It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrison ford attends trudeaus nature summit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Harrison ford landing his private jet in Canada and then asking for the shell station.

The you tube clip is the audio from his landing but with stock video footage of him flying a different plane.

I'm very realistic about conserving energy and the effects of pollution on our environment but I have major issues with people saying do as I say not as I do.
If I recall correctly he gave an interview where he flew to get his favorite hamburger.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What does Harrison expect he contribute here?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Raising awareness I guess...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: InTheLight

Raising awareness I guess...

I suppose, but where? The U.S.A.?

globalnews.ca...
edit on 14CDT08America/Chicago01980830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Awareness. If we were we would have a fit....www.faa.gov...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Flying commercial is actually very fuel efficient.

Private jets...not so much

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It looks like celebs like Harrison are being touted as hypocrites with Harrison getting a 10 out of 10.

www.selectcarleasing.co.uk...
edit on 14CDT09America/Chicago00590930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
....You don't say. football field hole in the atmosphere verses a VW size hole in the atmosphere. Who causes the most damage by volume...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Planes burn less fuel moving people than cars.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Ford is one of the chairmen of Conservation International and has done an advertisement for the environmentalist group Team Earth. In commenting on his seven planes, Ford told CNSNews.com: “I only fly one of them at a time--and general aviation, although it does, use of carbon fuels does contribute to greenhouse gas emissions.” Ford continued, “The contribution of general aviation to greenhouse gas emissions is less than 2 percent -- and all of aviation, less than 2 percent of greenhouse gas emissions. And private, or general aviation, is even less than that. So, it is significant.” “I do contribute, rather than buying carbon credits, I contribute directly to conservation programs that help keep standing forests,” said Ford.

Okay, now let's hug those trees in the standing forests. I suppose we can consider Harrison's work as offsetting some of his private jet's carbon footprint, right? How will we measure this?

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
the shortage of oil is a scam. there is so much of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
the shortage of oil is a scam. there is so much of it.

I believe it.

www.bettermeetsreality.com...
edit on 14CDT11America/Chicago023111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

At least all the idiots are going to one place :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The problem is that they always come back

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hey, I like Harry, lay off of him. If he wants to fly his Jet around, he can do it. Everyone else probably flew in for the event.

Most of the people backing the climate change agenda are the biggest offenders of all.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Ford is one of the chairmen of Conservation International and has done an advertisement for the environmentalist group Team Earth. In commenting on his seven planes, Ford told CNSNews.com: “I only fly one of them at a time--and general aviation, although it does, use of carbon fuels does contribute to greenhouse gas emissions.” Ford continued, “The contribution of general aviation to greenhouse gas emissions is less than 2 percent -- and all of aviation, less than 2 percent of greenhouse gas emissions. And private, or general aviation, is even less than that. So, it is significant.” “I do contribute, rather than buying carbon credits, I contribute directly to conservation programs that help keep standing forests,” said Ford.

Okay, now let's hug those trees in the standing forests. I suppose we can consider Harrison's work as offsetting some of his private jet's carbon footprint, right? How will we measure this?

www.cnsnews.com...

Hey, I hugged a tree onetime and it called me a pervert. I was just trying to get a tape around it to see how many boards I could get from it, and it got an attitude.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.cnsnews.com...

Hey, I hugged a tree onetime and it called me a pervert. I was just trying to get a tape around it to see how many boards I could get from it, and it got an attitude.

At the very least you could have collected it's seeds to bring forth a new generation.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Awareness. If we were we would have a fit....www.faa.gov...

And still mankind has so far contributed to the entire atmosphere ~0.00034% atmospheric CO2... The horror!!!!

edit on 3-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
....You don't say. football field hole in the atmosphere verses a VW size hole in the atmosphere. Who causes the most damage by volume...
www.youtube.com...

Yet did you know that there are "natural" causes for the loss of the ozone layer and the cause of the ozone hole?...

A Violent Sun Affects the Earth's Ozone

And as a matter of fact the sun had been most active for perhaps 100 years + than for the past 8,000 years.

The Sun Is More Active Now Than Over The Last 8000 Years

But hey...it's all mankind's fault right?...

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Why is this thread on ATS?
Half the comments are whinging.
I imagined wookies moaning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join