It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation is Not A Threat to Democracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: rickymouse
When enough people believe a lie, the lie becomes reality. Disinformation is a threat to society, not just Democracy.

Such a thing can only occur if the truth is censored. Censorship is a threat to democracy and society.

For thousands of years people have been conditioned to believe what those who control the masses want them to believe. These people use many historical ways to stir false beliefs and fear into people so they can control them. They try to control the food and the needs of the people, trying to get them hooked on having things they want instead of being satisfied with what they need. They create dependence in the societies using many techniques to accomplish this.

Most people cannot see the truth, they see what they have been conditioned to believe is the truth. They are conditioned to believe that believing a lie is beneficial. It starts when we are young, Santa brings us presents. Even the trees that Santa leaves the presents under these days are not real, and if the tree is real, it has been killed so it is no longer a living tree, just a lie. Santa brings kids what they want a lot, not what they need. People are so conditioned they cannot see that they are spreading deceit.

Most people can't even recognize the truth anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Sounds pretty natural to me. Though I could never know from your unique vantage point I can at least imagine it.

The emotions are fickle. But often they are trying to communicate something.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That’s one of the greatest problems of our time: we’ve lost the sanctity of Truth. We will lose it even more if we never get to see it collide with falsity, like Milton said. In a democracy there cannot be a state-sanctioned truth or it is no longer a democracy.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When enough people believe a lie, the lie becomes reality. Disinformation is a threat to society, not just Democracy.

The cake is a lie...

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is why I thank my lucky stars that America is a REPUBLIC governed by the rule of law. Not a democracy governed by the whim of the feelings of the day! That is why America is so awesome! It is ruled by the Constitution and Bill of Rights which is the LAW OF THE LAND in this REPUBLIC! But, in order to keep this Republic, the Tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots AND tyrants!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
a reply to: rickymouse

That’s one of the greatest problems of our time: we’ve lost the sanctity of Truth. We will lose it even more if we never get to see it collide with falsity, like Milton said. In a democracy there cannot be a state-sanctioned truth or it is no longer a democracy.

So, in America we do not live in a democracy anymore, in fact, maybe we never did.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Only when the majority a bunch of idiots it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: j0seph7
This is why I thank my lucky stars that America is a REPUBLIC governed by the rule of law. Not a democracy governed by the whim of the feelings of the day! That is why America is so awesome! It is ruled by the Constitution and Bill of Rights which is the LAW OF THE LAND in this REPUBLIC! But, in order to keep this Republic, the Tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots AND tyrants!

That might be one of the strange things about it. American politicians and pundits should be saying "a threat to our republic", and not "a threat to our democracy".

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

What people call "democracy" is a threat against democracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join