It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Smoking in the Heroin Injecting Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In Oslo, Norway they have a heroin injecting room where addicts may inject themselves without fear of prosecution. The room is a no-smoking zone, smoking is forbidden. Smoking heroin is said to be safer than injecting it. I think this is quite stupid. They think they are "saving lifes" by not allowing people to smoke in there and this actually has the opposite effect.

This is not a for or against the heroin injecting rooms thread. Imagine they are already there and there´s nothing you can do about it...

Should it be allowed to smoke heroin in there or should it be restricted to injecting only? It could save some lives in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I just find it kind of silly they'd prohibit smoking in a room specifically designated for injecting heroin.

If there are health benefits of smoking heroin (it's safer, as you say) it should be allowed.... why the hell not, they're already shooting up.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I heard they were concerned about possible "passive smoking" of the staff working in that room...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's a legitimate concern......

How many staff would be in the room, and what would their purpose be? Couldn't they have a designated smoking room if it's safer as you say.

new topics

top topics

join