It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music trivia question ????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Would it Be Racey "Lay your love on me" 1978

www.youtube.com...

link   
a reply to: highvein

Not that one either.

Another great song.

link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Unfortunately, not that one either.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
This thread has enough good music for a great playlist. Just need some King Cobra or any other cheap booze.

I totally agree!!

Gosh, maybe we should do this more often!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Nope, not that one.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Note....these are all GREAT suggestions, but none are it so far.

I feel like I'm getting close though.

I just recalled the melody on either side of the "love me, love me, love me" part. The love me part is at the end of a a verse about midway though the song.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ah HAAAAAAAA!!!!! I'VE GOT IT...FINALLY!!!

I can now finally get this ear-worm out of my brain!!!!

Drum-roll please!!!

The year was 1977 ... (so I wasn't far off)

The artist was one... Alan O'Day

And, the name of the song is....

Undercover Angel

ETA - I can just hear good ol' Casey Kasem saying...."and for the 26th week on Billboard's Top 40 charts, and the 3rd week in a row at #1, this week's American Top 40 hit is...."Undercover Angel" by Alan O'Day!"...as the intro played underneath his voice. Man, what a memory!

O'Day would never chart again, making him a "one hit wonder". Following it's release in early 1977, the song shot to #1 on the US charts and enjoyed over half a year on the charts.
edit on 3/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
What a FUN trip through the musical '70's!!

THANKS EVERYBODY!!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

WOW! Great thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ok, contextual question, where were you when you heard it, what year was it?

Reading your question a little more carefully... (I initially thought you asked when I heard it last, which is what my initial response was)

Where was I when I first heard it?

Well, believe it or not, I was actually an on-air personality as a disc jockey for a Top 40 hits radio station.

The year must have been early 1978. Thinking back now, it might have been one of the very first songs I ever played! I remember now why I liked the song too. It was a very 'radio friendly' song, and it had a good intro with a beat you didn't have to have too loud under your voice to figure the song out. Those were the days of talking intros to songs, where the DJ voiced over the top of the introduction to the song, usually saying something about the song. The intro was 0:15...just enough time to say something quick and snappy and not sound too stupid for a rookie.

Talk about butterflies! The very first time you flipped that mic switch and the "On Air" light came on, and it was real this time! Oh man! You'd usually throw the mic switch about 15-20 seconds before the previous song ended. This would trigger the "On Air" light which would make everyone else in the studio stop making noise, and the studio would go completely quiet. All the studio monitors would shut off and it would be complete silence. Only the DJ could hear what was going over the air in his headset. Then, as the previous song ended you'd "pot up" the mic (i.e. turn up the sensitivity basically so it was 'hot'). In the studio, the only thing you'd hear would be the DJ's voice, and nothing else.

Then as soon as the DJ said his piece he'd turn the mic back down, and throw the mic switch to the "off" position. (you did it in this order so you couldn't hear the switch click over the air). Then the "On Air" light in the studio would go off, and the monitors (speakers) would come back on...and you'd be listening to what was playing over the air in the studio.

The first time you went through that whole sequence (for real), knowing there were 10's of thousands of people listening, and worrying about tripping over your tongue (or worse, choking), was akin to jumping out of an airplane the first time parachuting. It was an adrenaline rush to say the least!

You got used to it after a while, but the first time was pretty nerve racking...Program Directors, Producers, news people and assistants all looking through the studio windows betting on whether the rookie was gonna' choke. Standby jock in the backup studio next door sitting there ready to jump in if you did. I think I was probably shaking after the first live shot...no turning back then! Then everyone went back to what they were doing. You were on your own.

I knew there was a reason I remembered these lyrics out of the blue like that. Now I know what it was.

edit on 3/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'll see your Alan O'Day and raise you a Dean Friedman:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

edit on 3/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: Can't find a good copy of the song I was looking for

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
It was a real pop up in the song....ba dah bah da bah, LOVE me Love me love me...badah bah da bah.

I know we'll all go "OH YEAH...THAT SONG!!!!" when we figure this out!

If you have a device that you can install it onto, might be worth downloading the shazam app, you can then sing or whistle what you can remember of it and it will try and do a match.

Responding on page one, apologies if someone has suggested this.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Are you sure it's not lovefool from the 80's. By a group called cardigan?

...maybe 90s.

The Cardigans is who you may be thinking of. Totally 90's.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I asked because there has been a slew of newer music that sounds dated.

Would have never found that song you were looking for, ha!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Classic !

Check out TOTP, 'live"
Check out the trolleys on 'im !!!

Just to add, for own personal indulgence
My own earwig since last weekend :
that guitar break 'da-da dang .. da-dang daaa"
who was that lifted from, huh, huh !?!

The Pretenders

edit on 7-3-2019 by Cassi3l because: The Jam best hits anyone...?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Baaad !

Put yourself inside the head of Finbar Saunders
Listen again
ohhhhhhh

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

I’ve never heard of Finbar Saunders ? ( I’m a old fart )

One of the reasons I like it is because of the lead banjo.

It’s not even the type of music I like, it’s to close to disco . But for me there’s just something about that one particular song . My taste is more in line with Willie Nelson or of the traveling Wilburys .

I run into a lot of people that say they don’t like it until it starts playing . Then involuntary peoples heads bob and their toes twitch. Lol

But to each his own .

Preacher gave a good portrayal of my feelings on the matter. Take a gander it’s kind of funny .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join