It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uniting All People Through Sunday Laws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm impressed at your ability to phrase a post in such a way that I read it with a Jamaican accent.

And I know joking aside, you're a busy man. You got your main gig and the side hoe. I'm sure there's plenty of members here who would say things like you get to fly around and drink everywhere you go... As if they can't remember what that did to Anthony Bourdain.

#MakeSureToVacation #ItCouldSaveOurLives

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm impressed at your ability to phrase a post in such a way that I read it with a Jamaican accent.

The Headleys would be happy.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Sunday law is stupid because clearly people still need to work on sunday for emergency services, etc, a mandatory one day off per individual per week is fine, and probably a good idea for mental health.

Yes I'm aware some people love working seven days a week for the extra money, but more others can't handle the strain and it causes actual emotional and mental drain and strain on them and their loved ones. As things stand, the people who can't handle seven days a week are stuck, while those who want the seven days would not be worse for ware without them.

Every body should by right and necessity have one mental health day a week. If someone really feels the need to do work that day, clean their damn house, go help a neighbor with theirs, or go help in your damn community and do charity work, but don't create a situation where everyone is forced to accept seven day weeks to keep any job.

I take one day off a week, I get Thursday off, other than that I work 9 hours 40 minutes to 12 hours and 20 minutes every day but Thursday, and on Thursday almost always have some appointment and necessary chores which means it's rarely a true relax day. For anyone curious the hours are 9 hours and 40 on Mondays and Fridays and 12 hours and 20 all the other days. If I had to work Thursdays too, no one would ever see me. Is bad enough my girlfriend now has MS and I'm still stuck working these hours to make ends meet, especially as she can't work and my car just died permanently forcing me to have to get another car.

Sorry for my weird rant, I just, am very much against the seven day a week work week, I think it is, wrong, immoral, unethical, and bad for mental health and society as a whole.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

The seventh day of the week is Saturday not Sunday.

Sunday is the first day of the week.

The Roman Catholic church changed the seventh day from Saturday to Sunday.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Theocracy is not around the corner. There aren't going to be Sunday laws, we keep our governments, our hired managers, secular.

About the same claim I've heard for years, yet we are marching right towards Sunday Laws being enforced. We would expect there to be no movement in this area if what you're saying is right. Yet, that's exactly what can be seen.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
So you want to make mandatory to take Sunday off ?

How about police, fire fighters, Doctors, nurses, paramedics....
How about the folks who monitors nuclear power plants ?
Or hydro electric dams ?
What if your car breaks down on the way home from church ?
No tow truck till Monday ?
Better enjoy reading, because there's nobody broadcasting your favorite re runs on TV......and no football or any of your favorite sports.

I don't, but the Pope does.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

The seventh day of the week is Saturday not Sunday.

Sunday is the first day of the week.

The Roman Catholic church changed the seventh day from Saturday to Sunday.

Yes, I know.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Work all you want on Sunday because Saturday is the Biblical sabbath.

Agreed!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Sunday law is stupid because clearly people still need to work on sunday for emergency services, etc, a mandatory one day off per individual per week is fine, and probably a good idea for mental health.

Yes I'm aware some people love working seven days a week for the extra money, but more others can't handle the strain and it causes actual emotional and mental drain and strain on them and their loved ones. As things stand, the people who can't handle seven days a week are stuck, while those who want the seven days would not be worse for ware without them.

Every body should by right and necessity have one mental health day a week. If someone really feels the need to do work that day, clean their damn house, go help a neighbor with theirs, or go help in your damn community and do charity work, but don't create a situation where everyone is forced to accept seven day weeks to keep any job.

I take one day off a week, I get Thursday off, other than that I work 9 hours 40 minutes to 12 hours and 20 minutes every day but Thursday, and on Thursday almost always have some appointment and necessary chores which means it's rarely a true relax day. For anyone curious the hours are 9 hours and 40 on Mondays and Fridays and 12 hours and 20 all the other days. If I had to work Thursdays too, no one would ever see me. Is bad enough my girlfriend now has MS and I'm still stuck working these hours to make ends meet, especially as she can't work and my car just died permanently forcing me to have to get another car.

Sorry for my weird rant, I just, am very much against the seven day a week work week, I think it is, wrong, immoral, unethical, and bad for mental health and society as a whole.

I agree we need a balance in working and resting. As for Sunday Laws, it's something the Pope wants, and is pushing for, and governments are going for it. And yes, it IS a bad thing. This video is exposing what is being done, and how they are doing about it.

Everyone should be able to take a day off, or even days off from work, when they need to. I keep the Biblical Sabbath, but even so, having only a 5 day work week, it's still easy to get burned out being at work 40 to about 50 hours a week.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join