It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Of Parking Next To A Tesla...Especially If You Drive An Audi!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
Statistics show that ICE cars burn more frequently than electric cars.
www.usfa.fema.gov...

Each year, from 2014 to 2016, an estimated 171,500 highway vehicle fires occurred in the United States, resulting in an annual average of 345 deaths; 1,300 injuries; and $1.1 billion in property loss.1 These highway vehicle fires accounted for 13 percent of fires responded to by fire departments across the nation.2 The term “highway vehicle fires” includes fires in passenger road vehicles (e.g., cars, motorcycles and off-road recreational vehicles), freight road transport vehicles (e.g., dump trucks, fire apparatus and tank trucks), and agricultural and construction vehicles.

It is to the point that 23% of all highway vehicle fires result in inconclusive reasons as to why the fire took place.

furthermore

Table 4 shows categories of the factors contributing to the ignition of highway vehicle fires. Mechanical failure or malfunction was the leading contributing factor of highway vehicle fires (45 percent).

Mechanical problems leading to ignition of a highway vehicle precludes electrical problems causing fires. This means that an EV statistically is less likely to burn than an ICE.

while 21% of vehicle fires are due to electrical failures. That is for ICE vehicles. So inherently this means that the mechanical failure mode is vastly reduced in EV vehicles.

Now if you want to get into what probably caused this fire. It is likely a 3rd party charger was used, or a bypass of the circuit regulation occurred. Here is a video of that occurring.

www.youtube.com...

Since this took place in China, I think that (this means unsourced and I could very well be wrong) the third party or modification to the car is more likely to be the case.
edit on 22-4-2019 by dubiousatworst because: possilbe reason

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Tesla batteries explode during charging or if something shorts in the car over draining the battery.
This is why most Tesla's burn while parked.

The tree hugger lobbyist groups want all cars to be electric but do not have a idea how dangerous they can be and one day there will be a fire with a large loss of life because of a electric car.

Remember the New green movement wants electric semi trucks with battery packs 50 times the size of electric car batteries.

for everyone's information all it takes is ONE bullet hitting one of these large battery packs to get them to explode.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

I was talking about the chance of a car randomly exploding, those statistics are obviously more relevant to car crashes on highways. I don't doubt an internal combustion engine vehicle would be more likely to explode in a crash.

<< 1   >>

join