It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mathematical Analysis of the Star of Bethlehem

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Cool, glad you can openly state this isn't your field, that's sincere

Anyway, more on zeitgeist and why it's so easily dismissed by any theologian who actually puts effort into their beliefs

Zeitgeist is another word for pop culture
Have a watch if you have time to waste or want to see how lies are countered

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Raggedyman

No worries. I could have posted a different video ) but I figured the zeitgeist one would be a good place to start. As another member pointed out we are off topic now so I will bow out. (I never usually participate in religious threads btw.)

don't go! you're on an anonymous forum, this is the perfect place to make mistakes and discuss ideas and prove them through the gauntlet of the logic of others who have also been thinking about it. What we are talking about is most definitely on topic - God and the stars.

originally posted by: TzarChasm

And again, it comes down to a question of whether cosmic phenomena was designed with prophetic figures in mind, or the other way around.

Moses wrote that it was:

"Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years"

The cosmos are like a giant clock that allow us to tell ages and read into history to get rather precise dates on various occurrences. The materialist will confuse these synchronicities by thinking that it is merely a cosmological allusion, but it is both "on earth as it is in heaven".

Astronomers can tell you the stars were in place billions of years before humans even existed and their physics is an automatic process of cause and effect completely unrelated to human philosophy.

This is the nihilism I was referring to that prevents you from understanding the implications of your being. You think this was all an accident, yet rocks have meaning, worms have meaning, how much more meaning would humans have? Observations from the universe show that the "big bang event" didn't happen in just one location, but all locations at once. Meaning all points in the universe, including your heart, could be viewed as the epicenter of the universe. This also shows things came to be rather quickly, since all points turned on like pixels in a TV screen simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So how did the stars speak to Herod and then give the gifts. Why did Herod thinkmthe stars mocked him when they didn’t return to tell him where the child was Kinda doesn’t run with the narrative does it?

Dont take things in a literal sense from the bible. If you read it that way you will never understand it. Yes its the three wise men. The same stars which are the belt of orion and what do the pyramids point to. The same star they always have Sirius. The shaft always lines up with Sirius (The blue star) Whats the blue star (ISIS) ISIS was with Osirus. After he died he became king of the underworld. (Pleidies) ISIS birthed a baby boy. The Sun King. The son of God. He was crucified and resurrected. See the links yet. Thats why you celebrate easter (The East Star)

I could go on but if your interested. Go do some reading.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Anwser above will put a good thread up about this and send you a message when i do/

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The cosmos are like a giant clock that allow us to tell ages and read into history to get rather precise dates on various occurrences. The materialist will confuse these synchronicities by thinking that it is merely a cosmological allusion, but it is both "on earth as it is in heaven". 

Reading into history is not the same as collating documented and measurable astronomy events with non measurable historical claims that can't be recreated or falsified in any meaningful sense. Quoting a farmers almanac while relating an account of a UFO just means you have a good grasp of the almanac. Supernatural events require their own direct corroboration, such as the shroud of Turin or a cave with fossilized footsteps or bloodstains, hopefully a fingerprint. So far all we have is a few documents that survived the purge of heathen materials, politically sanctioned testimony, and a few fake shrouds. None of this even touches the fact that astronomic physics can be used reliably as a clock or calendar specifically because humans can't tamper with the celestial bodies. Thank goodness for that, some billionaire or emperor would have forced the Earth and sun to switch places and called it divine favor. Humans can predict the movement of the stars and use it to impress less educated folk, this is how you feed your family in the middle ages. Being factually accurate was less profitable, ask Galileo.

You think this was all an accident, yet rocks have meaning, worms have meaning, how much more meaning would humans have?

What meaning do rocks and worms have to you? And why is it so important for humans to have "meaning" beyond their personal self realization?
edit on 15-3-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I am more interested in the obvious falsities of the bible than the facts Zeitgeist got wrong. To each their own.

Now really bowing out.

ETA I didn't watch your video. Call me ignorant if you will.

edit on 15/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Or maybe it was one of these little guys at night.

The white ball would have been an easy beacon to follow.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join