It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeopardy! winner James Holzhauer makes history on TV game show by earning more than $1M

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK Jeopardy fans, or any game show fans, have you been watching the latest super genius make us mortals look like idiots?

He, in the last few weeks has gone over 1.200,000 dollars - And in the process broken several all time records for most money won on one show
- Several times going over $100,000!!!

This show has been on for 35 years.

Now I don't want to be a spoil sport, but while this super win streak has been gong on - One of the major online news services has been
broadcasting a short story about Charles Van Doren - famous for winning over the equivalent of over one million way back in the 1950s
or 60s on the game show '21' - And also famous for coming under congressional scrutiny because the show was rigged - He had the answers
ahead of time.

And as I watch James Holzhauer give answer after answer, in what appears to be effortless ability to have all the data in the World
at the front of his mind - I WONDER ??? - Is it possible?, can his brain really maintain that much more than us mere mortals?
- And have all the data so easily accessible?

Have you been watching the show? - What do you think

Jeopardy contestant James Holzhauer's is closing in on record winnings

edit on 26-4-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
we watch the show quite often. He is good at this, he has learned how to gamble, that gives him an edge, when nervous, the memory does not work as well.

How would you like it if you were finally accepted to Jeopardy and he was against you. What a drag it must be for those other contestants, knowing their chances of winning are slim. That alone can make it so the other contestants cannot win, their confidence gets busted. That would be my luck, I think I would decline to go and play if called to go, but then again, neither the wife or I would even want to go flying out there and be stuck in the big crappy city no matter what we could win. We would rather go on Wheel of Fortune. They travel around and even second or third place can win more than those on Jeopardy.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I undersgtand all that - And yes there have been some exceptional players on the show - comprehensive and fast minds
- photographic type memory.

But Holzhauer is making even them seem dull by comparison.

And what bothers me is I can't fully sense his 'brain at work', the wheels turning so to speak
- that is why I'm just a little bit skeptical.

But what do I know? - Anomalies are what makes life interesting.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

This guy is incredible.

His knowledge base is wider than the road to hell..

And he bets big on the doubles.. I respect that..
The man is a machine..

/salute James

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I said the same thing to my mom..

Could you imagine you dream of being on jeopardy..

Actually get on jeopardy..

And then have to face this monster..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Agreed: this could be me:

Or honestly: probably more like this:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

The movie ''Quiz Show'' was the true story of that game show where Van Doren won so much. The movie was very well done and should be a ''must'' see for all to grasp the the degree to which corporate TV will stoop to snare viewers.

B

top topics

join