It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: List of UFO hypotheses / theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wanted: I write this post hoping that the expertise gathered here might help me. It applies to a web page that deals with a list of UFO hypotheses / theories - that is, what UFOs might be, and where ETV were just one of the possibilities listed.

It's been a couple of years since I visited the site, and no matter how I google and search, I'm not able to find it unfortunately. I had the site bookmarked but have changed laptop since then ...

Some of the contents of the list (freely after my memory):

extraterrestrial visitation
man-made technology
secret societies
parapsychological explanations
socio-cultural explanations
psychological explanations
paranormal
plasma life form
etc.

I believe that it must have been 15-20 various hypotheses on the list, and what was so fine with the list was that it was divided into overall hypotheses with different sub-points / variations of each theory.

Hope somebody recognize some of this and possibly can help me on this.
Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aspåskjølen

Hmm the problem is that UFO's or rather flying objects seen in the sky by mankind have a very long history indeed, they also come in a very great variety of type's.

Some UFO have been described as being like cloud's but also unlike them in there behavior such as not moving with other cloud's and holding position such as the Angelic pillar of fire that guided Israel out of Egypt.

Similarly other's seem non physical or not solid, some are simply light's with no definable form while other's seem to change shape and morph even to pass through solid matter - even some that appear solid have been seen to fly into the ground or even into the side of mountain's as if there was a hidden door or something there but this may be indicative of there possibly ability to phase themselves out of our dimension or in fact we may actually merely be seeing an echo from another reality that is somehow leaking into our own and misinterpreting it as something in our reality.

And some may be using our dimension for some reason but not be native to it.

Some may even be spiritual in nature and not simply higher dimensional spirit technology but perhaps even GHOSTS of some past civilization that was somehow completely erased from the earth except for these phantom images that like some kinds' of seemingly non sentient ghost phenomena may be doomed to repeat there past event's over and over when the conditions are right to trigger this quantum replay.

Some have been described as like City's including Hindu description's and even perhaps if we so choose to interpret it as such Olympus - though that is also definitely a mountain.

Many are described as cigar shaped which also plays into the pillar of fire AND the phantom Air Ship's of the late 1800's to the early 1900's.

Other's are described as Triangular and more traditionally disc or SHIELD shaped even dating back to the campaign's of Alexander the great.

Some UFO's are definitely angelic, some are definitely Demonic and some may be alien while I trust the vast majority are merely down to human inability to recognize man made craft native to our own world and civilization of which many may be top secret project's or simply failure to identify.

In my lifetime (Adult) I have seen one circular, possible disc or perhaps spherical mirror surfaced un-illuminated craft or object which I saw because I felt something and looked right up at it, the thing then shot off at extremely high speed and was completely silent at least over the wind which was blowing a gale at ground level - it flew in the opposite direction to the wind and I could see it because it was just below the cloud cover and in and out of it, the bottom was reflective of the old yellow sodium street light's we used to use (I was walking home late one night from a long shift at work - had I not felt something and looked directly at it intently the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end I would probably have never noticed the thing).

As a child I remember a Crystal shaped blue luminous object which was embedded in the top of a neighbor's roof, adult's seemed to be in a daze when I (a small boy at the time) asked why there was frozen lighting in Betty's roof, over about two week's or so it got increasingly fainter, less luminous and more transparent becoming almost invisible until one day it was completely gone, a few month's later some workmen repaired the hole in Betty's roof, the only way I can describe it is that very small children seemed able to see it but lost interest really quickly while adult's seemed to be see it when it was pointed out but then to blank it completely as if they were in a daze or a trance or something (it was at least two stories high itself and about a little over half the size of the three story house in which roof it had been embedded, shaped rougly like a zig zag blue crystal shape a little like the symbol from the Marvel Flash character but three dimensional and like a crystal).

Also around the same time in my childhood or even possibly before this I remember terrified and in my mum's arm's, she was holding me and looking down from the upstairs window of our home and I could see a silver U or D shaped object in the garden about the size of a car, it had a small ramp at the back (flat of the D or U) which was lowered and there were three small being's child sized with silver suit's and completely black visors - beyond that any more I add would be less reliable as I seem to have a memory of being somewhere dark and scared, a female voice and them doing something to my head which was not to my benefit so that latter part may be taken as subjective and possibly mixed with the more real but no less strange memory, my mother remembered something that matched up with this, she remembered holding me in her arm's, terror and looking out of the upstairs window seeing three rocket flames shooting out of something as it flew up into the sky.

We may live in a quantum universe, reality may not be anything like we perceive it to be especially if like that blue crystal thing I saw in Betty's roof our perception and memory is somehow able to be controlled?.

Now I am actually a believer in God but he did make a vast universe and we were definitely not the first or the most advanced sentient being's he created, the angel's for one were here before us so why not an entire universe of life.

edit on 27-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

BigFoot is actually an extraterrestrial which is why they are never caught.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

BigFoot is actually an extraterrestrial which is why they are never caught.

The Sasquatch creatures are strangely and frequently seen around the world these days. Makes you wonder how they managed that feat in the last few decades without transportation. Are they put here with us as "canaries" in this pit of Hell or, maybe, they are the root stock of our replacement? That they are evidently high-order beings and can survive much as the Bible told us to survive, as "beasts in the field," gives some of us pause to wonder if technology is nothing but a dead-end pipe dream to legitimate consciousness.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
sorry no idea

maybe you could start a new thread asking or collecting theories
*extraterrestrials
*secret gummint stuffs
*secret gummint stuff based on crashed extra-ts
*nazis
*subterranean / reptilian
*unknown life form
*psychic projections reflecting our nuclear anxieties

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One theory I like is the idea that the aliens are evolved human beings traveling back in time to study "prehistoric" humans. The events in human history that caused their evolved form are mostly unknown to them, so they are studying us now that they can travel time. It may even be due to some evolutionary dead-end they encountered and so need to take biological samples from their past to save their future.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Let's say a being was traveling in time, to see you.

It could interact with you, and you could learn all about it, but at the end of the encounter, your memories of the encounter had to be wiped.

Would you still be interested in having that meeting?

Hypothetical, of course. One way to accomplish this task, in theory, would be to make up a false story of such an event occurring. Disseminate that you had such an encounter, but do it in a way that makes you lose credibility. No one believes you, and it is, indeed a lie.

However, now there is a record of you, having such an encounter, and no one believes it... On the timeline.

So... There would no longer be a risk, to such a being actually carrying out that encounter. You understand?
The timeline wouldn't be changed, by that type of meeting.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The only one you need to think about is
Extraterrestrial Visitation
That's the one that counts.
The rest are bogus and a waste of your time.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Pretty good idea, Archivalist, to create a safe way for future time traveling "aliens" to make contact without screwing up the time line.

But concerning shifting time lines created through some interference made by a time traveler, there is the Sci Fi plot where the time line had to occur through said interference. So what if it shifted the events and created a different time line? It was the one that had to happen.

The natural progression of time is always shifting, every minute detail of each event is shifting time, so it doesn't really matter. Ultimately, "where every you go there you are" or as my Great Grandma used to say in her thick Czech accent, "Dat's da vay it ees. Vhat U gonna do?.

edit on 28-3-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clarity

top topics

join