It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Millions of Dollars missing from ThriveNYC a project headed by de Blasio's wife

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Here is a website with a break down of the financials of the Mayor's Fund and other information.

www.charitynavigator.org...

If you look into "consideration of leaders" it says $190,344 or %0.83 was paid to Daren Bloch. I wonder if that was paid to him personally? That's alot of money.

edit on 3/4/2019 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi
Good catch, although it seems they have not been able to get a 990 for anything since 2017...

I wonder why they haven't posted a 990 for the 2018 elections... I mean 2018 yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I was wondering that myself

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is an unbelievable amount incompetence at the VERY least. At worst, it's one of the largest robberies I've ever heard of. It is not uncommon for this kind of cronyism to take place in cities. Especially large cities like NYC. I'm actually just surprised these idiots finally got exposed. I wonder who was behind THAT tip?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Financials and a big list of names on page 20.

issuu.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'm off for the night and will finish quick sweeps on the Board tomorrow.

I am currently in a rabbithole on Matt Klein because he is connected to lots of stuff.

Let's keep the thread alive!

Thank you 772 for your help!

edit on 4-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is an unbelievable amount incompetence at the VERY least. At worst, it's one of the largest robberies I've ever heard of. It is not uncommon for this kind of cronyism to take place in cities. Especially large cities like NYC. I'm actually just surprised these idiots finally got exposed. I wonder who was behind THAT tip?

I my mind there is zero chance this is incompetence. These politicians, and in some cases their families have been robbing the tax payer blind for a very, very long time. The IRS can track our taxes down to the penny and if we screw up can garnish our wages, take our house, or even throw us in jail if we screw up. If the government wanted to keep tabs on this kind of thing accurately, they certainly have the capacity, and they would be able to......but then, how would they fleece us for trillions of dollars.
edit on pm33201919America/Chicago04p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 4-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Just because a thread is in the mud pit does not mean that substantive posts cannot be made in said thread.

There may not be any money missing or they may have done some super shady stuff and with what is available to the public right now there is no way to know.

Here you are making an absolute pronouncement where no such certainty exists. As I have shown in the second part of the OP, it seems as though overbilling has played a part of some of the mis-allocated funds. Have you personally searched all publicly available documents regarding ThriveNYC and its associated programs to be able to state categorically that, "there is no way to know," whether or not other such shenanigans have taken place?

a reply to: xuenchen

You're most welcome, and yes, NYC is dirty and not just from trash in the streets.

a reply to: queenofswords

Yeah, I saw your post regard Tier One Public Strategies and have been meaning to see what I can find regarding them. It is interesting that many of the wives of the various politicos are involved in their underhanded dealings, is it not?

Good Great stuff! Keep it coming!

I'm glad you like what's been presented. As Lumenaris says, pick a spot (or person) and start digging. Looks like you've come up with some good stuff already. Let's see what else there is to find, eh?

a reply to: xuenchen

Yup, this is what I consider the 'old ATS' that I've seen many lament as being long gone. Just because the political arena has come to center stage is no reason that quality posts can't be made.

a reply to: projectvxn
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yeah, I don't buy in to the incompetence argument on these kinds of things. If they're that incompetent that they have trouble accounting for where hundreds of millions of dollars went, or whether or not specific goals have been reached, then they have absolutely no business at all being responsible for these kinds of funds.

If, on the other hand, they are up to nefarious deeds, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In fact, I think that there should be more severe penalties for those in public service who are found to have violated statutes that apply to us regular citizens.

Thank you both so much for your contributions to the thread!

Lumenari, I can't wait to see what else you've dug on on Klien.
edit on 4-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: Wrong name

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
On my previous financials post on page 20 you will see Gabrielle Fialkoff as number 2 in command. I looked into her and I find it interesting she was making over $220,000 a year and decided to leave the mayor's office in July of 2018 after 22 years!!! That's alot of money to walk away from WITHOUT knowing what she was going to do next. I wonder if she found something that bothered her conscience.

"De Blasio appointed Fialkoff — his friend and adviser for the past 22 years — as senior adviser and director of the Office of Strategic Partnerships when he first took office in 2014. OSP, which Fialkoff helped establish, presides over public-private partnerships on behalf of the city. Her salary is $220,652. Fialkoff, who also serves as vice chairwoman of the board of directors of the Mayor's Fund — headed by first lady Chirlane McCray — said that she plans to spend time with her family and will most likely go back to the private sector in the fall. (She does not know where she will be working yet.)"

www.politico.com...

Keep digging!!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Whether incompetence, criminal negligence, fraud and embezzlement, there is no good way to slice this story.

I'm leaning toward outright theft myself.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Im taking time off my research into this subject to respond to you personally. I've noticed a trend of you being pretty much "anti-ats" It seems no matter how many facts are posted you chime in with some ridiculous nonsense. I think it's great to have some opposition for some clarity, but some of the things you say are utterly ridiculous.

Let's take your comment "There may not be any money missing or they may have done some super shady stuff and with what is available to the public right now there is no way to know". Yes there is a way of knowing. As I'm sure you have noticed there is a group of people here putting in real time and effort to get to the bottom of this. We are putting in a great deal if time looking into financials and people. I have a family a still find time to make this country better. How do you think stories like this ever get exposed and make the news? It's people putting in work to weed out corruption in this country.

This is The United States of America, the greatest country on the planet, and we don't need corruption in our country. If everyone puts in work to expose the truth WE can stop it from happening.

I really don't care what you have to say to this post, but I will tell you this, if you keep up with your trolling behavior I'm going to make it my mission in LIFE to get you banned. I don't care if I have to contact the ATS "brass" with phone calls and messages.

This is a big boy ATS thread and we are trying to make a difference in this world. If you only have negative things to say take it to the mud Pitt. That's were I go when I want to joke around. Goodnight.

I'm sorry to dig into you so much, you actually haven't been so bad on this thread. But what I have read in the last couple weeks alone (and I've been coming here for almost 15 years) are really bothering ALOT of people.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A good read, it talks about a "overlap" between the mental health initiative and the OSP.

www.cityandstateny.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If I ever doubted that local and national politics were full of corruption, patronage, cronyism, and downright incompetence at times, I have zero doubt after knowing what goes on here in NYC politics.

Much of the reason there is so much incompetence and inefficiencies in politics and government is precisely because it’s a system of who you know not what you know. Edit: this is much more true in more politically aligned offices and programs. In the case of nyc, this program was aligned with the mayor’s offices and also the mayor’s wife. They also have a lot more latitude to appoint anyone they want rather than go through more normative civil service processes.

Thrive was stacked with a bunch of former election campaign folks, mostly from Democrat presidential campaigns, with little to no experience in public health care programs. Such jobs are given out as awards for service rendered.

edit on 4-3-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

A very good thing to know!

I hope you have further input on this thread as it goes to help us attempt to sort some things out!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi

Im taking time off my research into this subject to respond to you personally. I've noticed a trend of you being pretty much "anti-ats" It seems no matter how many facts are posted you chime in with some ridiculous nonsense. I think it's great to have some opposition for some clarity, but some of the things you say are utterly ridiculous.

Let's take your comment "There may not be any money missing or they may have done some super shady stuff and with what is available to the public right now there is no way to know". Yes there is a way of knowing. As I'm sure you have noticed there is a group of people here putting in real time and effort to get to the bottom of this. We are putting in a great deal if time looking into financials and people. I have a family a still find time to make this country better. How do you think stories like this ever get exposed and make the news? It's people putting in work to weed out corruption in this country.

This is The United States of America, the greatest country on the planet, and we don't need corruption in our country. If everyone puts in work to expose the truth WE can stop it from happening.

I really don't care what you have to say to this post, but I will tell you this, if you keep up with your trolling behavior I'm going to make it my mission in LIFE to get you banned. I don't care if I have to contact the ATS "brass" with phone calls and messages.

This is a big boy ATS thread and we are trying to make a difference in this world. If you only have negative things to say take it to the mud Pitt. That's were I go when I want to joke around. Goodnight.

I'm sorry to dig into you so much, you actually haven't been so bad on this thread. But what I have read in the last couple weeks alone (and I've been coming here for almost 15 years) are really bothering ALOT of people.

Yea...no..

I love ats and the members are cool. So you are wrong on that account.

So you are claiming that being objective and actually looking at the facts is a bad thing.

I think you are a bit upset over other issues and that is clouding your judgement.

It is clear in the op that there is zero proof of missing money! This is a simple case of a group not keeping track of expenses.

Until you all dig up some actual proof of misspending laundering and such the corp will be givin time to get on top of things. I personally wonder how they are not in deep water with the irs but i suspect they do not have to pay taxes on most of the funds.

I would not be near as offending to anyone if people would just call out bs when they see it in the media.

The title and the way the msm puts it forth is hyperbolic and creates outrage over something that is not real.

One way would be to figure out what the group has done over the years and see what expenditures can be accounted for.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
On behalf of ATS, thank you to all those participating in this thread.

On a personal level, I live in New York City and I certainly am interesting in this topic so thanks for the thoughtful research that's been done so far.

Maybe we (ATS) would be better off if real topics, such as this one, were started as far away from the vile mudpit as possible. Look how different the two threads turned out. Wow.

Anyways, pardon my slightly off topic observation and thank you again.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They're probably hoping to hide their theft by claiming incompetant bookkeeping.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

That is what it is looking like.

One big fact in this reporting is that they are getting more money to stay open.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have a feeling that from Thrive's inception in 2015 till the time Politico asked for budget records in Oct. 2018, that that lost/misplaced/stolen money will NEVER be accounted for. Never...it is gone out the window.

They are in the spotlight now, and are making changes in management, etc., so the $850,000,000 is probably going to just slip off the radar.

(Think about THAT --- almost $1billion dollars of taxpayer money just poofed away by cronies in the Mayor's Office, including his wife.)

I found this interesting:

Other measurements seemingly have nothing to do with the mental health of New Yorkers. For instance, Thrive calculates how many mayors attended a national conference on mental health — just seven when New York City hosted it in 2017.

I would be interested to know which 7 mayors attended and how much was spent on the "Conference" by Thrive, where it was held, what money was spent on food, entertainment, hotel accommodations, etc. Seven! Wow! You would think that the "conference" would have been cancelled if more than 7 hadn't RSVP'd.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join