It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department expert: Police shooting of dogs has become an epidemic.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Face the fact that those dogs make things unbearable for a large percentage of people.

Might as well have a human yelling in your ear, it can drive ANYONE to madness.

So we should shoot noisy people now?

"Hurr I am annoyed with this!!! *bang bang* Ahhh silence at last."

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I'm not interested in your emotional opininons of dogs or owners.

but keep to replying to posts about their opinions of irresponsible dogs owners that play a part in this.

You can just lay blame on Cops, but that posters first post about how many idiots you have owning dogs is a good point.

If dog owner's were more educated about their own dogs, how to train them and what not the fear of dog attacks wouldn't be as high,

what would that maybe decrease, idiot cops shooting dogs.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

If you shoot a police dog, you get charged with murdering a police officer. So it's only fair that cops be held to that standard if they want to treat dogs the same as humans.

The logic of this makes no sense,

who shoots police dogs?

Are they the same people who would shoot a cop or anyone that gets in their way once they start shooting?

Obviously some dogs are aggressive due to poor treatment. If a rabid dog attacks an officer OK shoot it, but if we're treating dogs as humans now, then there needs to be a thorough investigation each time one is killed.

I fully agree

however the top quote just makes no sense.

A police dog to be charging at someone would be at its handlers request, It would usually be towards a suspect and most times a suspect on the run.

Most people who have nothing to hide and are innocent wouldn't pull out a gun and shoot a police dog, wouldn't run off after being stopped to be chased by a police dog.

I really agree with your second point and now that everything is filmed it should be investigated , every police shooting of a dog and I agree the penalties for cops shooting a family pet should be much heavier than getting few paid days/weeks of work

But then comes the question who is going investigate in an unbiased manner, do you take investigators off other cases?

In no way am I trying to defend the police force or the shooting they do of dogs,

Just trying to point out the complexities involved

I have the insane idea that if a similar thing happened to me I would have to be put down as well due to the possibilities of me becoming rabid if such a thing occurred as my dog means more to me than anything.

I would loose my mind if it was shot by a cop, lucky here in Australia its not as bad as it in the states.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Not going to post anymore, this subject is too personal, and many dog owners are absolute fools and should not own a dog.

It seems minds become stuck on certain things and cannot think why innocent pets that just come to see who's on their property get shot.

Don't want address any possible causes for the brutality cops have shown towards dogs in the last few decades.

Just point fingers and scream cowards.

Most time in the past I would agree but once you look at how often there are interactions between cops and owners of dogs that have no social skills, how often police share stories between themselves whether they be true or embellished stories about dogs protecting their property or owner its no wonder they become fearful and believe they are protecting their own lives when a dog waging its tail runs up to them.

The issue is very complex and has many factors involved

sorry some are just emotionally blinded to see this, most times I hear of a dog being shot I am as well,

have been many times a few years ago when there were threads every week about police shootings of family pets,

Someone mentioned this expert said this a few years ago, it was a few years ago like i said that every week there was a thread on ATS weekly.

If you can not let emotion get in the way because you are dog lover and could not imagine anything other than what you have told by an article or by a YouTube video that gives one side and not try and understand the complexities of why this is happening or was happening so often then there is nothing to discuss as all it will do is create anger and argument based on narrow minded views.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Bull#. Cops in other countries that don't carry guns deal with just as many dog owners everyday without issue or dead dogs.

Why is it our cops can't do the same? We don't have any different dogs here than they do in these places.

Why are you defending this? We have factual evidence that this rampant pet slaughter isn't necessary as it's pretty much nonexistant most other places. The only thing different between here and over seas is the cops so clearly the cops are the issue.

The biggest joke is if someone where to kill a cop dog they'd be tried and convicted for killing an officer, but they kill our dogs it was just property.
edit on 4/9/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Bull#. Cops in other countries that don't carry guns deal with just as many dog owners everyday without issue or dead dogs.

The thread and the issue is cops shooting dogs in the US

so how are dogs going to be shot by cops with no guns in other countries and what comparisons are you trying to make?

Why is it our cops can't do the same? We don't have any different dogs here than they do in these places.

Isn't it obvious seeing as you said in other countries where cops don't carry guns dogs don't get shot.

Its quite simple isn't it

No guns, no dogs shot.

Why are you defending this?

maybe try reading what I said

here let me quote my exact words

In no way am I trying to defend the police force or the shooting they do of dogs, Just trying to point out the complexities involved.

We have factual evidence that this rampant pet slaughter isn't necessary as it's pretty much nonexistant most other places.

and there is too much evidence and explanations of why it happens so often in the US and is ignored.

The issues don't wont to be looked at and thought about, just posters want to scream cowards.

Numerous threads about many issues we face as humans are threads where posters can just release their hate for Muslims or cops that shoot dogs or Democrats or Republicans, Trump, Hillary or Obama, etc etc.

Too many posts in this thread give me the impression its just one of those threads.

The only thing different between here and over seas is the cops so clearly the cops are the issue.

Its one of the main points of focus but the whole issue has many factors.

Population size, ratio of dogs to homes that are raided or attended by police on police business play a big role.

The amount of swat raids done in the US as pointed out in this thread are phenomenal.

The biggest joke is if someone where to kill a cop dog they'd be tried and convicted for killing an officer, but they kill our dogs it was just property.

Someone?

So any old innocent citizen just one day will buy a gun to shoot a police dog for no apparent reason or are police dogs shots in the line of duty by persons who would shot anyone who got in their way?

Why do cops go to a persons property which could lead to a pet being shot?

Too many questions can be asked, most don't want to and just point at cops.

Like i said persons like yourself don't want to look at the complexities involved and point your finger at one part, given its big part but still just one part of the problem.

Politicians do this, its a great way to divide and not resolve anything but gain followers and people to pat you on the back because you share the simplistic views of complex issues.

One poster makes mention in this thread about dog owners on the 1st page and is basically attacked and told to start another thread because this just about cops shooting dogs,

That is idiotic if you really care about the issue, I am a hypocrite and have done the same numerous times as I have said, allowed emotion to take over and be blinded to other things which play a part.

But not being able to change your perspective to try and gain knowledge of the bigger picture at play and doing the same crap and just screaming the same thing over and over wont solve anything.

edit on 9-4-2019 by InhaleExhale because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join