It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy - No release of UFO information to the general public expected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Joe Gradisher, a spokesman for the office of the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare, said in a statement that the Navy expects to keep the information it gathers private for a number of reasons.

“Military aviation safety organizations always retain reporting of hazards to aviation as privileged information in order to preserve the free and honest prioritization and discussion of safety among aircrew,” Gradisher said. “Furthermore, any report generated as a result of these investigations will, by necessity, include classified information on military operations.”

He added, “Therefore, no release of information to the general public is expected.”

Navy: No release of UFO information to the general public expected

The Navy’s recent announcement that it will start tracking and gathering information about UAP sightings sounded too good to be true. Now we find out that the program is not going to be very transparent. There is hope that we may get some filtered information though.

Even though the Navy indicated it has no plans in the imminent future to release the data, unclassified portions of the information or broad overviews of the findings could come out, according to Luis Elizondo, an intelligence officer who ran AATIP before leaving the Pentagon.

It is understandable that the military needs to keep some things secret. It sucks that UFO's are one of those things, I would think, that need to be kept secret

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I would never have expected transparency from agencies that have spent way to many years obstructing and blatantly lying to all of a sudden turn over a new leaf.

I would be interested on which agency makes the final determination on what can and cannot be released and their reasons.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't expect them to release any information until they know the source. If it is Russia or China, why would you want them to know that you can see their technology?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Equinox99

I wouldn't expect them to release any information until they know the source. If it is Russia or China, why would you want them to know that you can see their technology?

I doubt they will release anything much even when they know the source. They may know the source now

I agree secrets need to be kept, but the US Gov. has already let Russia or China know we can see them by releasing the 3 Navy videos of the UAP's.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well.. Joe Gradisher have no right to keep that information secret.
It serve no military reason to do so, and he and the rest of the NAVY get payed by the ones that he want to hide information from while using tech that is payed with taxes from you and me.
This should all be public information

join