It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is required to have a Twitter Embed feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey Owners, Admins and IT staff, my question is what would it take to add an embed capability for twitter content?? Is something of that nature physically possible?? Can it be coded, does it require new server hardware?? If it is possible, what would such an endeavor cost?? I would be glad to donate in a fundraiser that would seek such a goal.

It is no secret that much of today's news is found on twitter first, because the individual people who are near scenes when it breaks are the first to show the world. Then the news media seeks permission from them to either purchase the rights to use, or are granted free use rights. I see it everyday in posts. It is easier for some of us private citizens because we just ant to document history and most of us are not seeking financial compensation or monetization.

Sometimes I find an exclusive video on twitter that is not yet on youtube. In such scenarios, it takes me about 2 minutes per video to rip it from twitter with various free websites, save it, then re-upload onto youtube so that I can embed it here. As usual, I always cite the original sources both on youtube and here at ATS. I am not familiar with video editing software though, and it can become cumbersome to go through a two minute process on average for video clips that are typically under that same two minutes in length.

Various other media outlets now embed twitter posts (including media) into their news articles, and I have begun to see the trend grow to some other discussion boards. So I figured I would ask and see if this is something that could be of benefit to the community and what kind of capital/resources would be required to undertake such an endeavor.

Does anyone else see any interest in features like this??

As an example, I saw the shootout along the Simon Bolivar border crossing on twitter both before FOXNews reported on it and before it showed up on youtube. But I have to also spend some time using different key words and translations to see if the video already is on youtube.

I have found a few times in the past couple of years that I beat both the News Media and Youtube to a breaking event right here on ATS because I found it reported from the scene on twitter first. I just thought an embed feature could further empower our community as a first destination for breaking alternative news.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Extremely little is required. But it won't be implemented I'm afraid. We be coastin I think

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero
What is the little required then? I am not familiar with coding or internet infrastructure.

new topics

join