It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Takes On Surprise Medical Bills, Holds Insurance Companies, Hospitals Accountable

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yes!

Trump is doing what the normal spineless politicians have never done. Trump is taking on the giant Pharmaceutical and Medical Billing machines.

Now this is how you win votes.... through results!

Well, at least win votes from those who care about real policies for regular people and don't by into one liners from people who don't do anything once they win an office.

www.cnbc.com...

Trump announced a new push Thursday for legislation designed to end surprise medical bills.

The announcement comes as the White House prods the health-care industry for greater transparency and lower prices.

Trump also said Thursday that he would support states that allow residents to import drugs from other countries as part of his continuing campaign to lower costs.

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

WINNING FOR AMERICANS!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Going to be honest here. I highly doubt this will actually happen.
But if it does then he has my vote 99%.

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

WINNING FOR AMERICANS!

Yep
He is even winning for the anti-American Libs but they are just too stupid to notice.

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

This is a follow up to the recent law that required healthcare providers to post pricing.

www.aarp.org...

Most hospitals have put a disclaimer on their websites that lets consumers know that the listed prices are not realistic and, for example, that the hospital chargemaster does not include physicians’ fees such as charges billed by a surgeon, anesthesiologist or a radiologist.

Federal officials say this requirement is just the first step. “We recognize that at this time, it doesn’t give patients all the information they need,” says Seema Verma, administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which issued the new regulation. “We are working through these challenges towards the goal of patients shopping based on out-of-pocket costs and quality so that they will have the information they need at the right time to make value decisions.”

This has already saved me over 700 bucks this year. I needed to have an ultrasound and the doctor sent me to his affiliate hospital. They wanted to charge me over 700 bucks + whatever insurance covered. I went to another local MRI place and it cost me 17 dollars after insurance.

Posted pricing and mandatory disclosure of what you have to pay is long overdue.

+23 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Aaaand leftists start defending insurance companies in 3. . . 2. . . .

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What imaging really cost. Note, this is full price before insurance. How many of you have been charged thousands for an MRI or CT scan in which you had to pay hundreds or thousands as your portion of the bill?

www.covenanthealth.com...

edit on 9-5-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If You Like Your Single-Payer Provider, You Can Keep Your Single-Payer Provider 😄

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The healthcare monopoly needs to be broken up. Too much price fixing. Always rise many time more than inflation. No competition. Too much overhead costs. Bad service.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is great. Should raise his approval ratings if the effect is felt soon.

The smart dems running for potus will now praise this and say it's part of their plan too.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Well, it's Trump's idea so I'm pretty sure they'd be against it.
This is all I hear this every time they spout off

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If You Like Your Single-Payer Provider, You Can Keep Your Single-Payer Provider 😄

You all do realize that Medicare and VA, etc. do not allow these ridiculous charges and those being covered are not asked to pay them either.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have seen the hospitals and doctors send people for tests that were not even related to a condition or were not even close to the location of the pain. After thousands of dollars of tests and procedures, they then would test or scan the area where the pain originated from and find something wrong. This drives up the cost of healthcare in America, it is good for the hospital but bad for the patient, because the patient has to wait way longer to get properly treated. It also is bad for the people who have insurance, their healthcare costs increase and so does their copayments and their deductible. We have a big problem, the Hospitals are looking to keep their money rolling in.

I have seen this happen many times over the years, with a great increase happening in the last ten years or so. Those with the best insurances or with good jobs have to go through hell a lot longer. They need to test for the most probable thing first, that is not happening these days, you get a tummy ache and go in and they schedule a colonoscopy when all you had was some bad food from somewhere.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well , Insurance Companies have a Right to Steal Our Money too ........

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Yes!

Trump is doing what the normal spineless politicians have never done. Trump is taking on the giant Pharmaceutical and Medical Billing machines.

Now this is how you win votes.... through results!

Well, at least win votes from those who care about real policies for regular people and don't by into one liners from people who don't do anything once they win an office.

www.cnbc.com...

Trump announced a new push Thursday for legislation designed to end surprise medical bills.

The announcement comes as the White House prods the health-care industry for greater transparency and lower prices.

Trump also said Thursday that he would support states that allow residents to import drugs from other countries as part of his continuing campaign to lower costs.

This is nothing new, they have been publishing prices before this bill.
I would be more onboard if Trump kicked the lobbyists out of DC.

My dream is to one day see all Corporate and Banking Lobbyists banned from Washington DC.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

This is a follow up to the recent law that required healthcare providers to post pricing.

www.aarp.org...

Most hospitals have put a disclaimer on their websites that lets consumers know that the listed prices are not realistic and, for example, that the hospital chargemaster does not include physicians’ fees such as charges billed by a surgeon, anesthesiologist or a radiologist.

Federal officials say this requirement is just the first step. “We recognize that at this time, it doesn’t give patients all the information they need,” says Seema Verma, administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which issued the new regulation. “We are working through these challenges towards the goal of patients shopping based on out-of-pocket costs and quality so that they will have the information they need at the right time to make value decisions.”

This has already saved me over 700 bucks this year. I needed to have an ultrasound and the doctor sent me to his affiliate hospital. They wanted to charge me over 700 bucks + whatever insurance covered. I went to another local MRI place and it cost me 17 dollars after insurance.

Posted pricing and mandatory disclosure of what you have to pay is long overdue.

A lot of Americans have been punished from globalism so I think it is only fair that the healthcare sector is also punished.
We should open up the gates to cheap medicine overseas where it can be sold in bulk.

We can also end all trade all together which will drive wages up for workers in this country.
Either way, the math does not work where we pay first world prices on declining globalist wages.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The healthcare monopoly needs to be broken up. Too much price fixing. Always rise many time more than inflation. No competition. Too much overhead costs. Bad service.

Welcome to the Republican party.

Better late than never.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Trump takes on surprise medical bills by standing there are telling legislators to write laws.

Just like how, when his administration caused a political ruckus for assisting in a lawsuit against government's own Affordable Care Act, pushing for the entire law to be declared unconstitutional, and then tells the American people that the Republican party will now be the party of health care, much to the Republican party's surprise and dismay!

LOL

Yeah sure, Trump is taking on surprise medical bills by telling Congress to write and pass laws!

HAR HAR

edit on 9-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Yeah, I remember that 'Healthcare for all Americans' talk on the campaign trail that Trump did to try to sway the other side to him. He didn't follow through on that whatsoever, so why would anyone believe him now. Especially now that we've just seen lie after lie from that dude.

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,”

"There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

Remember those promises? Just blabbing. Remember how he would never talk specifically about how he was going to do that?

Just keep them placated with vague promises. It's what con men do.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You are correct.

openmarketsinstitute.org...

When hospitals buy out their competitors, the effect is almost always higher prices and lower quality. According to a literature survey by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, “The magnitude of price increases when hospitals merge in concentrated markets is typically quite large, most exceeding 20 percent.” A widely discussed recent study by Yale economist Zach Cooper and others, has found that if you stay in a hospital that faces no competition, your bill will be $1,900 higher on average than if you stay in hospital facing four or more competitors. If hospital mergers are creating efficiency gains, it’s hard to find instances in which the savings are being shared with customers.

openmarketsinstitute.org...
edit on 9-5-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join