It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on the premise of new avengers movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The way I understand it they are planing on bringing back everyone killed by thanos use of infinity gauntlet five years earlier . My take on this if five years ago half of all living things in the universe went poor then that means the ones that were left behind had to figure how to survive and over course of several years and lots of errors probably stabilized food and resource production for how many people they had left. What happens if all of a sudden your population doubles in an instant how do you go from feeding 4 billion people on earth with current production to feeding 8 billion same for housing and other things .now remember it was just earth and it was not just people it was all life . It might be as bad as the snap with mass starvation and beings perishing from disruption to ecosystems be so severely taxed.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

The way I understand it they are planing on bringing back everyone killed by thanos use of infinity gauntlet five years earlier . My take on this if five years ago half of all living things in the universe went poor then that means the ones that were left behind had to figure how to survive and over course of several years and lots of errors probably stabilized food and resource production for how many people they had left. What happens if all of a sudden your population doubles in an instant how do you go from feeding 4 billion people on earth with current production to feeding 8 billion same for housing and other things .now remember it was just earth and it was not just people it was all life . It might be as bad as the snap with mass starvation and beings perishing from disruption to ecosystems be so severely taxed.

Funny movie, based on the premise that conservation of mass, energy, information, etc can all be violated and a deliberate paradox created lol. I guess that's why they call it fantasy :-)

Eta: pretty sure it was written by liberals, there was a lot of whining lol

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/7.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: Eta

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

yeah that is pretty much what happened,dobut they will focus on any of the actual logistics of trauma and loss aspect other then hawkie getting his family back . not all of the snap victims come back and it kind of leads to some kind of paralell reality or something kind of went over my head which but the movie is making billions so we will probally get at least another 10 or 12 of the movies

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's a comic book movie...

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It would depend on what if any time tampering they do. Understand, I have not yet seen Endgame. I only know that in the comics they do some kind of undo, so it likely is what happens in Endgame to some degree.

This video gives a rundown of time travel in fiction in various forms and how it tends to work. Given that one of the stones in the Infinity Gauntlet is the time stone and we're very familiar with the sorts of things that can be pulled off with it thanks to Dr. Strange, it wouldn't surprise me at all there is some kind of time tampering at work in the solution, but I don't know.

And since I really don't want to know before I see it this weekend, I'll drop this thread now.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am not referring to time travel they wanted to bring everyone who died during the snap back five years later . Five years after everyone left got. Used to producing enough stuff for the survivors of the snap .

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's a movie based on comic books that have heroes and villains wearing spandex fighting it out over whatever makes for a good story.
The math doesn't have to add up it just needs to be entertaining.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Again, I'm telling you that it depends on the uses of time. Remember, the Infinity Stones are sources of creation. It's a bit like God shattered the ephod stones and imbued them with the creative power He used to bring everything into being. With the gauntlet, nothing is impossible.

That's why what Thanos did was such a silly thing. Instead of randomly wiping out half of all living beings, he could just as easily snapped his fingers and created 50% more universe instead.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yes agree most of the strong heroes in the previous films have mental break downs and mini crying fits, with the exception of Paul Rudd not sure why. maybe I missed it but what about Antman's kid? Was that ever brought up?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In the comics mistresses death wanted 50% wiped out and Thanos was brought back to do the task, but he needed the stones and the gauntlet to do it. So there is where that 50% gone comes from.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The only thing I took away from the movie by the end was "white people step down from your leadership positions and yield the world to the new ethnic power structure" propoganda. The writers must have thought it was subtle, but it was not.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

There is twice the livestock available once they return, and twice the produce (potentialy growing in the same fields/orchards etc). As well as twice the wild game, seafood, etc.
It's a wash. No change.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
*****MAJOR SPOILERS******

OK, having seen it just earlier today, I was right if not in the way I supposed. The solution did depend on time, and it created a paradox.

Theoretically, the SNAP never happened which is why there is a paradox.

So the original timeline is that Thanos gathers all the stones into his gauntlet and does the SNAP. This wipes out half of every living thing everywhere in the universe, and Thanos then uses the stones to destroy themselves before the Avengers can recoup and try to set things right.

Five years after that, Scott Lang gets out of the quantum realm with the idea that they might be able to travel through it to a point in earlier in time to gather the stones and restore everything. This is what they've been missing. And it takes an inspiration from Tony Stark to make it work.

Now they can time travel which they do.

Because of this they gather the stones before Thanos was looking and Thanos from *that* point in time finds out and comes to get them, and it it's *THAT* Thanos and his army that Tony dusts in the end.

But if Thanos from before he could gather the stones and destroy everthing is destroyed, then the SNAP could never happen in the first place. But it did because that's why they did what they did. Paradox. With Thanos's death at that point, no one should be dead, not even Natasha, because none of the impetus for any of it should ever have happened ...

Not only that, but how many things, through how many of the previous movies, only happen as a result of Thanos's stone gathering activities?
edit on 11-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
dbl post

link   
dbl post

top topics

join