It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Limitations of the Universe beginning with the Big Bang ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
First, maybe there is a multiverse, so this question only applies to this particular universe here that i assume you are part of.

From what I've read no one knows exactly how or why the Big Bang occurred, how much energy was released, when it occurred,
as our current measurement of time begins with it
and what are its limits, if any.

They say that current measurements of the ever expanding universe show that it is not only not slowing down
- But in fact [supposedly] is speeding up. The threat then might be that it expands too much and........

But what started to occur to me is that without knowing for sure how much energy was unleashed in the beginning - There might
be limitations to it - Can it reach an omega end point and then stop ?

And if the Universe were to reach this end point - then what?

If the driving force generating the initial and continuing expansion were to reach an omega point
- then what would happen ?

Is it possible the Universe would then collapse and implode, possibly folding into a huge Black Hole ?

Some of you are well learned in theoretical and/or speculative physics - What do you think

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now,
that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Personally I think the universe has never not existed. It's a concept we cannot grasp, we only know beginnings and endings. An infinite universe doesn't have to abide by that, it simply exists. I think there are events within the universe that can create "beginnings and ends" but ultimately the universe itself always remains.

There was no beginning, and there is no end.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
They say that current measurements of the ever expanding universe show that it is not only not slowing down
- But in fact [supposedly] is speeding up. The threat then might be that it expands too much and........

I'm no expert, just an opinionated prat but....

I don't think a universal collapse is possible, the far "left" and far "right" of the universe are unable to communicate with each other as they are moving apart faster than light so whilst there could be localised collapses even if it created a domino effect the dominos wouldn't fall fast enough to reach the whole.

I look forward to more educated people proving me wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Think on a larger time frame. The universe as we know is about 14-15 billion years old, for all we know that could be the infancy age of a universe, and it will expand until the expansion energy is depleted, then it will start to contract.

We live 100 year lives if we are lucky, 100 years on a cosmological scale wouldn't even register as time.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
There's no shortage of theories on those questions

Our universe could exist inside of a blank hole, which would lend to the idea that each black hole holds another universe.

We could have an endless loop of expansion and retraction. Once the universe as we know it reaches a certain point, it springs back into the singularity until another big bang occurs.

Maybe at a future date we'll have the tools to know for certain, but until then just pick one that you like.

I think in the long run, it's not really relevant. Everything still is the way it is.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I think in the long run, it's not really relevant. Everything still is the way it is.

But isn't that what science is all about? - It doesn't matte whether it is relevant or not

Man want to know what "Everything still is the way it is" really means.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Think on a larger time frame. The universe as we know is about 14-15 billion years old, for all we know that could be the infancy age of a universe, and it will expand until the expansion energy is depleted, then it will start to contract.

We live 100 year lives if we are lucky, 100 years on a cosmological scale wouldn't even register as time.

Why should it start to contract? What would be driving force/energy for the contraction?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Dark energy, thought to be the cause of the expansion of the Universe, may not be completely constant. Its been postulated recently that only space which is very much empty, actually expands. So, for example, the space between this galaxy and the next closest, is not expanding, because it is not free of masses. But the space between superclusters of galaxies, as well as places like the Bootes Void, are expanding. The reason is thought to be that some facet of what dark energy is, prevents it from acting on areas of space which contain masses.

So the current thinking is that the night sky will never darken completely, because although the distant objects that are not part of our local group will vanish from the sky, the stars and galaxies that are part of our neighborhood, will never expand away from our planet as a result of dark energy expansion.

The end of the universe, therefore, may come about in a somewhat different fashion than might have been suspected about ten years ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Why should it start to contract? What would be driving force/energy for the contraction?

That is what I'm wondering - 'IF' the energy of the Big Bang is limited, and espends itself, then will the Universe
just stop where it is? - OR with no more evergy driving it to expand will it contract ???

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Gravity

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The BIG fart came out of someone’s anal sphincter.

The question is simple...

Where did this sphincter come from?

The answer is simple : no one knows.

Did . come from another or another or yet another million billion trillion sphincters?

Have fun understanding.

On my side nowt to understand...

Lahs
edit on 14-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

The quetstion is simple...

The sphincter has always existed

The fart is eternal

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

It would not be an energy driving a contraction . It would be a lack of "energy" slowing down the expansion . Remember , it is space expanding . Once the energy starts waning , it is theorized , that gravity would again take over thus beginning the Great Contraction.
And at the end , was the beginning.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There was no Big Bang. There was the Great Expansion (which is still going on , by the way)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If you check out Newcomb's Paradox you will get a better grasp on the problem.

Essentially things outside of our sphere or realm are not knowable. The origin of the Big Bank may, indeed, have an 'explanation' (the one I like best is Brane Theory, or the release of energy when two Branes touched (Brane is short for Membrane).)

But the terminology for the 'explanation' would include things, concepts and words which we do not have the capability to understand. Just as a 'flat worlder' can never know what 'UP' means, so it is with concepts outside one's realm.

HTH.

edit on 14-2-2019 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

The quetstion is simple...

The sphincter has always existed

The fart is eternal

If the fart is eternal please explain from which eternal entity it was emitted please?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Then consider infinitely small and infinitely large.. where are we ? And how many forces are yet unseen or unknown of ?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Then consider infinitely small and infinitely large.. where are we ? And how many forces are yet unseen or unknown of ?

That was a DARK answer...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I thought I was thinking on a larger time frame.
There was a point in the universe where the edges were within lightspeed travel, at that point universal collapse seems possible. But we are well past that point now.

The idea that it's stretching like a rubber band and will unstretch at one point only works if it's all connected.
The distances we are talking about however are so vast that unless gravity works at faster than light speed it isn't all connected.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

s it possible the Universe would then collapse and implode, possibly folding into a huge Black Hole ?

Humans will have gone the way of the dinosaur by the time that ever happens.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join