory's of foul play in preventing milliband from becoming prime minister (by a Whisker) and also would caste your mind back to how the Tory controlled media and propaganda machine blackened him, he was only very slightly more left wing than Blair but had more of a heart for the people but they made big news of his father having been a member of the communist party - his FATHER not him and that would have cost him some votes because people are SHEEP.
Also remember those missing ballot papers robbed from a G4S truck and how they cleaned up the trail on that afterwards once they were securely back in power following the suspicious election result's, they once blackmailed Neil Kinnock behind the scene's and he did not contest them when they won a suspicious election victory back then despite numberous call's from within the Labour part to do so and so I do wonder if a similar technique was used against milliband though I personally found him to be a really frank, nice and fair guy whom was more upset for our country than he was for himself at the loss knowing or at least having an idea of what the Tory's had planned for our country - to turn it into a rich man's paradise and a poor man's hell.
You would be surprised how many of our nation's security service boss' are also Tory party members - enough to mean they act as another arm of the Tory party or have on occasion in the past and just perhaps in contravention of our civil law's.

edit on 24-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Theresa May is a national embarrassment on an international stage. She betrayed the citizens of England who elected her. It would be just fine with me if she were punished for treason.

Did the UK population vote to leave the EU? Why wasn't BREXIT delivered?

I hope the next PM doesn't horse around like Theresa May. Get'R'Done people!!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As an outside observer, it seems to me that Brit politics are just as screwed up as US politics. Inept leadership, a fiercely divided populace, votes that don't seem to matter, promises broken, cronyism, and more. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all.

I think the Brexit vote was a largely theatrical event with the outcome a foregone conclusion. Until the votes were tallied that is. They told a different story. One May was not prepared for. By now though she has had time to come up with a workable plan, at least as much as there can be, but hasn't from what I can see.

So, with the iceberg dead ahead and the ship not slowing, how does the average Brit feel right now? Not the press release version or the party rhetoric, but the guy in the street. What are the greatest hopes and the greatest fears from this? I can see a shock wave through the financial circles, but that is a fairly obvious conclusion. What does the Brit in the middle of all this see that I don't from my US perspective?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

So, with the iceberg dead ahead and the ship not slowing, how does the average Brit feel right now? Not the press release version or the party rhetoric, but the guy in the street. What are the greatest hopes and the greatest fears from this?

This average Brit is happy that Theresa May is finally going and that Brexit may not be as dead as he thought , there is now a chance we will get a Brexit supporting leader with the balls to tell the EU that if they want a deal with the 3rd largest economy in Europe they have to give as well as take.

Theresa May saw the Brexit negotiations as a damage limitation exercise instead of an opportunity to take back control of our country which is why she failed , just another a misjudgment in the line of misjudgments that define her leadership.
edit on 25-5-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
... with the balls to tell the EU that if they want a deal with the 3rd largest economy in Europe ...

The UK is the second largest economy in Europe.

And yes, the EU needs to be more respectful of the UK's position and stop trying to break up the UK. If the EU wants a half decent and productive post Brexit alliance with a fellow European nation, then they need to start acting like it.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The UK is the second largest economy in Europe.

Sorry got my numbers mixed up , 3rd largest contributor to the EU 2nd largest economy.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Speaking as a Remainer (I regard Brexit as insanity that could lead to economic disaster, because we need access to the single market and our business community is not at all pro-Brexit) I regard May with utter contempt.
Let's start off by pointing out that I also hold David Cameron in utter contempt, as he was responsible for the referendum in the first place. He thought that he could win it, because he'd won the previous campaigns that he'd been involved in. He won the electoral reform referendum (by stabbing his coalition partners in the back), won the Scottish independence referendum (by running on Project Fear) and then became the first Tory leader in almost 25 years to lead his party to a majority in the House of Commons (by repeating Project fear and then dialling it up to Project Super-Fear).
The problem is that he tried to win the referendum using his usual tactics of Project Fear and was then surprised when people worked out how to counter it. And because half of the Leaver politicians were members of his own party he held back on telling the electorate that they were idiots peddling delusions. He lost and promptly fell on his sword.
When May came in she was regarded as a safe pair of hands. She soon showed that she was nothing of the sort by displaying utter incompetance in her negotiating style, which is to say that she showed that she can't negotiate. She has no idea about give and take, she just states her position, expects you to agree/concede that she's right - and was then confused when people said 'No, you're wrong'. She'd then state her position yet again, get swatted again, fail to learn from this and then repeat the process.
She was a disaster.
We now have three options remaining. Either we crash out without a deal, which would be a disaster, or we have a second vote, or we remain in because there's no votes in the Commons to get us out.
One last thing. The vote was three years ago. The electorate has changed since then, as people have died and others have reached the age of 18. The next vote might be different.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Let's start off by pointing out that I also hold David Cameron in utter contempt, as he was responsible for the referendum in the first place.

Cameron needs arresting from his shed where he is reportedly hiding and writing a book, then marched to no 10 and made PM again and forced to sort out the mess he created.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Reading the papers and watching the news last night it's like everyone has forgotten that prior to being the worst pm in recent history, she was the worst home secretary in recent history.
She is a woman who's singular talent was to get promoted far beyond the level her ability could match.

I can't think of a single, successful thing she ever did.
Good bloody riddance.
If the Tories had chosen Andrea Leadsom, we'd have been out of the EU by now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join