It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google hiding issues surrounding police shootings - hiding things that support the police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I was doing research on a few people who had been shot by the police, all of them were black and there was controversy around the shootings. I was trying to find the height and weight of the 12yr old who had the "toy gun" and I looked through about the first 40 results of google searching his name and "height and weight" among a number of other searches. Not one hit.

I went to Bing and did a search and what do you know, very first result, the Cleveland newspaper, reports the story in full. Now the thing is that one could claim that google didn't archive that article, but it did and it was in the search results, but it didn't highlight the results - it was specifically HIDING those results for Rice (person shot).

There were many results on Bing that listed the search criteria, so is it that Google just can't do the job, or are they actively supporting their agenda.
edit on 4 4 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

What is google's agenda?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What is google's agenda?
Same thing they do every night..... try to take over the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Leaked videos show to Google execs supporting liberals and being anti-Conservative. Employees who dare speak out get fired. Google as far as I know has not admitted the search results are skewed, but they admit their execs have a liberal bias. Google does admit to making editorial decisions regarding news stories (meaning they choose what we see).

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Google is biased. I stopped using them altogether. Try Bing, or pretty much anything else, and get more diverse results on just about everything.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I know google has some bias to them but one must learn the algorithm and you can get news from all sides.
Did you try typing in his name and clicking the news part?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
With Google being left leaning it would be more likely for them to push the anti-police narrative than to hide it as it doesn't play into the progressives' BS narrative of innocent blacks being victims to oppressive white cops.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Google is biased. I stopped using them altogether. Try Bing, or pretty much anything else, and get more diverse results on just about everything.

I don’t mean to be that guy but Yahoo is just as if not more biased than google. Guess who powers Yahoo search?
Bing does!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I was doing research on a few people who had been shot by the police, all of them were black and there was controversy around the shootings. I was trying to find the height and weight of the 12yr old who had the "toy gun" and I looked through about the first 40 results of google searching his name and "height and weight" among a number of other searches. Not one hit.

I went to Bing and did a search and what do you know, very first result, the Cleveland newspaper, reports the story in full. Now the thing is that one could claim that google didn't archive that article, but it did and it was in the search results, but it didn't highlight the results - it was specifically HIDING those results for Rice (person shot).

There were many results on Bing that listed the search criteria, so is it that Google just can't do the job, or are they actively supporting their agenda.

In Edmonton Canada the Police murder people all the time....white...brown..black….red....yellow....they don't give a dam what color you are....Murder Inc. has moved North......Murder by Cop is HUGE IN ALBERTA CANADA especially DEADMONTON....the abuse forced upon people especially young males is out of this world....the killings are blatant and are covered up by a STRAWMAN OVERSIGHT GROUP, a group called ALERT.....this group stops anything from ever going to court...whenever the Police are guilty they step in and cover everything up...EVERY TIME....they are Murder Inc.s right-hand.....the MSM in Canada is a FAKE as anywhere else......this Global Cabal bastardisation of North America Society must be stopped in the USA and in Canada AT THE SAME TIME.
edit on 4-4-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
With Google being left leaning it would be more likely for them to push the anti-police narrative than to hide it as it doesn't play into the progressives' BS narrative of innocent blacks being victims to oppressive white cops.

That is what they were doing. I didn't know if you were agreeing with me or just mis-read the posting.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: Anathros

That is what they were doing. I didn't know if you were agreeing with me or just mis-read the posting.

I apologize for that. You were correct in assuming I misunderstood the post. I read it in haste due to some issues I was having when I was on my mobile. I came away having interpreted your post bass-ackwards. Thanks for cluing me in.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Leaked videos show to Google execs supporting liberals and being anti-Conservative. Employees who dare speak out get fired. Google as far as I know has not admitted the search results are skewed, but they admit their execs have a liberal bias. Google does admit to making editorial decisions regarding news stories (meaning they choose what we see).

Can you give me an example or link?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It isn't just Google. We just had the trial for the Antoine Rose shooting. All over the news was the picture of him when he was 12 or 13. You couldn't find the pictures of him on Facebook posing with a gun. You couldn't find it on Facebook either.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

What is google's agenda?

Pinky and the Brain, brain, brain, brain....

link   

What is google's agenda?

edit on 4-4-2019 by theatreboy because: Ring bottom of the hour glitcg

link   

What is google's agenda?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Dude, google is the man.

It's obvious.

They even named their company Alphabet.

D-heads.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Can you give me an example or link?

Google has ALL days been evil and all about censorship, but you properly know that allready...

Google censorship back in 2004

The China censorship thing last year

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I don’t mean to be that guy but Yahoo is just as if not more biased than google. Guess who powers Yahoo search?
Bing does!

Its not the power behind it, its the filters applied by the front end provider. I agree on yahoo. But Bing gets me better results than google or yahoo. In the final analysis I doubt there are any truly unsullied search results from any provider. Its not if, its how bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

that's opposite of intended message from OP

top topics

join