It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandwiches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I’ve been a stay at home mother for over a decade, and my youngest is still little (2.5)
My reentry to the workforce will be...... making sandwiches 😂

Not a joke, but it’s still humorous to me. More accurately, I’ll be running an “old timey”/ hemp store, offering sandwiches and chips.

Given the current social/political climate, I laughed and laughed when my husband brought up the opportunity.
I plan on making some seriously stellar whiches- so if you have any awesome ideas, shot em my way! Also, may offer a daily soup- I’d love recipes for simple soups if anyone would like it to share😊

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

How about a store shirt?

"Support strong independent women!!"

on the back

"Buy my sandwiches."

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Make em big. Make people believe you give stellar products for the money and they'll keep coming back for more. My sister-in-law does something like that, parties and such. The best, Vegans, they pay for sandwiches that are really made from the cheapest ingredients on the market.
Slice meat? Naah, chop it up and mix it with "fillers". The same slice chopped and mixed will make a much thicker sandwich and people will think they have got a greater product.
Could you class that as cheating, Nah, it's business.
Good rule, never have a supplier. Go yourself to the producers or the wholesalers. Don't pay a middleman. Better if you can grow your own.
PS. GOOD LUCK.

edit on 20-2-2019 by crayzeed because: added sentence

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

How about a "Chopped Cheese"?

]]]]]

Also with the same kind of roll, you could do a Bahn Mi!

]]]]

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'll take a turkey,'Murican cheese,potato chip,miracle whip sandwhich, and a coke..

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

2 pieces of brown bread, both buttered (butter is optional. No margarine!)

Spread one slice with peanut butter, the other slice with Marmite/Vegemite. Drizzle a layer of honey over the Marmite, spread gently and then combine the two slices.

Enjoy.

ETA I hope you enjoy your new job

edit on 20/2/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not sandwiches,it's sammies! I do have recipes for sammy spreads.
The 3 idiots will eventually find this thread,that's why I corrected you.
edit on 20-2-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I’ve been a stay at home mother for over a decade, and my youngest is still little (2.5)
My reentry to the workforce will be...... making sandwiches 😂

Not a joke, but it’s still humorous to me. More accurately, I’ll be running an “old timey”/ hemp store, offering sandwiches and chips.

Given the current social/political climate, I laughed and laughed when my husband brought up the opportunity.
I plan on making some seriously stellar whiches- so if you have any awesome ideas, shot em my way! Also, may offer a daily soup- I’d love recipes for simple soups if anyone would like it to share😊

I sincerely hope that your foray into the world of personally profiting from sandwich making won't negatively impact your duty of also making sandwiches for your dear husband.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Her husband will more than likely be her taster.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I’ll have a bacon and egg sammich with tons of brown sauce and now not tomorrow thank you very much...

While you are at it can you bring me a fresh beer too (don’t forget to open it...)

Lags 😉

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

What kind of brown sauce are we talking here?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Lagomorphe

What kind of brown sauce are we talking here?

HP Brown sauce

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

cheap soups , tomato soup with a dollop of sour cream and a bread roll to spice it add a dash of tabascoe , potato and leek soup is delicious and easy and of course add bread roll

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Boiled eggs (3 per 2 persons), chopped up and mixed with mayo and onions, put into two slices of fresh bread, butter and salad cream evenly spread on both.

YUM!

Best o' Luck!

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Good luck on the sammies venture. if there's anything you can bank on, it's stoned hippies with the munchies buying food & hemp products

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I’ll have a bacon and egg sammich with tons of brown sauce and now not tomorrow thank you very much...

While you are at it can you bring me a fresh beer too (don’t forget to open it...)

Lags 😉

Lmfao, that reminds me of one time last summer my hubby was grilling and the neighbor next door was, too. Both grills are on elevated decks so we can see over a 6 ft fence at each other, and they were yakking away. Hubby finishes his beer, hands the bottle to me, and says "Another, please! And don't forget to open it."

So I got a case of the Smart Ass, got the beer, went back outside with it and he sees it's not open, "You forgot something..." "No I didn't, if you want it opened, bend over."

Neighbor about pissed himself laughing

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hemp store?

Just put avocado and alfalfa sprouts on everything and you'll be a superstar.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Good luck on the sammies venture. if there's anything you can bank on, it's stoned hippies with the munchies buying food & hemp products

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Lags 😉

Lmfao, that reminds me of one time last summer my hubby was grilling and the neighbor next door was, too. Both grills are on elevated decks so we can see over a 6 ft fence at each other, and they were yakking away. Hubby finishes his beer, hands the bottle to me, and says "Another, please! And don't forget to open it."

So I got a case of the Smart Ass, got the beer, went back outside with it and he sees it's not open, "You forgot something..." "No I didn't, if you want it opened, bend over."

Neighbor about pissed himself laughing

Was it a can, bottle or a six pack?

Johnny Cash and the ring of fire funnily surfaced in my head!

And where is that bloody bacon and egg sammich dowsed with Heinz HP Brown sauce??? And the opened beer bottle!?

Sheesh... do I have to wake up my Slav... erm wife to ask???

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Sammiches in a hemp shop??

Heck, you could just sell bags of Doritos and still make a killing! No prep required!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Put the Doritos in muh sandmich plz.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

With a decade of practice you really don't need our help. All we need is an invite.

new topics

top topics

join