It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is one cheater worse than another?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why would target and meijer get a pass for having fewer employees?
Those smaller companies add up too.

It just feels like its selective outrage because they are the biggest.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Its got to do with the way the Groupthink Cortex operates when the Hypocrisy Gland gets all uppity. Peoples brains marching them around like flesh coated automatons.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm not going to argue our society having a selective outrage problem... We most certainly do, many issues picked are asinine.

But clearly our government and society are also incompetent of addressing things as they arise... So my confusion or lack there of (in rare cases) where we're looking for the biggest instances makes sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

America has the best system of justice that money can buy.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, I think we should be lobbying for hiring a whole lot more IRS agents, like millions of them!

In fact, I think there should be an IRS 'handler' for every 3 people who trade in US dollars.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm far more apt to give waitstaff a pass on tax fudging because they're trying to get the bills paid, not gearing up to get the next private jet du jour, yacht, summer spread, etc.

There's a HUGE difference between enabling the luxury excesses of the haves, and enabling the electricity to stay on for the have-nots.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

What about the other examples I brought up?
Everyone is fixated on the rich vs poor tax subject.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The ends justify the means. Some of those people push the things we want pushed, so we find excuses for them. Some of them are supposed to be the little guy victims, so we make excuses for them.

Too many people long ago stopped playing by the rules and started playing by their hearts all the time. Compassion is fine right up until it rules your logic entirely.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What about the other examples I brought up?
Everyone is fixated on the rich vs poor tax subject.

The other ones from your OP, I assume?

The child support one is a dumpster fire topic well worth debating in it's own thread. As far as CS numbers fudgers go, we've got firsthand experience with it -- my husband's ex fudged her numbers to make it look like she earned less than him in court documents in effort to up her monthly play money check (she made MUCH more than him, and I'm liable to get into an Abolish Child Support rant if you push me on it) It bit her in the ass, she narrowly avoided jail and spent 2 years sending HIM repayment checks. It was fecking awesome to see someone get law-spanked into red-cheeked oblivion for a change for grossly abusing the right to CS, but it doesn't happen often enough. She only got caught because she messed up a couple numbers filing a request for an increase in CS, and the court's eyebrow went up & wanted a much closer look at her finances.
Most people float on through and the government is none the wiser about anyone withholding earnings info. This is based most often in greed and not necessity. It's not excusable.

The athletes you mentioned are celebs because they already were celebs. Not sure where you're going with that one. Moreover, between celeb and politician behavior, it's a big stretch of time between your examples given being relevant & at their peak versus today's date, and what the boomers found acceptable sleights of hand in sports & politics back in there day aren't acceptable anymore today. Because times, standards and expectations change.

If all that's not what you were meaning for me to address, you might want to be a little more specific.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

IN fairness, Perry was given a pass because he had to go through life with the name "Gaylord" and still managed to be successful.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Where issues of divorce are concerned, not just child support going either way, things are prone to getting vindictive and nasty and intensely personal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join