It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI 2019 The Proposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
THE PROPOSITION

“Your assessment please Roberto, venerable Magistrate, what do you think of this new proposition? Is it suitable?”

Roberto 590, the Magistrate, directed his primary attention away from the reams of biological blueprints rolling across his electronic cortex. His single red optic glimmered as he took in the fleshy example which stood prone in front of him.

“Aesthetically pleasing compared to previous generations, perhaps a little flimsy. I wonder if you might be putting a little too much faith in the effectiveness of the Propositions brain to counter the fragile nature of the vassal though. I haven’t concluded my examination of the design, but this Proposition has little in the way of physical protection from elements or predators.”

Reginald 2209, commonly referred to as The Creator, considered this for the smallest fraction of a second before forming his reply, “The neurological framework is sound, and the body is constructed in such a way to truly test the Propositions brain. What it lacks in strength, natural armaments or speed will be countered by its ability to think and build. Look at its hands, they mimic our own.”

The three humanoid metallic creatures considered the ebony bipedal before them in silence. It was true there where many physical features which roughly mirrored their own. The flesh seemed crude when compared to their exact forms but it could be said this Proposition had almost been designed in their image, almost.

Elizabeth 138 broke the silence, “I can sense a level of self awareness within your latest build which is quite extraordinary. The potential for learning is great, more so than I would of thought capable using such crude biological matter. It is without a doubt the pinnacle of your work to date Creator. I do find its cognitive potential slightly concerning though. Perhaps you’ve created a level of intelligence which could become problematic.”

“With the utmost respect Overseer, You held similar reservations about the Dolphin, the Raven, even the Elephant and these reservations proved to be baseless.”

“You didn’t give them fingers to craft with Creator, this Proposition holds infinite possibilities in the palm of its hand, the cradle of its mind.”

“And thereto has been created in line with my brief, to push the limits of biological design, to create an intelligence which could perhaps rival our own, surpass it in some respects, who knows.”

The Magistrate nodded slowly, the dome of his head reflecting the clinical white lighting of the Creators studio “We shall be returning to this sector before too long, I very much doubt the Proposition will develop to such an extent to cause us any difficulties. We can eliminate the experiment if need be.”

“And what if it escapes the planet?” Elizabeth 138 countered, “As the Overseer my position would be jeopardized if we allowed this latest creation to spread from Earth to the beyond.”

The Creator laughed “I’m flattered by your confidence in my work Elizabeth, but the chances of that happening by my reasoning are non existent.”

“What say you Magistrate? Shall we populate the planet?” the Overseer asked tersely.

“I agree with the Creator. This Proposition, this Human as he calls it holds much potential but will be easily controlled if need be. What could possibly go wrong?”

THE END

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Nice story with a great twist !

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks, it's been a while...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

I love the creation myth. It's helped by the clinical setting and language of the creators in the story.
You could have called it "Never underestimate the human capacity for being a pain in the neck"

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
I wonder what they’ll say when they finally make it back 🤔

top topics

join