It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Ancient Figures found in Peru that predate the Nazca lines.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Archaeologists recently found figures that predate the famous and mysterious Nazca lines in Peru.

The figures included images of Humans and Animals like Birds, Monkies and Felines, about 50 of them.

They are believed to be made by the Paracas people around 600 to 100 BC.

news.yahoo.com
LIMA, Peru - Archaeologists have discovered a group of giant figures scraped into the hills of Peru's southern coastal desert that are believed to predate the country's famed Nazca lines.

About 50 figures were etched into the earth over an area roughly 90 square miles near the city of Palpa, 220 miles southeast of Lima, El Comercio newspaper reported.

The drawings — which include human figures as well as animals such as birds, monkeys, and felines — are believed to be created by members of the Paracas culture sometime between 600 and 100 B.C., Johny Islas, the director of the Andean Institute of Archaeological Studies, told the newspaper.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe this is quite interesting and I wonder what other figures have been drawn there, Often there were pictures of beings resembling the "Gray", an alledged alien race.

I certainly hope that people will examine the area in great detail, I way also facinated by the fact that they found images of their gods, the gods in South America have often been thought to be extra-terrestials as Erich von Daniken suggested.

I am sure there will be pictures available soon and that this will proof to be quite interesting, esspecially to the UFO crowd and human history crowd!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Fascinating to find that in our side of the globe we have ancient people that were able to do art, like that, perhaps our ancient civilizations in our side of the world were more advance in technology than the ones in the old world.

That will make a good thread for discussion.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I voted no because your lead paragraph wasn't in the form of a paragraph. Neat story though and good find

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I believe this is quite interesting and I wonder what other figures have been drawn there, Often there were pictures of beings resembling the "Gray", an alledged alien race.

I'd like to see these images of Grays.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
(sigh)

No, there aren't any geoglyphs that resemble "Grays." And no, Von Daniken was wrong. He can't read Mayan. The things he was calling "gods" and "aliens" were not gods and aliens... as he would have found out if he would have taken the time to learn to read the Mayan writing and Incan writings that were carved right next to those images.

Marge, there's been art in the Americas for well over 6,000 years and probably longer. The paintings on the site I'm researching in Texas are 3,000 years OLDER than those geoglyphs they just found in Peru.

The site I photographed this summer has petroglyphs that are 9,000 years old. This may not be the oldest art in the Americas, but its certainly pretty ancient.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I remember when my husband and I were traveling to our duty station in California, we stopped and went to see ruins from the anasazis, I am not sure if it was in new mexico or arizona but it was in that route. They were not such a big thing but for me just to be there where some other civilization had thrived thousands of years before me made me feel full of excitement.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I found this really fasinating and posted about it earlier, but no one seemed to take interest in it.....their finding so many things lately!

new topics

top topics

join