It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Jussie Smollett's Case Documents Ordered Unsealed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
BWAHAHAHA! Good for him, asshole out there running his mouth after he got away with this #.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm glad something will be done with this. He broke the law and got away with it.

Lol to the black privilege though, that's a stretch.

He had rich privilege, knowing people privilege.

The black privilege part might be more localized as to where he lives, but he is at a minimum Hollywood privilege with his black and gay positions allowing him to create a fake hate crime that the left, Hollywood etc rushed to his side. If he was straight and white he would not have received hardly a head nod, so yes in 2019 there is something called black and/or gay privilege while also suggesting white groups are now being oppressed.

edit on 24-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Looks like black privilege is not going to work this time

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So tired of this little s***...

He should be tried for almost sparking a race/civil war and thrown in a hole. If a white man had committed these acts there would be a national movement to put him away for life.

But...
"Muh black privilege..."
So we all are just supposed to stick our head back in the sand and forget the injustices this guy committed?

Just one more example we now have to point to when giving examples of liberal inconsistencies and fallacies.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How is this even possible?

This guy orchestrated a hoax and blamed trump supporters.

He did it to himself or payed those brothers to inflict damage upon himself

Guy has real mental issues.

And those brothers really gave it to him good....lol

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here's hoping he actually gets in real trouble now. Also, that AG who sealed the records originally should be in a jumpsuit already, but I don't think she got into any major trouble (barring some bad TV publicity).

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I mean, shouldn't he be in bigger trouble anyway? Didn't he use the mail to send some "unknown" substance?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This should be public - good.

Black privilege though? No.. rich actor guy privilege. It's interesting how if someone is black or Asian or Indian or any race other than white, that that is the assumption. That their race was the reason. I'm white. My wife is Korean. My brother's wife is African. It never ceases to amaze me how people can talk about privilege of any race that isn't white. White has the privilege. From getting jobs, to getting raises and promotions, opportunities, benefit of the doubt when something goes wrong... it's funny people think that white people don't have the advantage. They always do.

Even though I ironically lost a job because a company had to adhere to keeping a certain % of minority on staff, and I'm white, I still think that minorities are at a disadvantage, day to day. If white, wearing a hoodie, what are your chances of being stopped while walking down the street in a "nice" neighborhood, than a black person? Much lower. Just a fact.

I think Smollett should be roasted. Because he is taking advantage of his status of an actor and his wealth. Not because he is black. It's sad to me, that as soon as someone is involved in something, and they are black, THAT is the reason.. nothing else is considered first.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Please dont twist and turn around and excuse a racist action by a person, no matter the color.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I mean, shouldn't he be in bigger trouble anyway? Didn't he use the mail to send some "unknown" substance?

That is still under FBI Investigation. Feds move much slower than city/state.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I can’t argue that there aren’t racist people out there-!quite frankly they exist in all areas, and from all skin tones. I can’t walk in downtown Baltimore, but it’s more likely that I would be robbed or killed by residents, not the police.(I’m not agreeing that the police do this- which statistically is NOT the case- but merely acknowledging your premise)
However, I would say that there are people who look at violent crime, calculate the variables, and make educated decisions based on those variables. In my neighborhood, anyone walking around in a hoodie would catch the eye of everyone who lives there. Why? Because I live on a dead end street and we all know each other.
If I lived in an area where 50-65% of all violent crime was perpetrated by 7% of the population, this would impact my decisions on whom I watched more carefully, most definitely. That is not racist, that is smart.im guessing there aren’t a lot of old black grandmas getting the police called on them anywhere, so I don’t think you can fairly say that race is the primary variable, now can you?
As for jobs, etc., I cannot speak for everyone- but as someone who once had to hire by the dozens for campaign work, I can tell you that appearance (dress, grooming, etc.), education, personal conduct (speaking manner, body language)and public conduct ( Facebook, etc.) were all considered. If the results skewed, it was more likely that my hiring was disproportionately women, and Asians.
I guess my point is, there are many minority races in this country, but only one of them requires us to make constant excuses and efforts to include; all others have made the leap and pulled themselves out of the hole they were in. These, sadly, are the facts.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you, care!

That investigation has popped into my head a few times since the main story died off but never stuck long enough for me to actually investigate what happened/is happening with it. I just assumed it was the typical speed of the feds since I hadn't heard anything. You confirmed that for me!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

Since being created by Benjamin Franklin—yes, that Benjamin Franklin—the service has learned a few things about tracing mail-based crimes. Figuring out who mailed a letter has been made easier because, while most criminals know to wear gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints, most criminals also forget to leave their cellphones at home when they go to the mailbox.

Meanwhile, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has been quietly working on the origins of Smollett’s letter for nearly a month. Giving it far more “attention” than he knew.

Late Monday, CWBChicago received confirmation that the letter case has been before a federal grand jury and multiple subpoenas have been generated over the course of the investigation.

In a conversation on Feb. 8th, before police met with brothers Ola and Abel Osundairo, a leading source within the Smollett attack investigation called the hate crime a "false flag" and said “There is a direct line between (the letter) and (the purported attack)." In the same conversation, the source hinted at what was to come: "This is not a whodunit. It's a how-many-people-dunit."

Whoever mailed the letter "made an enormous mistake," we were told. Federal charges were "certain."

Smollett threat letter called "enormous mistake"; Purported attack location identified; Federal charges "certain"

And

What About Harmless, Suspicious White Powder?

Turns out, there's a handy federal offense covering this sort of thing. 18 U.S.C. section 1038 makes it a crime to "engag[e] in any conduct with intent to convey false or misleading information [that] may reasonably be believed [to indicate] that" a biological agent is present. It also makes doing so a civil action, i.e. allows someone to sue.

Which is lawyer-talk for: no, you can't send threatening letters and add sugar, flour -- or corn starch -- to make it legal.

Is It a Crime to Mail White Powder Even If It's Harmless?

So, as far as the powder goes:

(a) Criminal Violation.—
(1)In general.—Whoever engages in any conduct with intent to convey false or misleading information under circumstances where such information may reasonably be believed and where such information indicates that an activity has taken, is taking, or will take place that would constitute a violation of chapter 2, 10, 11B, 39, 40, 44, 111, or 113B of this title, section 236 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284), or section 46502, the second sentence of section 46504, section 46505(b)(3) or (c), section 46506 if homicide or attempted homicide is involved, or section 60123(b) of title 49, shall—
(A) be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(B) if serious bodily injury results, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(C) if death results, be fined under this title or imprisoned for any number of years up to life, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 1038. False information and hoaxes

He could face up to 5 years.

In regards to the threatening letter itself"

(b) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person any money or other thing of value, so deposits, or causes to be delivered, as aforesaid, any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of the addressee or of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 876. Mailing threatening communications

The FBI and USPS Inspectors are both working the case and as those are federal agencies, they do move much slower than local or state level agencies. Even though Smollett skated on the false reporting charges, there is still a significant possibility that he will be facing federal charges if he can be tied to the letter.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I can't really disagree with most of the thread, but I do wonder about the "gay privilege", because I've had a sinking feeling that being white and gay confers little (if any privilege) to queer cisgender white males these days.
At least not above other white males.
But maybe it varies between countries?

It seems we were useful idiots, only to be discarded now as "pampered reactionaries".

I've read of several LGBT events in North America (and it also happened in SA) being stopped by black radical groups, or Antifa, for example.

A positive spin-off perhaps is that in SA, I've felt a greater sense of comradeship with my fellow white bros and far less division within our minority racial and gender group, which can only enhance our political resistance.

Just saying the world changed rapidly over just five years, and gay males, especially white gay males (not talking gender-benders, transgenders or transsexuals - well, are these still "males"? ) pretty much went from heroes back to ciphers in the Leftist paradigm.

Of course Smollett may have been playing the Third Wave Feminist intersectionality card with his performances, but if he was just white and gay, I wonder if the whole imbroglio would have even received the initial media attention that it did. He might have found himself completely ignored these days.
edit on 25-5-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

(post by ServiusTull removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join