It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Five Years (US, EU, Israel, Islam)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ok before I continue please let me say this topic is open to speculation and forecasting of future political events. I myself believe that the next five years hold a key number of historically significant events that will impact the both the immediate and distant future. I truly believe that the Gaza Pullout will be completed albeit with heavy civilian protest and resistance. We will see peace brokered in the mid-east and the establishment of a Palestinian state. I think the EU will take the charge and be the successful entity that brokers this deal. I believe the E.U. is a soft superpower at this point and has the ability through its economic and diplomatic importance to complete this deal. I can elborate at great length if asked about Javier Solana and the EU's growing power in matters of world diplomacy. I think the U.S. will keep representing the militaristic wing of the West and indeed proceed with or without Israeli support and attack Syria and Iran although I think Israel will strike the Iranian nuclear facility first, which will drag Syria and later the U.S. into the conflict. In the pacific, I believe we will see a gradual increased buildup of military power. Japan is concerned enough these days to reconsider rebuilding its military might. China will continue to grow in all sectors and N.K. will remain a rogue "pay attention to me or else" nation. This could just be the pot talking but the next moves seem so obvious to me. Maybe someone else has an alternate prediction of the political landscape?

~Rebel Saint~

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
wow 30 + people view and no one responds... sad

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ive heard that N.K.'s little fat leader is different in one way from other dictators. He doesnt have a death wish. (correct me if im wrong and no im not going to link it its 2 am im doing this fast. The E.U. is going to rival the U.S at some point but weve got a while yet before that happens. The U.S will allways be militaristic and more likely than not its for a reason other than world domination for the supposed NWO. When or if Peace is brokerd in the middle east it will be a joyus day indeed : ) how long has that conflict been going on?

Also if peace isnt brokerd i say f-it. We tried+they refuse to stop=Nuke : p jk but it would be interesting to see what the terrorists would do if we tactically nuked a very very remote region as a demonstration of what could happen.

join