It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Minutes of New RAGE 2 Pre-Beta Gameplay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Bethesda have released this new video showing RAGE 2 in full gun toting swing , it's looking like it will be a blast.

I can see elements from both Doom and Just Cause but given the developers that's hardly surprising.

Looks like I may have to give Bethesda some of my money when it releases in May.
edit on 12-2-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You're pretty brave to trust Bethesda with your money. I'll be awaiting your thread complaining about the shoddy half finished game, gamebreaking bugs, server downtime, the massive 20GB+ day one patch, and # knows what else. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Looks great. I'll most likely buy it. Amazing how great the graphics are on games these days. I loaded up an old Halo and couldn't believe how crappy it looked!

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Bethesda are the publisher , ID Software and Avalanche are the developers so I think the money will be well spent.
I never pre-purchase and always await reviews from trusted sources so I wait in hope but it looks like a fun romp.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Bethesda are the publisher , ID Software and Avalanche are the developers so I think the money will be well spent.
I never pre-purchase and always await reviews from trusted sources so I wait in hope but it looks like a fun romp.

Ah in that case, cool, I stand corrected. Fair enough then.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I know I loved the # out of doom, the original rage was not what I expected though. Rage was the first game I ever purchased that I felt as though I was buying one thing and got another and it wasn’t good.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I always wondered about the Original game.

This will sound stupid, but what turned me off from trying it was the cover art.
I just thought this looks stupid and never bothered.
But this game play looks decent.
If the first is anything like the second, I may have to check it out.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

BMan!
Haven’t seen ya around in a while.
You still doing the art work?

In regards to the OP in my above comment I wrote I never tried Rage because the cover art looked stupid to me.
By the sounds of your comment, I didn’t miss out on much then!

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I know what you mean man.
I got that 4K tv with an Xbox one X.
Playing red dead revolver 2 is like I’m playing a movie.

I completed the game and decided to give the original RdR out.
The graphics are less than stellar.
But at the time I remember it being great lol

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Got the original rage in my steam folder but have hardly ever played it, good enough graphic's for it's time but very repetitive and a bit lame to say the least.

This new game look's much better but still constant mindless violence were they seem to be aiming to make it into a multi player shoot fest while I am definitely more of a RPG and RTS (you don't see many new RTS these day's sadly) fan.

My take that is the way that Fallout should have looked, that engine does not look like the lame Gamebryo engine so I assume that other than publish it Bethesda have very little if anything at all to do with it's development.

Noticed some repeating asset's such as the houses some half buried but more or less clone assets with very little variation and I assume that the outposts will come in several flavors but rapidly become repetitive especially if there is no more intelligent way to interact with them such as opening dialogue, negotiation etc which I know that there won't be as this look's very heavily aimed at the online community for multi player matches.

So while this may suit the game controller button bashing crowd I am one that won't buy this game, while I enjoyed looking at the engine and it's graphic's which were fairly nice if I am still around and in the mood then the game to watch for me is Cyberpunk 2077, it will probably also very much please the shooter fan's due to it's game mechanic's etc though it's battles are probably going to be often far more claustrophobic and inside run down apartment building's and gang hideout's.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Yeah man you didn’t miss much on RAGE it wasn’t what it was supposed to be. I’m still doing the art thing I just haven’t been posting it here or anywhere online, I’m not ready for the thunderdome of political trolls in art forums and don’t have enough time to maintain dedicated postings regarding the projects I’m painting and illustrating.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Looks really good. I will pick this up for my Xbox One X.

I am playing Skyrim on Switch right now, there is just something cool to play that (I had never played it until last year, when I bought the remastered version for Xbox). On the TV or on the go, I am not a handheld guy. Yes the graphics take a hit on Switch, but it looks great. Hopefully I will get further into the game, being able to play whenever I want. Bethesda did a great job putting that on Switch.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The Outer Worlds will be out before Cyberpunk 2077 and as it's an Obsidian game I reckon it will scratch our RPG itch until the arrival of Cyberpunk.

From what I've read RAGE 2 is using Avalanche's Just Cause engine as it's built specifically for destructible open worlds.

edit on 13-2-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To be honesty I’ve oy played one bad Bethesda game to date and that’s fallout 76 it’s cold garbage on a bun.
Every other game is great even with game breaking bugs and glitches.

edit on 14-2-2019 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I think you have a very great point there, NV was perhaps my favorite game of the rpg genre and the outer worlds is really going to be like a Fallout type game (but made by a better company) in space complete with you waking up from cryogenic suspension, also I love the plot which is a not so subtle jibe at the other corporation owned game houses and there micro transaction crap.
I will never forgive EA or it's grubby fingered executives for killing Project Ragtag and shutting down Visceral studio's - because they could not make money from micro transactions in a single player game.
So while I got angry with Bethesda for turning into a clone of EA as they attempt to jump on the in game purchase market EA still get my strongest anger, a shame as they were once a great company but that was decades ago and now all they are is a hedge fund money mine.

Here is one of the few clip's of the game that we will now never see.

Rag Tag whatever it's name was going to be was not aimed at Kid's but at the adult star wars audience and would have had plenty of very adult themes.
It's a real shame.
Now we have heard that EA has resurrected it but only so far as using some of it's assets and as an ONLINE only micro transaction riddled multi player game rather than the film/movie experience that Visceral were developing.

edit on 14-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
pressed quote instead of edit sorry so just pretend this was a double post.

edit on 14-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The game releases next week so here's the release trailer , it's mad.

Looks like it'll be a blast.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'll probably buy it. I've been playing Borderlands 1 remastered so kind of looking forward to Rage.

top topics

join