It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane executive in China wants 12 hours a day, 6 days a week work culture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This may go over well with some in today's dog eat dog materialistic world of greed.

Hong Kong (CNN Business)One of China's richest men has been criticized for endorsing the controversial culture of 12-hour workdays in the country's red-hot tech industry, saying employees who worked longer hours will get the "rewards of hard work."

No problem if it's voluntary but to be forced to work like that can be described by one word: SLAVERY

I truly feel for some in China since no doubt over there they probably do work people like slaves.

www.cnn.com...

Jack Ma, founder of e-commerce giant Alibaba (BABA), has spoken out on social media in recent days in support of the Chinese work practice known as "996." The number refers to working from 9 am to 9 pm six days a week and is said to be common among the country's big technology companies and start-ups.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Spent years working that schedule in landscaping.

Forget that lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

many have to do the same in this country, only spread over several jobs, just to make ends meet.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I’ve worked those hours in IT infrastructure work… but maybe for two weeks or so and it was always voluntary. But imagine working on an assembly line in China on a rough monotonous job and being forced to do it. Terrible idea.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It’s about time they got busy.

They haven’t done anything original since the wall.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There's some positions where I work in which you only get one Sunday off per month... I'm so glad I'm not in one of those positions. I have had to work 16 hour days before though, and one 20 hour shift.

It's impossible to maintain life outside of work when those kind of hours are mandatory. Good luck, China.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

And I want 10B shekels and a pink elephant.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Bugman be buggin.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well fatigue, depression, anxiety amongst other health ill effects will be the norm.

Worked for Japan in the 60/70's to make them a powerhouse.

Still working in the US where long hours minimal pay to keep up with cheap imports,

And those cheap imports and expensive imports come from joint Asian/US companies.

So look to who benefits - always the top 5%

But give em more tax breaks LOL

Feed the sheep the same ol line " they create jobs blah blah "

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Funny, I looked up money in China when I read your referral to shekels and they have something called---Renminbi…Strange

Working that long is a lot of renminbis

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The guy said something along the along the lines if you want a better life thats what you need to do. No children or spouse just better life????????????????????????/

No women needed. I bet he has a dozen women in a dozen houses.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"rewards of hard work"
aka, anxiety disorders, loneliness, isolation, high suicide rates, etc.

Japanese don't even have that rigid of a schedule (and they are one of the most insane work centric cultures on earth) and their suicide rate and birthrate decline is throw the roof.

Get that dude to work the schedule he recommends on some assembly line and see if he feels the same after a month.

This jackass will be the first to fire a 90 hour workweek employee the milisecond they can automate the position.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That is kind of the theory of salary work where you can work XX more hours per week for the same pay check. Kind of a scam and one I fight against all the time being in management.

In Japan they use to work one day a week free for the company too to show their loyalty...To bad that loyalty is just one way.
edit on 15-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Absolutely. I’m a GM auto plant survivor. Often we worked overtime a few minutes but sometimes people worked hours overtime but it was voluntary.

I couldn’t imagine doing 12 a day on a job like that. But in China and Japan, they do that...try to work you to death. In Japan has a word for it--Karoshi

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm working that schedule on a temporary basis right now and it's exhausting.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A lot of times in the skilled trades you get the chance of 7-12s for 2 weeks... Shut downs. Normally over holidays. Back in the day i would take them. Not any more.

I did work 6-10s for about 2 1/2 years, 1 1/2 hour from home, because i liked the job. made good money...never again... 40 hours for me... the project i am on will have some OT and I am ok with that....

But no longer searching for the OT......

8 hour days is where its at. start at 6, done at 2 ... 1000 bucks a week

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

No problem if it's voluntary but to be forced to work like that can be described by one word: SLAVERY

Slackers. Try working on an aircraft carrier as an E-3.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: SaturnFX

Absolutely. I’m a GM auto plant survivor. Often we worked overtime a few minutes but sometimes people worked hours overtime but it was voluntary.

I couldn’t imagine doing 12 a day on a job like that. But in China and Japan, they do that...try to work you to death. In Japan has a word for it--Karoshi

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, it is true about Koroshi (かろし)and it still exist today here. The problem is it is only getting worse due to the decrease in population. Govt. workers do have it made (most of the anyway) they have the weekend off.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The guy said something along the along the lines if you want a better life thats what you need to do. No children or spouse just better life????????????????????????/

No women needed. I bet he has a dozen women in a dozen houses.

It's China. They've had decades on the one child policy coupled with a strong cultural preference for male children which more or less means a society with a totally skewed sex ratio. He may have completely meant what he said because most men won't ever have a spouse because they just aren't enough women for the men.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I'm a director and work longer hours than that.

Get back to me when it's 7 days a week.

pfft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join