It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal help wanted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So I work w/ 2 useless example of human beings, who make my work life difficult.

1) A server who has singled me out, insults me, curses me daily, etc.
2) a kitchen worker who claimed hostile workplace and sexual harassment (b/c shes a female and im a male)b/c i wouldnt quit doing my work and do her job so she could leave early, and then give her a ride home 3 miles out of my way home.

Ive been to mgmt, one told me 'Im not a babysitter-solve it yourself', another said she didnt wanna hear it, and the RGM claims his hands are tied unless one makes aggressive or sexual overtures toward me (the kitchen worker has, but try to prove it).

I like my job, I actually make decent $$$, and im good at it.
Changing locations/jobs isnt an option.
I cant go to corporate....that has happened before, and the complainer was gone 4 days later.

I should mention my last raise review was rated at 95% out of 100.......very high for this company, so I know im a valued employee...

I just want to work w/ no drama, issues, problems.......why is that so hard?

Any Ideas?

edit on 22-5-2019 by Brywilson2 because: Spelling and grammar.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

Take a demotion to dishwasher, they will see that you are insane and give you wide berth, as one does with feral animals.
edit on 22/5/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Get a new job.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Bring a small audio recorder you can fit in your pocket?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So everything about the place sucks but you like the job.....

Restaurants are a dime a dozen so if you insist on working in one you better find a new one.

And until you tell those people to stick it where the monkey put the peanut they will continue to harass you. That only stops when they realize their tactics dont work.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Get a voice recorder. Whenever any of these people bother you. Record them.

Play it for your manager, his manager whatever. If they won't take care of the problem. Then there's no hope in anything ever changing. Might be a good time to ready your resume.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Voice Recorder.

That girl has the potential to ruin your entire life with a single fabricated claim.
Sounds like she has already tried, which usually means she will make the next one even more extreme.
Either get out or record her admitting to lying.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

NOTE - Asking for advice on revenge (legal or otherwise) on the Internet = Bad BAD Ju-Ju!!!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I am far from insane. Nor am I a feral animal.
I merely want to do my job without being harassed, is that so bad?
As far as my 'demotion', I make very good money. Why should I take a cut in pay due to someone else's ignorance?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

NOTE - Asking for advice on revenge (legal or otherwise) on the Internet = Bad BAD Ju-Ju!!!

Revenge was a bad choice of wording.......
I merely want this b.s. to stop.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Regarding the kitchen worker who "claimed hostile workplace and sexual harassment," was this a formal complaint with the management? Did you have an opportunity to tell your side? Is there an appeal option?

Recording isn't a bad idea, but check laws in your state first. Some states allow recording with one party's knowledge, some states require both parties' knowledge... Don't get yourself in trouble in the process.

Regarding the one sexually harassing you, is it physical? As in criminal sexual assault? In which case you could go to the police.

Even if it's only verbal, perhaps filing a complaint with the Department of Labor? Although I believe you have to make a formal complaint with your employer first, and exhaust the company's internal procedures, before making a complaint to the DoL. But maybe I'm wrong. Don't trust my word on this!

That's all I've got. Good luck!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Gamble and threaten the HR person that you are going corporate if they don't take care of the problem. And if they don't, go corporate, you might be surprised.

Put the fear of god in them and threaten to actually get a lawyer.

Contact your local county labor relations board and report your restaurant.
edit on 22-5-2019 by olaru12 because: xx00

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Voice Recorder.

That girl has the potential to ruin your entire life with a single fabricated claim.
Sounds like she has already tried, which usually means she will make the next one even more extreme.

I've considered the voice recorder. I try to avoid being near this person, not always possible, but at least I dont have to be alone w/ her.

As far as leaving, I make a very decent payday. Why should I leave? I do my job, keep to myself, and try to basically be invisible.

The point is, im there to make money, not cause issues, make friends, have fun.....im there to do a job, do it well, and go home. I shouldnt have to record, hide, etc just because one or 2 ppl decide im thier personal doormat.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I saw you changed the title...good move!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I saw you changed the title...good move!

Yea...i dont want 'revenge' per se, I just want it to stop.

I try to be a decent guy, so when someone goes out of thier way to make it difficult for me, i have problems dealing with it.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2

Voice Recorder.

I've considered the voice recorder. I try to avoid being near this person, not always possible, but at least I dont have to be alone w/ her.

As far as leaving, I make a very decent payday. Why should I leave? I do my job, keep to myself, and try to basically be invisible.

The point is, im there to make money, not cause issues, make friends, have fun.....im there to do a job, do it well, and go home. I shouldnt have to record, hide, etc just because one or 2 ppl decide im thier personal doormat.

The facts I am reading is the only thing you like about your current job is the pay. The work environment is hostile and negative from co-workers on up through management. Quite honestly, if you are the only one complaining, it will be you who will be fired for one reason or another eventually.

You might as well seek out other employment before this occurs since it is much easier to get a new job with an outstanding ref from your employer rather than tack on that you were fired. Get ahead of the ball and find a better more positive work environment. If you are as good as you say as an employee, it will not take long to increase your salary again.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2

Voice Recorder.

The point is, im there to make money, not cause issues, make friends, have fun.....im there to do a job, do it well, and go home. I shouldnt have to record, hide, etc just because one or 2 ppl decide im their personal doormat.

No you shouldn't have to record stuff but you do if you want to get it on record otherwise its a he said she said. All kinds of cheap mini cams with audio, pens etc. Get the evidence or you might have to just suck it up. I'm the same way at work just want to do my job and go home,but you might have to find a way to diffuse the situation too.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Arrange a slip-n-fall for yourself. Sue company. Move to Barbados and open a bar. Worked for me.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It sounds like you're going through the same kind of thing my wife always goes through at every job she gets.......there's always someone that's completely bad at their job and goes out of their way to chase others out. Like many have said, it's probably in your best interest to find a new job. Sure, you may like this one, but you may like the next one you get even more.

In regards to recording the people in question, I would first recommend you look up the laws in your state regarding consent. Some states are one-party consent states, which if I understand correctly means that as long as you consent to the recording then it doesn't matter if they do or not. Other states are two-party consent states, which means that unless both parties consent to being recorded then you could possibly get into trouble for recording your co-workers if you used said recording against them.

I know this because I used to work at an electronics store and many times husbands/wives would come in to buy voice-recorders so they could record their ex's and prove their bad behavior. I used to warn them about consent, but many of them corrected me because we live in a one-party consent state.

Other than that, good luck!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Step 1: invite them over for a dinner party.
Step 2: dig a big hole
Step 3: ???????
Step 9: enjoy your profits...

* some names were changed to protect the innocent.

edit on 22-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join