It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Deal Response from Senator Mike Lee...with Star Wars, Raptors and Aquaman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In the current political climate this gave me a good laugh. Senator Mike Lee went after the absurdity of the Green New Deal with his own great information.

It starts with Reagan on a Raptor, moves on to why we would need Tauntans if implemented and who will be there to help Hawaii if the New Green Deal would be passed.

Too bad it was not voted on by ONE member of the left. 57-0. They all voted present because AOC told them to...it just keeps getting better.

Link

“Today’s #GreenNewDeal vote is a partisan stunt to side-step needed debate on climate action, and give Republicans cover to put oil lobby checks over our kids. I’ve come to expect nothing less from [McConnell]. I’ll be voting ‘present.’ I don't play ball with bad-faith farces,” Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), one of several Senate Democrats running for president, tweeted before the vote.

Hey Kirsten, it was up for a vote...and you lost.
edit on Maram31amf0000002019-03-27T10:43:02-05:001002 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Funniest video I've seen in a long time, I loved the part where he said " all the cows I have spoken too say Booo "... almost as funny as the green deal itself.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Knapperdude

I just thought we ALL needed a good laugh.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Tauntauns in the US Senate. American Politics in 2019 i guess.

Funny as hell though.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's great when a Republican Senator can actually communicate on a Democrat Level so they can understand the issues facing the country 😎

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

LOL!

If that was important to the democrats, they wouldn't have voted "present." It goes to show how serious they aren't.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Fight absurdity with absurdity. Why debate an unserious policy proposal with an attempt at serious debate? He gave it exactly the amount of gravitas it deserved.

Long Live the Green Nude Eel!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If I was channel flipping and ran into that presentation on CSPAN I would seriously believe I was tripping or hallucinating.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Mike lee is wonderful. He understands how important and necessary humor is, even when doing a stressful job.

And his straight face while showing these ridiculous images was spot on.

It captured the ridiculous green new deals tone perfectly.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ok, that's it. The fact that he kept a straight face through all of that was priceless. I lost it at Taun-taun, lol.

It would be sweet if we could have seen the looks on the faces of AOC and her flying monkeys during this speech.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The Sharknado climate change part was funnier.

new topics

top topics

join