It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Threatens Violence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Recently the press picked up some comments Trump made to Breitbart news and misconstrued it to say he was threatening violence.

These are the comments:

I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

The truth or falsity of his claims are not in question (perhaps because they are true), but it is being reported that this is a threat against people who do not support him.

Trump Threatens Violence if Democrats Don’t Support Him

Trump Threatens Violence Against His Critics

I just can’t see how this is a threat of violence. It appears the point he was trying to make is that, despite being tougher, his supporters are more restrained than his opponents.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Words or "threats" as you call it are a whole lot different than violent ACTIONS coming from the left in this country.

Suck it up butter cups you have 6 more years.

edit on 17-3-2019 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Words or "threats" as you call it are a whole lot different than violent ACTIONS coming from the left in this country.

Suck it up butter cup you have 6 more years.

Yeah I don’t get it. I just can’t see how it is a threat of violence, even with the most malicious of interpretations.

link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

...the support of the Bikers for Trump...

Sounds just like the Sons of Anarchy but much lamer.

+10 more 
link   
Funny how the Left goes after Conservatives with "get in their face", run them out of restaurants and commit actual violence against anyone who dares to wear a certain hat, but are quick to whine and cry " Victim!! " if you stand up to them.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Very well said, wish I could give you more then one star.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Funny how the Left goes after Conservatives with "get in their face", run them out of restaurants and commit actual violence against anyone who dares to wear a certain hat, but are quick to whine and cry " Victim!! " if you stand up to them.

Exactly. They push and push and bait and bait and then when they get a reaction they cry foul - even if the reaction is not what they pretend it to be. If they feel threatened - good.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok, who's up to support trump with violence? And who deserves to be attacked on the lib side?

thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DAVID64

Exactly. They push and push and bait and bait and then when they get a reaction they cry foul - even if the reaction is not what they pretend it to be. If they feel threatened - good.

The comments beneath these articles on various subreddits were far more violent and threatening than anything I’ve ever read from Trump or his supporters. If anyone is going to mobilize and become more violent over these comments, it’s them.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Ok, who's up to support trump with violence? And who deserves to be attacked on the lib side?

thehill.com...

Don't worry, no one is coming for you (that's more of a leftist thing) - it's only your ideology that is going to be smashed.

edit on 17/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

thehill.com...

It’s very odd. Hirono said this:

“I think it’s more than an implicit threat,” Hirono said on MSNBC. “It sounds very much to me that encouraging them to engage in something that’s probably illegal, such as assaulting people ... that sounds like a threat to me. I think it’s appalling.”

At what point does this become mass hysteria?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Not a threat at all. I would characterize it as more of a warning, and he is not wrong IMO.

It's like a parent "warning" a child that the stove is hot, and it will burn you if you touch it.

Meanwhile the child is grinning, while inching his finger closer, and closer to the burner.

The parent obviously doesnt want the child to burn themself, but if they do, perhaps they will learn a valuable lesson about listening in the future.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

thehill.com...

Ask Maxine Waters

The Hill
edit on pSun, 17 Mar 2019 11:59:50 -05002019 150Sun, 17 Mar 2019 11:59:50 -0500amAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

thehill.com...

“I think it’s more than an implicit threat,” Hirono said on MSNBC. “It sounds very much to me that encouraging them to engage in something that’s probably illegal, such as assaulting people ... that sounds like a threat to me. I think it’s appalling.”

Oh, I think we're past that point with the left, don't you? Ppl screaming to the sky, or literally crying because the candidate they supported lost is a pretty clear sign of hysteria to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not as lame as the Daughters of Che.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Being triggered by a hat? A hat that only promotes wanting one's country to be great?

Doesn't sound like reasonable ppl to me.

If you don't like the slogan, don't wear the hat.
Sounds very simple to me. Attacking those that do like the slogan is infantile.

The slogan itaelf can mean different things to different individuals anyway. It's not a valid reason for violence, or even hatred for that matter.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe
I think he nailed it. The left keeps pushing the envelope and everyone has their threshold. I don't think the left realizes how sick of their BS antics the right has become. For the most part the right has been very patient and tolerable but like I said, there's a threshold.

I can't think of one of my biker bro's that's a Democrat anymore. They all think the left is a bunch of whining crybabies and they are correct. The general consensus is that the left isn't even worth their time and they've better things to do. Basically, no contest, why bother, be nice until its time not to be.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

thehill.com...

Ask Maxine Waters

The Hill

I guess you could ask her, but mad Maxine is unlikely to articulate an intelligible response.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

thehill.com...

The left is in full hysteria mode 24/7. Since the election it has been one hysteria to the next, with very little time in between. Hell, the Russian Collusion nonsense has been ongoing for over 2 years now. It seems hysteria may be the standard state of being for today's leftists.
edit on pm33201919America/Chicago17p12pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join