It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Media Designed for ADD in 2-3min or less nonfocus easy manipulation good for Gov agenda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So its probably obvious but most all media now is 30 sec clips and swiping to the next thing next story next outrage next event with out any time for a real focus to actually think coherently & logically or to form an educated informed opinion about a thing just a quick reaction and judgment about anything depending on How its presented .

This 30-90 sec or less format that is prevalent across most all media even Movies, TV, News, Internet, Radio, Contributes to a mindset that is programed for an Attentionally deficient & disordered Focus It's created by design and this leads to a lesser capacity to reason and actually consider Logically an issue that needs to be resolved .

This benefits a Governing body that seeks to manipulate a Civic body and Compliance to " Norms" Laws situations & ect ... For example Take the recent majority tax rate increase portrayed & touted and sold as a reduction & relief and applauded Now known to be false & fake misleading and the actual OPPOSITE of what the Government told US it was doing and there is little attention payed or ABILITY to focus to get a resolution....Or a truthfull answer from that governing body

Programming Complete....... Thought' s ATS ????
edit on 14-2-2019 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Interesting thought and one I have thought about at times.

Not to be that guy but.....maybe go through and properly set up your sentences. Would make it easier to read.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
But i did make paragraphs tho...its start lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

True that

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I am very sorry, but there is no way I can take someone seriously on a topic like this, when their ability to concentrate for long enough on a topic to write one full, clear, correctly spelled sentence, using at least passable grammar, is somewhere between none and zero.

Your post is an example of the problem, but not a very good way of laying it out, and has no way to express an idea for solving it, given the total ineffectiveness of the attempt at communication you have made. Please, spend the time and effort necessary to re-post this, in a readable format, and get a proper discussion going.
edit on 14-2-2019 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
No, The theory stands, the grammar is absent. The idea is a real problem in modern society. Comment on OP theory not my grammar this is not MLA format or any other for that matter.

if you cant comprehend the awareness of the issue...try harder you seem intelligent enough lol

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Another part of the problem is people who have the need to correct anyone and everything that is not written or said "correctly "
Some of dont worry much about how something is written and just find the relevant information and go from there.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Fine. I will give myself a tension headache, just to read your three paragraphs...

First of all, your post is a product of the very thing you are talking about, and appeases it by proliferating it. This is not simply a problem with the output of professional media, but also a problem that is RIFE in the social media world. Posts and messages sent on Facebook and other platforms, are often UTTERLY unreadable from the standpoint of anyone who has actually read a book from cover to cover. The level of literacy and reading comprehension in some parts of the world, and among some age groups, is SHOCKING, just APPALLING, and people get away with it because they either think that being "street" makes them immune from the need to learn English, or because there are so many other problems going on in the world that people, understandably have taken to solving those, before going after the sort of young lady who thinks she looks nice in her "alphet" (thats "outfit" in proper language, and yes, someone really used the non-word "alphet" instead. This was presumably a result of mishearing, or more likely, someone else speaking the word incorrectly in their earshot, as well as a general lack of respect for or interest in use of correct grammar and spelling).

This problem STARTS with this sort of mindless, lazy headed mentality, but winds up with programming for the ADD crowd, rather than for those who appreciate art which takes its time. Now, that being said, kids programming SHOULD be shorter and more condensed than programming for adults.

The reason for this is that the point at which a show becomes unwatchable dross for a young person, is a really good indicator of how fast that child is developing. I, for example, became somewhat bored with the programming available for my age group, quite a few years early, swapping the saturday morning kids television, for episodes of crime thrillers, extensive deep dives into the news, and documentaries on a whole host of topics, well before I ever entered my teens. My favourite film when I was ten? A toss up between Flight of the Navigator, and The Dambusters, two VERY different pieces of media, from very different eras. One, clearly a kids film, the other being a very serious film, in black and white no less. When I was thirteen, it was a punch up between The Matrix and North By North-West. One a film designed to appeal to my generation in every particular, the other a film shot for a completely different age, directed by one of the masters of direction.

But, if I had gotten to the age of thirteen, and still been watching T.V. for toddlers, my mother would have known something was up, and directed me to the relevant services to get me assessed for some manner of disability. As it was, she didn't have to worry about that, rather the opposite. Reading age and viewing age are GREAT markers for how well developed a mind is. The problem comes when media designed to be absorbed by fully developed adults, becomes over condensed and panders to those lacking in attentiveness, because there is no developmental benefit in that.

Now... this here is not a chicken or the egg scenario. We know exactly which came first, the behaviour or the programming, and, sorry to tell you, its the behaviour. We are a programmed group, consumers of visual media, but the reason for the existence of this short duration stupidity in media, is that its what people are demanding, not that its what they want us to want.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am very sorry, but there is no way I can take someone seriously on a topic like this, when their ability to concentrate for long enough on a topic to write one full, clear, correctly spelled sentence, using at least passable grammar, is somewhere between none and zero.

Your post is an example of the problem, but not a very good way of laying it out, and has no way to express an idea for solving it, given the total ineffectiveness of the attempt at communication you have made. Please, spend the time and effort necessary to re-post this, in a readable format, and get a proper discussion going.

Dear “I am greater than thou”

Ever thought that some members here may have a handicap and it took them a long while to write their post?

What tolerance you have.... NOT.

You are too full of yourself...

Lags
edit on 14-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Intolerant self important people piss me off!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

The Def Leppard drummer has one two few arms.

He still understands 4/4 signature well enough to play it.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The Def Leppard drummer has one two few arms.

He still understands 4/4 signature well enough to play it.

But he is not a Bully

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

There is a significant, one could even say pronounced difference, between being a bully and having reasonable standards for communication, standards that are meant to be upheld by way of ones covenant with this site and its membership, by the way.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There is a significant, one could even say pronounced difference, between being a bully and having reasonable standards for communication, standards that are meant to be upheld by way of ones covenant with this site and its membership, by the way.

I know but you are still bullying.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Goddamn Boomers!

I know you guys like to blame Millennials for the world's woes. But we're the ones that spend hours on end binging Netflix. We're the ones that get our news from internet articles that take longer to read than it takes to watch a news clip.

We have no problem with putting the time in. You just want to deflect from the fact that you guys ruined the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

1) Your opinion does not change reality. It can either match up with reality, or be wrong. In this instance, its wrong.

2) If the member has a disability, its on them to put a disclaimer forward. Otherwise, I have every reason to expect from them at least what I expect from myself, that is to respect other members well enough to communicate PROPERLY toward them, in a perfectly readable manner, with correct grammar and spelling.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Goddamn Boomers!

I know you guys like to blame Millennials for the world's woes. But we're the ones that spend hours on end binging Netflix. We're the ones that get our news from internet articles that take longer to read than it takes to watch a news clip.

We have no problem with putting the time in. You just want to deflect from the fact that you guys ruined the world.

Actual baby boomers or like the new internet definition of boomers being like 30+?

Props to the Doomers!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

From what I've been told 30 somethings are Millenials. True Boomers are the ones that don't understand technology and primarily get their news from the TV.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

First off i could care less about your development as a child ... get completely over yourself!!! you are not special in any way .. at all! My post does not proliferate anything there are NO GRAMMAR RULES it's just a polite suggestion i choose this format if i were in a College Business or legal environment where it's REQUIRED i would abide the proper rules

THE general IDEA of MY OP is that were heading full steam towards an idiocracy where the majority of the population are herded like cattle to whatever narrative suits those in power and intellectually enslaving 85% of the population.... as put forth in the example in my last OP paragraph it has already happened and no one is even aware of it because they are TOO.... wait for it..... DISTRACTED Waiting for the next thing ... OMG Next WOW Next Did you hear what them said? Next.....Nextnextnext till ur drooling on yourself......

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This is nothing to do with Boomers and millennials. I was born in 85, and (I did check this before posting) that qualifies me as a Millenial. Regardless of my status as such, I still insist that people communicate properly, rather than ignoring the basics of communication, and prefer long form content to micro-vids and short form journalism. A good, feature length documentary is of far greater importance to me than some sixty second sound byte.

I also understand that the modern tendency for people to get their news from idiotic services like Facebook, has totally destroyed the communication capacity of entire groups of young people, and that cannot be permitted to continue. Its incredibly dangerous for their long term capacity to live in the world they will inherit.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

1) Your opinion does not change reality. It can either match up with reality, or be wrong. In this instance, its wrong.

2) If the member has a disability, its on them to put a disclaimer forward. Otherwise, I have every reason to expect from them at least what I expect from myself, that is to respect other members well enough to communicate PROPERLY toward them, in a perfectly readable manner, with correct grammar and spelling.

It seems that no-one else has a problem understanding the OP but you had to go and play the mini-mod bully.

Over and out out of respect to the OP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join