It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan Savages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Meh.. as if the handful of extreme activist vegans equate to the numerous claims of animal cruelty around the planet...

Vegans are maybe 1% of the population with extreme activists being .01% of that or less.

It's bewildering that people rather trash vegans, than critize the multi-billion dollar meat industries.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I don't care what anybody eats. Just don't tell me what to eat.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: blueman12

I don't care what anybody eats. Just don't tell me what to eat.

Honestly, most vegans i know become vegans because of cruel factory farming practices and not because of regular farming with ethics, or hunting.

Only a small portion are activists annoy small farmers/hunters.

The only thing i criticize are cruel farming practices. And even then, im not telling people what to do. Most people know that telling ppl what to do wont solve anything.

edit on 19-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The problem with meat industry... Is that they intentionally lure people who want to beat some thing to death with a hammer, so it is better for society that they work there. This is not true for everyone, but its a real "thing".

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Using this double post to clarify that by luring i mean those job fairs for students for example.
edit on 20-4-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
lol

idiots love premade identities.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

1994 called. will you answer?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

You are right, I only read and responded to the passage you quoted in the thread, but I just went and read the full article.

I wouldn't argue against a lot of what Kevin Stock writes in regard to the impact of the agricultural revolution.

I did not say the tribes ate only acorns but that they were a food staple. Since they were hunter-gathers (ie, non-participants in the agricultural revolution), it debunks the claim that plant food would have been a "miniscule" part of the diet, at least for all of humanity, as the article seems to suggest.

I agree that the plant species have evolved remarkable deterrents to predators, and in a sense, they don't "want" to be eaten. I don't want to eaten either but if the plants could, they'd do it in a heartbeat, as it were.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I agree that the plant species have evolved remarkable deterrents to predators, and in a sense, they don't "want" to be eaten. I don't want to eaten either but if the plants could, they'd do it in a heartbeat, as it were.

Yep. And as such we have humans greatest fear: being composted into fertilizer (eaten by plants). So we've come up with remarkable methods to prevent that from happening (going back at least as far as the Egyptians). Today the urge not to be eaten by plants is yet off the charts primal subconscious urge material, which these vicious vegans act out in their ritualistic mass slaughtering of poor, poor defenseless vegetables. Others, such a despicable rednecks, even make it their profession to go around into properties and brush hog or even bring in heavy machinery to enact small localized scale apocalypse scenarios on unsuspecting plant refuges. In general, across our species, theres this general jingoism against plants, such as using dehumanizing terms against them like the extremely racist term "weeds". And so many otherwise decent folks have made it their lifes business to perpetrate a sort of Your Own Personal Genocide against plants just trying to exist out there in the world.

Fellow homo sapiens, we've got issues!
edit on 20-4-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

Shouldn't this be in the jokes/puns/pranks forum?

Well I posted it in Food, but they moved it to Rants.

Anyways this piece was one of what I call "Madlib Journalism", and here goes the original:
www.plantbasednews.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join