It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all lucid dreamers SOS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Really, that is very unusual... Check this article out link it does say most people can't, so you must be unique 😁

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Weird. I've read normal english in my dreams.

I've also, once or twice , read an unknown to me language but some how understood it.
If that makes sense? I couldn't make out the words but I knew what it said.

I never really thought about the whole reading thing. I also read numbers while dreaming.

But I have been told that it's weird that I dream in color. Especially the colors blue and red.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Well I didn't say weird.... Kidding.
But you should look into your gift.
You may have latent powers, being able to carry sigils into your dreamstate and change your universe... Or something

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamreader
As you can see from my signature I've been around quite awhile, yet interact at a minimum. So bear with me as I attempt to explain my situation.

I have always been a lucid dreamer with several prophetic dreams as well as just the typical subconscious daily mind purge thrown in. I've dreamed so much at night I've literally woken up more exhausted than prior to going to sleep. I'm quite busy in my nocturnal travels and absolutely love my dreams. Sometimes the dreams are what would be called nightmares, but I've always known that somehow my subconscious took over and turned it into something else while sleeping, I just call these my anxiety dreams. They have a different vibe from the others. Normal and nothing to worry about unless there is an outstanding issue I need to ponder.

Here's my dilemma...here recently, within the last 6 months or so, my lucidity has either faded or just plain out stopped or shows up sporadically. In place of the lucidity, the normal subconscious purge of the daily grind crap has replaced it.

Here's my question...do you think any of the buried stress I carry can actually turn off the lucidity for a bit? I've never had this issue before even when going through the supposed top 3 stressors at once (losing job, divorce, moving house) as well as what I would consider more stress than what I deal with on a daily basis.

I have tried numerous times with various relaxation techniques to no avail in order to get the lucidity back. I tried those binaural beats once and either it was the track or a combination of other factors that caused me to rip the headphones out of my ears after a not so pleasant dream. It left me anxious and irritated, so a no go for me. Also, the regular, diet and exercise angle always comes into play (I live a fairly clean life, wine and beer occasionally) and yet, still nothing. I've also tried various relaxation/visualization techniques before sleep as well.

Any pointers or insight would be helpful as I'm feeling a tad bit lost without my normal nightly excursions.

Quite normal for brief periods... Just keep at it even at the unsuccessful rate youre experiencing...

Brain chemistry changes throughout life as we age. Additionally, stresses we experience in our day-to-day lives sometimes accumulate, producing inactivity. Its normal.

Cars run on tanks of fuel...without it? They are still cars, but wont run.

Ive had small areas of my life where Ive experienced the same or lack of.

But in 50+yrs...it always corrects itself sooner or later...Best, M. S.

Transcendental Meditator
Astral Traveler
Lucid Dreamer
"Sensitive"
edit on 9-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: Coffee

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

This is posted due to the seemingly universal input here that the old adage of 'we are what we eat' has fallen a bit down the scale of importance in our daily lives. I am by no means innocent of this myself, but I have tendencies to discontinue what feels to be repetitively unjustified of which I am quite thankful for.

The brain is our motherboard, but there's far too many systems in place to operate a human for the motherboard to be in control of environmental adaptations. The brain therefore delegates less exterior processing to the Mercentery, or our 2nd brain. If balance resides the two brain networks focus restores, then the charge/sleep cycle of our biochemical batteries improves as a result. Humans have an amazing ability to feed our internal batteries to be more productive. Or, we can lean on synthetic charges that pack a better punch when they kick in, yet have less powers of sustainability. The small and subtle changes over time tend to go unnoticed which enables the long slow slope down the hill to be too tall of an order to climb back to.

Two small odd tidbits to add...

* One at a time, hold natural honey against your heart with the weak hand while attempting to hold a heavy weight with the strong hand held palm up with the elbow tucked to the ribs. Repeat the same test with a can of poison, such as Raid. Feeling a significant energy and power reduction from the Raid even being close to my blood stream caused me to drastically change how and what I consume.

* It is well known that a human will perish without sleeping. No battery = no motor operation, that is simple. What is freaky though: that '___' is secreted at peak production at limited times. One is during REM cycles of sleep while the other is just before one passes on from the physical realm. The relations of '___' production also caused a reshuffle of my cards in terms of priority establishment.

There is a lot of good information in this thread. Thanks to those that offer their experiences as it aids us all in finding new possibilities!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Funny that you mentioned about screaming for things to be shut off. I've done that off and on, just needing a complete shut down for a bit. Just a break and then things could ramp up again and I could see things with a new perspective.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Gotta love that deja vu. The more mundane the better. The ones that pop up from a dream image years prior is what trips me out. Why? Just why? What's the point? Is that fried egg that I just cracked into the pan really that important?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No, I can't smell. I wish I could at times. Does reading count? I know they say you're not supposed to since the brain doesn't work. M-kay, if they say so... Doesn't happen often but it does happen. First time it happened I was shocked, I had thought it wasn't supposed to happen. Oh well.

I dream in both color and black and white. The black and white ones usually happen when I'm under a lot of stress and I feel like my brain is just processing things and a subconscious message may or may not be there.

The color ones, are amazing. Most of the time that is my realm. Sometimes they are as you said, either watching the movie or directing the movie.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I've had to lay off the heavy meals before bed. Too much tossing and turning at night.

I am no master by any means when it comes to dreams. I find that they are highly personal. Too many variables in play as to feelings, things that stand out in the dream, what's going on in your life, what you're hiding from yourself and the world, etc.

You're welcome to bounce something off of me, but who knows what you'll get.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

You might actually be on to something there with the lack of irregularities in my life right now. I've always had a very interesting life (for me) and am never bored. I think I may be in a rut to "too much peacefulness" right now.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I've only done that a few times that I'm aware of. I have been trying to set the stage at night before sleep to do more of that. Something simple, say go pop in and visit a family member at night. So far no such luck. I think I'm still stuck on trying to get the lucidity back up and more reliable. I feel like I need to take some baby steps. Stick with the basics, master the basics and then grow from there.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You're timing is quite good.

I posted this shortly before bed last night and the snippet of dream I can remember this morning is a ball of yarn. This yarn is symbolizing that I need to use the string up (the information) in order to get to the end (the answer) but it was up to me to decide on whether or not I was going to make a scarf from it or not.

The disharmony may be there based on another dream I had a couple of months ago. I thought that the underlying issue was worked out, but it may not of actually been totally worked out.

Yes, I am returning with snippets of information that I need. I'm returning with photos as opposed to mini movies.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

LOL, no MJ for me. I'm allergic to it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks MS. That gives me hope that things will eventually return to normal. I believe the underlying stresses and physiology changes that I'm carrying and going through are having a bearing on things. Just not normal stressors that I'm used to handling.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

You can't read in dreams, seen that in an episode of batman the animated series, checked it up and it has truth.... MJ stops me dreaming but been dreaming alot lately

I've read street signs in dreams, read out loud to a family member a letter... just going by this week.

So I don't think that's entirely correct.

I DO know you can't in the first layer of dreaming where it is just the three parts of your mind trying to communicate... there you can only see symbols and occasionally numbers.

There's a couple more layers, however.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No, I can't smell. I wish I could at times. Does reading count? I know they say you're not supposed to since the brain doesn't work. M-kay, if they say so... Doesn't happen often but it does happen. First time it happened I was shocked, I had thought it wasn't supposed to happen. Oh well.

I dream in both color and black and white. The black and white ones usually happen when I'm under a lot of stress and I feel like my brain is just processing things and a subconscious message may or may not be there.

The color ones, are amazing. Most of the time that is my realm. Sometimes they are as you said, either watching the movie or directing the movie.

Exactly.

Most people are under an incredible amount of stressors that they don't realize but manifest when you first go to sleep.

If you can get past that, you get to the better parts.

Because then comes color.. sight.

Then eventually the other sense kick in too.

That's what frustrated me about when I had a lot of people close to me pass... I knew what real dreaming was, but couldn't do it for a time.

I felt robbed...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

It's one of my favourite subjects the dream world.
My link I provided ate the top of this page explained the thing I was Implying

It would appear most people can't read in their dreams, the ones who can are able to use both hemispheres of the brain while in dream sleep.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
earlier in episode he looks at a book with weird images instead of words

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: ManyMasks

I've also, once or twice , read an unknown to me language but some how understood it.
If that makes sense? I couldn't make out the words but I knew what it said

In the batman episode I was talking about Bruce is trapped in a dream and he figures out he's in a dream because he opens a book and instead of words it's just weird unknown images to him
edit on 10-2-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Namdru

You might actually be on to something there with the lack of irregularities in my life right now. I've always had a very interesting life (for me) and am never bored. I think I may be in a rut to "too much peacefulness" right now.

Boring is natural outcome of eventful. Inevitable really. It's either accept boredom at some point, or die trying to avoid it. In Buddhist practices the two phases of sleep yoga are dream and luminosity. Even the best lucid dreamers eventually experience more luminosity than dream, and then only luminosity, while asleep. Luminosity is similar to deep sleep except there is no interruption in continuity of awareness between falling asleep and awakening, only a relative lack of mental activity while sleeping. Boring but then as one great teacher said, "Enlightenment is the biggest disappointment of all".

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I assure you youre good!

Wait until you return to your practices! That which is hindering you now (for lack of any other way to call it)... will be coming forth in experiences, and thats a good thing.

Its a form of "looking back" after the fact... where all will be revealed... where now? Its all confusing!

Good luck, safe travels!
edit on 10-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join