It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Obama selected by TPTB to play the role of "the magical negro"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
When we see movies like the Legend of Bagger Vance, there is the character that is a very wise/mystical black character that is often referred to colloquially as "the magical negro" because it ascribes some unexplainable higher level of understanding to a character of a class/group that is usually looked down upon - and the character ends up teaching the "main character" some important part of reality, some hidden truth or whatever, and the main character ends up looking up to the "wise mystic" (magical negro) and often changes his view on the group he had been prejudiced against before.

We all know that politics is more theater than reality and candidates are more selected by those in power (corporations, rich, elites, etc) than the people, and it seems that Obama, who came from basically no where and had a very unimpressive background/education, was selected to either lead the nation, teach the nation something, or destroy the nation. I wonder if the plan was to have this wise black man play the role of the "magical negro" and TPTB hoped it would change the way they thought people saw race - but it seemed to completely backfire and racial tension seems much higher than before.

Do you see the parallels of Obama to this character type and do you think this was intentional (meaning he was picked specifically b/c he had those characteristics - a great orator, charismatic, silver tounged?)?

I don't mean this to be racist but I really can't get around what this type of character was called before I was born, so I don't want to hear anything about being racist for using this term.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
He was elected from the wishes of the majority of the American people, that is if you can believe it.
America needs to go back to paper ballots .

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Magical negro?

What year is this? My God.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Or like the "Painted Man" in Robin Hood (the Kevin Costner version)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Magical negro?

Chinese have a number for that and it the number 4

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Magical negro?

I didn't make up the name. A search for the term brings up 23 MILLION results, so it's not like it isn't well known.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.urbandictionary.com...

edit on 3 30 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well if they did, then they picked a magical dumbass. And he isnt a negro. He is mixed race. He is a BINO. black in name onlty.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

America needs to go back to paper ballots .

For a person who lives in Asia you seem to have a really odd fixation about the United States. I'm starting to think there's a tiny little American in you yearning to break free.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

edit on 3 30 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Obama was elected because America was "virtue signaling".

Nothing more than that.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Magical negro?

I agree with you.

I'm starting to think some ATS members think the South won the American civil war.

edit on 30-3-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Magical negro?

I didn't make up the name. A search for the term brings up 23 MILLION results, so it's not like it isn't well known.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Google search results are RACIST!

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obama was elected because America was "virtue signaling".

Nothing more than that.

I'd agree to some extent, but rigging an election cannot be done in a social vacuum. I would still maintain that the election was fully rigged and the "virtue signalling" was used as the instrument to justify the rigged outcome.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Magical negro?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Google search any terms and you get results. does that reduces the meaning of term?

or is this a "technicality"; since theres a search result, therefore its good.?

if a word or term exists and has results on Google its a thing we call people...

the theme for the people who hide behind technicalities are always the same... coincidentally you.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Magical negro huh. I'll have to start using that one.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ummmmm..... WHAT?

The big O was elected originally because he displayed what America wanted in a president. He is a smooth talker and his first run really made people believe he was what we needed.

Then we get to the second run and he did a complete 180. Thus proving what we wanted to not believe. He is a sell out if ya ask me. But I do give him kudos for being one bad mofo when it comes to giving speeches.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The term was first popularized when Rush Limbaugh used it in a skit on his radio show.

Obama was kind of a Manchurian candidate. He was completely unknown outside of IL where he was just a junior state senator. He first came on the scene when he gave the keynote address at the Democrat Convention in 2004. Up until that point, no one outside of IL heard of the guy.

He then won his senate seat in a very contentious and scandalous race. His Republican opponent had his divorce records released which had some salacious claims from his ex-wife about sex clubs, etc.

Obama's background was thoroughly scrubbed and he definitely was "paid off" by the powers that be for running. Michelle got a cushy job on a hospital board paying $300k almost as soon as he won his senate seat. In addition, he had a shady real estate deal where Tony Rezko, who was later indicted, basically bought the Obama's Hyde Park mansion for them.

The thing that is odd about Obama imho is that there is very little writings beyond his book. This is really odd given his position as Harvard Law Review President. Part of being on law review is having published scholarly articles, so to have nothing out there from him is really odd. It is very unusual in the law / academic world.

It is almost like he didn't exist prior to running for President. You don't see many "friends before the fame" coming out either. Rarely hear anything from classmates.

There was a concerted effort to scrub his background. I can't find it now, but there was an interview with one of his law school professors who basically alluded to the fact that everyone worked to scrub his background. I think the professor was Charles Ogletree.

Obama was electable because he is not "imposing" in a big black man kind of way. He is handsome and has a Cosbyesque family. He also didn't have too much of the civil rights /revolutionary taint on him like Jesse Jackson did.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
Magical negro huh. I'll have to start using that one.

since its defined on Google, its right to use.

😁

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Magical negro?

rather than feign outrage, why not be an anti-douche bag and offer the preferred term so the OP doesn't upset anyone else with 1990's terms?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

anyone else with 1990's terms

I think the term "negro" is a 1890's term along with a few other choice words that are not used, not the 1990's.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join