It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did people from your high school turn out?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

As far as judging people, as much as we all say we don't do it, we all do it. You judged people that judged people and people that sell makeup!

True enough .. my bad 😜... but .. but I still don’t get the game of judging people by their professions or how
much money they make. Too many doctors have become doctors for status reasons and not because they actually care about people’s health.

To get back on topic I was a bit of a wild child in high school. Skipped a lot of classes to go cruising and listen to Steppenwolf on loud car speakers. Lived for the moment and if I could do it all over again,sure would make different choices.

But I’ve come to the realization that God doesn’t play favourites with His mercy, and death is the great equalizer. There are no rich or poor in heaven. And no judgements on how one looks.
I don’t live my life to impress former alumni, and I try and wish them ALL the best ,daily.

edit on 5-3-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My high school was in a rural small southern community. Basically boring except for the occasional country boy antics and football and basketball. Mostly the nicest people you would ever meet. I was the studious girl and easily moved in different circles largely because I was related to half the county and had 2 brothers in high school with me. Pretty much everyone turned out as expected-middle class stiffs and homemakers. My closest friends pushed for educations and opportunities and enjoyed "more" than those that never left the Atlanta area. Can't think of hardly any losers but the sad circumstances for the poorer did not bode well for their futures. Not hardly any serious drug-related issues. Still, keep in touch with several, never attended reunions (not many did as they live near each other in the same county), glad so many have had mostly happy lives. Guess we were the lucky ones.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Agree mostly on all counts. Few of the most popular in middle and high school are either the most successful or ‘hottest now.’ I think a lot of the more successful as adults are late bloomers.

edit on 5-3-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I just looked up my class Alumni page; only 16 people listed. Of those 16, I only recognized 4 names. The four that I recognize are people I went to school with all the way from 1-12.

I went to two different high schools.

Grade 9 started at a boarding school; five hours class, six hours work, two hours homework, eat 3 meals, sleep, shower, repeat. But then I got expelled, so finished the semester at home with the books, mailed the assignments and tests in. Then started second semester at the public high school.

Grade 10 pretty much a repeat; boarding school, expulsion, complete semester at home on my own, then public school.

Grade 11 all public school.

Grade 12 only first semester; enough credits to graduate. Went to work irrigating orchards. Didn't go to graduation ceremony; diploma by mail.

It may seem strange that I'm only writing about myself, but hey, I'm one of the kids in my class that I actually kept in touch with!

I almost had a girl friend my Junior year. Because of class scheduling and the two school situation, I was taking Geometry class with Sophomores. Laura needed a bit of tutoring, so I would go to her house after school and run through the axioms and theorems and logic.

But then this Senior girl Mary had a chat with Laura and Laura said, "No. Nothing special, just friends." A crushing thing to hear! Mary didn't even care about Axioms! Mary went on to be 1983 Adam Model of the Year.

Then the Geometry teacher didn't like the way I was turning around in my seat and chatting with Laura, so Laura had to switch seats with Maureen. So then I was telling Maureen jokes. She thought I was funny, so she introduced me to her best friend Christine.

I'm not one to kiss and tell, so moving along... She invited me to a Sadie Hawkins dance, and I said yes, but then didn't carry through. My bad! Guilt! Shame! Regrets!

After I was gone to Oklahoma, and we didn't have awkward greetings in the hallways, Christine graduated top of her class! Yaaaa Christine! Last time I checked(2012) she's a lawyer married to a lawyer with three children in Los Angeles.

There is a secret that I've never told anyone: Laura had a younger sister. We rode the same school bus in the morning. One day after Laura said the crushing "just friends" words, her sister said, as I boarded the bus, "Sit here by me. I don't understand this History assignment."

So the whole time with Mary and Christine, I was secretly tutoring History on the sly. I looked up her class alumni register and her name is there, four years after my class.

That's about all I know. I ended up on ATS, telling old stories.

edit on 6-3-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join