It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
did you lurk for on ATS before joining?

Just an interesting thought. I'm sure most of the members here, that actually got dragged in by the mystique and not by more "recent' events, lurked for a while and read all the older fascinating stuff that finally lead them to think.

"WOW, this place is nuts, these people are crazy......I've read enough, I have to join this sideshow!"

I lurked about a year before creating an account, while I've contributed about nothing, I'm sure others where drawn in in similar fashion.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
About 20 minutes 😎

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
did you lurk for on ATS before joining?

Just an interesting thought. I'm sure most of the members here, that actually got dragged in by the mystique and not by more "recent' events, lurked for a while and read all the older fascinating stuff that finally lead them to think.

"WOW, this place is nuts, these people are crazy......I've read enough, I have to join this sideshow!"

I lurked about a year before creating an account, while I've contributed about nothing, I'm sure others where drawn in in similar fashion.

I think I found this place in... 2007?

My brother eventually made me an account in 2012 because we talked about the topics here when we were together.

I didn't post here for a few years even then...

Then I got drunk one night, signed in and opened my mouth.

To the everlasting horror of some...

But here I am.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
About 20 minutes 😎

You must have got a few 404's and had to refresh for 15 minutes.

I'm sure all the ladies would agree with me that you normally pull the trigger faster than 20 minutes.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, atleast it sounds like booze played a positive roll in your ATS experience.

Most of us can't say the same......

I remember getting a lot of removed posts back in my "drinking" days on ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
About 20 minutes 😎

You must have got a few 404's and had to refresh for 15 minutes.

I'm sure all the ladies would agree with me that you normally pull the trigger faster than 20 minutes.

It took me that long to read through the "All Roads Lead to Rome" thread (at the time) 😎

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well, atleast it sounds like booze played a positive roll in your ATS experience.

You do ATS sober?

How odd...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You do ATS sober?

How odd...

Just drinking less...I count that as a "tier" of sobriety.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

What I find myself doing about once a month is doing the morning "crawl of shame" to the computer and see if my removed bad BAD GIRL!!! posts negative thingeys out-way my applause positive thingeys.

Still posting, so someone has my back...

Maybe?

I've always enjoyed your posts, BTW.. you have a really nice balance of facts and dry humor for me.

Edited to add... my monthly Kahlua/whisky binges have NOTHING to do with the other thing I have to deal with once a month.

It's a coincidence!!!!
edit on 7-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

What I find myself doing about once a month is doing the morning "crawl of shame" to the computer and see if my removed bad BAD GIRL!!! posts negative thingeys out-way my applause positive thingeys.

Still posting, so someone has my back...

Maybe?

I've always enjoyed your posts, BTW.. you have a really nice balance of facts and dry humor for me.

That was about every day for me at one point.

Something satisfying though about having posts removed and applause from the same mod in the same thread. I know it's odd, but I felt alittle bad and a bit good at the same time.

Ironically I like to think my humor is my strong suite, next to my sometimes raw emotionless logic. Very contrived considering my namesake.
edit on 7-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
About six months. I heard a story about a clairvoyant on the radio that was supposedly in contact with an alien race that was due to touch down and make contact in october of that year. I think i googled her in june, found a thread here discussing her.

I participated as 'anonymous' for a while then made an account. Back then ATS had a feature where unregistered members could post.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
About six months. I heard a story about a clairvoyant on the radio that was supposedly in contact with an alien race that was due to touch down and make contact in october of that year. I think i googled her in june, found a thread here discussing her.

I participated as 'anonymous' for a while then made an account. Back then ATS had a feature where unregistered members could post.

Wow, never knew that. Interesting feature.

ATS would be an absolute # show today with such a feature.

Sidenote: I'm a very visual person, I appreciate you having the same avatar for as long as I can remember.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A day or 2.

Was on here for awhile until I met my true love and the ex contacted the admins and got me banned wayback when.

I was curious about the birds in Beebe Arkansas, and also ufo's.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

For the longest time i had no avatar, then during the big ATS upheaval where people were doxing an elvis impersonator as actually being elvis, and people were getting banned, and threads trash binned daily, i made that my avatar to be a rebel lol. Never changed it.

Not even an elvis fan lol

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

For the longest time i had no avatar, then during the big ATS upheaval where people were doxing an elvis impersonator as actually being elvis, and people were getting banned, and threads trash binned daily, i made that my avatar to be a rebel lol. Never changed it.

Not even an elvis fan lol

I'm no fan either, but that # was compelling. I remember reading all of it.

Probably one of the more flushed out(factually) than most of the conspiracies that graced these pages.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
We’ve always been here, us aliens. First post was when we joined, petty human squabbling is amusing. So are the UFO posts, boy do most of you have it wrong lol!!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This was the avatar/account anons posted with.

And yes, it probably got abused. Which is why it ended.

Id bet though. Some juicy tidbits were posted on here with that account.
edit on 3 7 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I lurked and read for over a year before joining.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was over 2 years.

As a Conspiracy Theorist, I loved reading the conspiracy theories.

But, as a Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist, I wasn't going to join until I fully read the Terms and Conditions.

As a Lazy Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist, I knew that wasn't going to be any time soon. Have you seen how long that thing is?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Remember when ATS took a nosedive a few years back? Yeah I joined right before that

ATS was brilliant when I was a lurker.

My sincerest apologies to all.

edit on 8-3-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join