It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members - Your Thoughts on Forcing a Single Thread for a Given Hot Subject.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
a reply to: carewemust

Actually I was thinking of starting a new thread about the pros and cons of having multiple threads on the same subject. Feel free to weigh in with your opinion on my new thread. (Covers mouth and giggles mischievously)

Good idea MissSmartyPants. I'll be looking for it!

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is the current policy of ATS on multiple threads:

1) We normally allow a thread to be posted in Breaking Alternate News, and in one other location outside of that forum.

2) On political threads, we will allow 2 threads on the same subject if one is in the Political Mud Pit forum and one is outside of it (this allows people to fling mud in one, but not the other, as many of you seem to enjoy flinging the poo around).

The other times that we will allow multiple threads is:

A) Large variations of the OP point of view.
B) It's a subject that has gone several months or longer with no new postings in an existing thread.

In all cases, staff discusses whether a duplicate thread should be closed and redirected to an earlier thread or not. We will sometimes do this if we see a large number of threads being created on the same subject, but with no new information in the OP.

That last part can be very important if it turns out the OP of the original thread has changed drastically for one reason or another.

Lastly: Mega Threads are not something most members enjoy, especially new members, who would like to read up on a thread, only to discover it's become a large novel with a couple hundred pages, and is why in some cases we allow multiple threads to be created up on a topic.

As the question has been answered: Thread closed.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join