It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope condemns 'senseless' stigmatizing of migrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Once Again Pope Francis and the Vatican Church are getting involved politics rather then focusing on fixing the image of the Vatican Church following the child sex abuse and rape scandals the Vatican Church seems entrenched heavily on pushing an pro open border agenda and pro friendly immigration policy.

When two Italian girls were abused and killed by African Migrants Pope Francis and the Vatican Church were heavily absent on the matter. A few weeks back the pope suggested those who viewed migrants as a threat to society is senseless.

Pope Francis: Viewing migrants as threat to society is 'senseless'

Source

"We want to be a church that fosters a culture that welcomes, protects, promotes and integrates, that does not stigmatize, much less indulge in a senseless and irresponsible condemnation of every immigrant as a threat to society," the pope said.

While en route to Panama on Wednesday, Francis responded to reporters' questions about Trump's wall proposal by saying: "It is the fear that makes us crazy." The pope has also previously described anyone who wants to build a wall to keep migrants out as "not Christian."

The pope spent Friday morning visiting juvenile jails to comfort young inmates who could not attend the gathering. He has often visited prisons during his overseas trips and supports the rehabilitation of inmates. While many have lauded the pope for his progressive views, he has been battling to contain fallout from widespread revelations of systemic sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.

Many are seeking asylum, saying they suffer from rampant crime and bleak opportunities in their native countries.

edit on 14-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Pope Francis is right, but he need to focus on ridding the church of Pedos and Sex-crimes as priority #1. (IMO)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well by all means, the pope should open up his Nation IE the Vatican to as many migrants as it can hold

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Pope Francis claimed that African/Other Migrants are seeking asylum who are suffering from rampant crime and bleak opportunities in their native countries.
Why is the Pope and Vatican silent about the crimes which of the many migrants that are bringing to hosting countries isn't the Vatican going to mention?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well he’s got a few extra rooms at his place, why doesn’t he open it up to migrants and see what kinda house guests they are.

My guess it that they will get along pretty well with the men in the church considering their mutual affection for young boys.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Religion is my least favorite topic, in my own opinion they are ALL crazy, but leave me alone and you can continue with those beliefs

I can only add that I recently heard about a call for peace across ALL religions which to me the outsider sounds....heavenly, so maybe his comments are on the back of that meeting, either way some peace would be nice from these peaceful religions.

Pope and grand imam sign historic pledge of fraternity in UAE

There is enough evidence of sexual scandal involving all religions, and you want me to pray to these gods, us outsiders got enough harvey weinsteins and jimmy savilles to contend with and dont need more of their ilk with tales of miracles thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why isn’t this pope ordering the immediate demolition of all the walls surrounding Vatican City and offering free housing, welfare, education and healthcare to any and all migrants?

Typical leftist hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The pope has also previously described anyone who wants to build a wall to keep migrants out as "not Christian."

The pope is a F#n hypocrite

He spouts his globalist crap safely behind his MASSIVE walls, sitting on his gold throne, without a single "migrant" living there.

If he would donate the money he has spent on lawyers that defend his pedophiles, it would make a huge difference in the REAL world, without even getting into the VAST riches of the vatican.

edit on 2 14 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Pope condemns 'senseless' stigmatizing of migrants

Senseless Pope condemns stigmatizing of UN forced illegal immigration.

Better ?
Hades yes

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Says He........ the likely most pampered person on Earth.....

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'd sooner take advice from a heroin addict taking a dump on a san francisco street corner.

Both have about as much weight with me in regard to their opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

...says the figurehead of the most protected, heavily walled, fortified fortress "nation" in the world. This Pope, or the Antipope as I view him, is a tool. He dishonors the history of the position and disrespects the institution of the Church with every insipid word that mumbles out of his crooked mouth.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Pope Francis is right, (IMO)

What is he right about?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
How about we not "stigmatize" the need to eradicate illegal entry and all the nastiness that comes with it, or else eventually the grass will not be greener on the other side (of the border).

edit on 14-2-2019 by FataMorgana because: shields up

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Someone better tell the Pope about them Pearly Gates at Heaven.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If the Catholics want to pontificate on politics then they need to lose their tax exempt status. Especially if they make stupid blanket statements that ignore the real issue which is ILLEGAL immigration not immigrants.
edit on 2019/2/14 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Pope Francis is right, but he need to focus on ridding the church of Pedos and Sex-crimes as priority #1. (IMO)

He isn’t right.

The problem is illegal immigration not immigrants.
edit on 2019/2/14 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Someone better tell the Pope about them Pearly Gates at Heaven.

100% proof god is a racist.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

He also wanted to change the Lords Prayer.

The USA is fine with proper migration; human trafficking, organ trafficking, drugs are the real problem that illegal immigration brings.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why isn’t this pope ordering the immediate demolition of all the walls surrounding Vatican City and offering free housing, welfare, education and healthcare to any and all migrants? Typical leftist hypocrite.

Good question. Out side of Rome and Florence?--the rest of Italy is a trash heap. He needs to focus on his immediate Italian constituancies health and welfare instead of pontificating about things that are beyond his intellect.
edit on 14-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join