It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nature of Suffering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Attachment is suffering. Choose your attachments wisely.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I had to look a few things up. After reading Wikipedia-Hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis, I quickly realized that you probably already know more than I do. Nothing presented itself as something you may have missed.

All I could manage was to validate your final paragraph.

To respond to the third person perspective:

And don't we need to take a third person perspective on our self-functioning in a larger ecological environment to properly - and equitably - capture the "reality" of what we are?

I don't have many memories of being delirious, but one memory is rather clear.

I was in a doctor's office conversing with the doctor when an assistant came in. The assistant, almost immediately, suggested some sort of medication be administered stat. I didn't look at the assistant, but rather to the doctor.

She asked, "Do you think you would like to try that medication? It has helped others."

Through clenched teeth I carefully and calmly explained that I was in control of myself.

The reaction from the doctor and the assistant was fear.

This is only a guess, looking back on it. I'm thinking that as much as it seemed to me at the time that I was in control of myself, I just may not have been.

Third person perspective can sometimes be helpful in understanding yourself.

Hope you come up with a solution to the pain issue sans cannabinoids.
edit on 25-3-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Did you know mothers breast milk contains cannabinoids?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No. I didn't know that.

ETA: From what I'm reading, Endocannabinoid in milk serves to stimulate the appetite of the feeding pup.
Lack of appetite results in under nutrition.

Some people pushing cannabinoids as a cure-all seem to be obscuring what Endo means;
"Endogenous substances and processes are those that originate from within an organism, tissue, or cell" Wikipedia.

Warning: Breastfeeding women should not be fooled into thinking that taking in cannabinoids from outside is the same as those Endocannabinoids produced naturally within her own body. Don't smoke pot while breastfeeding.
edit on 25-3-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join