It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS's "The Good Fight" promotes SWATTING political opponents and conservatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Spoilers for last 4 episodes (through episode 10)

I didn't watch the show since they had the episode where the black "lawyer" guy attacked the white guys at the voting polls and they did the whole it's OK to "punch a Nazi in the face" and promoted violence against basically anyone who wasn't pro-leftist.

Well these last couple episodes they have gone a few steps further and from "simple" violence of a fist fight, to the illegal use of the militarized police system by calling in a hostage situation against political opponents. In these two episodes, they decided to go after someone in Trump's DHS/ICE admin and "SWAT" them (which is calling in a fake situation which would result in a swat team response to the unsuspecting person/group) for holding families at the border in detention. In this series the person they targeted ended up being killed and the leftist group see's it as a success and plan to repeat it with a higher level person in the admin.

Now IDK about you but this is the type of thing that is openly promoting violence and terrorism, as terrorism is specifically politically related. The group of leftists, save a couple more moderate main characters who remove themselves from the group, think the resulting death was appropriate for his actions and see it as a legitimate form of fighting the administration. They don't stop there, they also plan on installing malware on voting machines to sway the voting to ensure a democrat win and they go through many explanations on how to do it, why it is OK and give lots of equivocations as to why it is morally the correct thing to do.

The main character who thought the swatting was over the line, leaves the group and is threatened (with death of her/husband) if she doesn't "fall in line" but she stands firm. She is threatened again as well as the other main character. The show ends with the couple in bed and sounds of someone coming in the house and we see a swat team outside their room. Well at least there is some honesty in the show - not that any of the above is really lying as the left does promote violence. It is showing that they eat their own at the drop of a hat, which seems an honest message for the public, IMO.

I've seen a lot of TV shows over the last 20+ years where they portray various "conspiracies" like terrorist plots, but very few of them showed and explained the steps of how to do it like this show and this show seems to go above and beyond in making the case as to why it is OK for them to do this, basically promoting and asking people to do it IMHO.

I know if the same thing had happened under the Obama admin, there would have been enormous outcry about racism and bigotry in the show, but here, now, it's all good.

I think we are going to see people influenced by shows like this in the coming years and there needs to be an investigation into who is funding this type of thing and if they are being directed to follow certain scripts or if the writers are coming up with this independently. If it isn't independent, then there is certainly something to be said about what is being portrayed and it might meet the requirements of various crimes.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Was this your misfired thread from a few minutes ago?

Sorry, just had to ask. I read pretty much all of your stuff. But in this one I stopped at "CBS...Good fight"...aka the "Punch a nazi" propaganda from a week or so ago.

If you even bother to watch this, either seriously or satirically, it's a massive waste of time. Much less giving them the "time of day" by commenting on their overt racism.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Sorry, just had to ask. I read pretty much all of your stuff. But in this one I stopped at "CBS...Good fight"...aka the "Punch a nazi" propaganda from a week or so ago.

If you even bother to watch this, either seriously or satirically, it's a massive waste of time. Much less giving them the "time of day" by commenting on their overt racism.

It's one of the only prime time shows I watch if there is nothing else on and I only do it if I have other stuff to do (usually laundry, dishes, busy work), so it's more background noise. I agree it's not worth the waste of time. I only watch b/c I like to see what is being pushed on prime time b/c unfortunately that is kind of important IMO (as to getting the "pulse" of the left).

Oh, yes, it was the beginning of the other thread, lol

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
We are currently in the moment when most propaganda channels don't see the tides turning. Instead of dialing back their propaganda, they aren't simply doubling down. They are quintupling down and pushing their dead end narrative to the ever dwindling naive populace.

It's really refreshing that most see this for the BS it is. Hopefully within 5 years we'll see the mass defunding/destruction of these sudo government 'entertainment outlets".

You couldn't pay me hundreds of dollars to sit and watch half the hour long propaganda shows that are on the major broadcast outlets. And that scares the # out of these "rightous" fools.

No, I'm not going to go out and punch random people because of their "violent" speech. Sorry, propaganda.exe failed to load.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What if I swat them cuz they beat me on Counter-Strike?

Thats cool too right?

be careful...

a lot of weaponized autism out there lefties.

and leftie autism is kinda weak.

edit on 18-5-2019 by Lysergic because: dont need no one.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

It's one of the only prime time shows I watch if there is nothing else on and I only do it if I have other stuff to do (usually laundry, dishes, busy work), so it's more background noise. I agree it's not worth the waste of time. I only watch b/c I like to see what is being pushed on prime time b/c unfortunately that is kind of important IMO (as to getting the "pulse" of the left).

Well, I certainly don't hold the counter intel work against you. You're over the air antennae must suck. Atleast watch some old star trek reruns and maybe a good new show(Whiskey Cavalier).

I guess on the bright side, you are doing a lot of laundry.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Never watched the show and don’t plan on it. All my friends tell me how it sucks and they regret wasting time on it.

But if ya need some cool shows to watch I can definitely give ya a laundry list.....see what I did there.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What most people never stop to think about is most acts of terror or even genocide originate out of empathy. The problem is because it is only selective empathy for one's own kind. No bad group in history ever got together and said, "hey, let's set the world on fire simply because we are evil and love chaos". They genuinely feel they are doing themselves, their loved ones and community or country a great service. They think they are the good guys.

The last time the U.S. went through this progressive nonsense it gave rise to the corrupted science of eugenics. And that was because they simply wanted stronger, healthier children and a better society for them to grow up in. How could you argue with that, right? Progress! Then the Nazis got a hold of it...

"Progressive" idealism has likely caused more unnatural death in the last century than anything else on earth. And yet school kids today are taught to run around and wear it like a badge of honor.

I fear for us. I really do.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Well, I certainly don't hold the counter intel work against you. You're over the air antennae must suck. Atleast watch some old star trek reruns and maybe a good new show(Whiskey Cavalier).

I guess on the bright side, you are doing a lot of laundry.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll check out WC. I really have a hard time finding anything new to watch and I've watched BSG (original 1978/1979 and 2004-2008) too many times and I've done the trek thing so I've just sucked it up and put on background noise. I stopped listening to any NPR or AM radio after I figured it was all on re-run as well.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
What most people never stop to think about is most acts of terror or even genocide originate out of empathy. The problem is because it is only selective empathy for one's own kind. No bad group in history ever got together and said, "hey, let's set the world on fire simply because we are evil and love chaos". They genuinely feel they are doing themselves, their loved ones and community or country a great service. They think they are the good guys.

The last time the U.S. went through this progressive nonsense it gave rise to the corrupted science of eugenics. And that was because they simply wanted stronger, healthier children and a better society for them to grow up in. How could you argue with that, right? Progress! Then the Nazis got a hold of it...

"Progressive" idealism has likely caused more unnatural death in the last century than anything else on earth. And yet school kids today are taught to run around and wear it like a badge of honor.

I fear for us. I really do.

I have kind of the opposite idea of what makes people strong and it isn't growing up in an ideal place and given every opportunity. It is struggle, strife and the will to achieve and overcome. To be better. To go a step beyond, maybe because there is something "missing" inside or someone told you you are inadequate. It sounds rough, but it builds character and makes people strong. Just like steel is forged in fire and pounded on an anvil, people are shaped and molded through trials, tribulation, struggle and hardship. I think that is why societies often die from within, because they make things to soft and fluffy. They loose the grit that made then hard people. The thick calloused hands and skin like leather, the hard, square jaws and high testosterone. I think that is where the idea of "greys" came from, the ultimate decline into having very little hard work to do and everything being mental. Not a world that seems enjoyable.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Don't give them ratings.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Don't give them ratings.

And there we have it.

If you are on the airwaves verses the Internet or a cable system, the small local channels have game shows and old stuff that is very good. Commercials are crappy but, I mute them no matter the provider.

top topics

join