It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off topic no text

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just wondering why when a post gets labeled off topic why there is not a copy of the post sent along with the inbox message.

Is it common to get warnings to show up in inbox but not have any violation noted? No post taken down?

Also is it common for two day old warnings to show up in inbox already marked as being read even though they were never read and two days late?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

If you have questions about the post that was removed feel free to send a message to the moderator that removed the post. They will send a copy of the post, and explain why it was removed. You can also send in a complaint that will be seen by all the staff, and your question will be answered.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I figured it might save mods some time if a copy of the text was sent when the pm advising off topic was sent. I searched and found some other threads on the subject and others have had the same desire to know what they posted that was off topic cause well we forget.

As too the rest i have inquired and the mods are likely busy.

Is it normal to get a warning without a post removal or even 2 without a post removed?

Do warnings come in twos for one infraction?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It depends on the warning. Staff can give warnings without removing the entire post. Most removals give a single warning but a Political Trolling removal gives two.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That sounds right.

Took your other advice also.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Political trolling warns do generate two warns.
Yes, we can issue warns that are not attached to post removals. But are the result of rules violations.

The system has not supplied the text for posts for as long as I can remember.
I doubt that will change.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hey thanks.

Too bad it will not likely change cause it could help save time. I imagine it can be tasking to reply to messages when a mod removes a post for being off topic and the member wants to know what the text was cause they are like me and have a bad memory.

So did that happen to anyone recently?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hey thanks.

Too bad it will not likely change cause it could help save time. I imagine it can be tasking to reply to messages when a mod removes a post for being off topic and the member wants to know what the text was cause they are like me and have a bad memory. So did that happen to anyone recently? Thanks

I generally remember my offensive posts (they exist by flagrency degree) and when one is tagged for removal I am usually not surprised. There are things you can do to improve your memory; an ashwagandha ginseng suppliment may help.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Well...nothing in this world is "normal"...but I myself have always recvd a post copy and explanation from the mod/post-thread remover via p.m.

Always

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sounds nice and deescalating.

Where are you from?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Yea i think the best solution would be to not go off topic. I will look into the funny sounding named ginsing you mention.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sounds nice and deescalating.

Where are you from?

Southeastern Michigan...

new topics

top topics

join