It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Exposes The Dark Side Of Politics In 5 Incredible Minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
AOC makes some pretty good points here..

I realize ATS has become very far to the right and this lady is basically a top ten hated right now, so if you need to, just pretend it's someone you like for a moment - she's bringing some very important things out in the open - things we often agree with here on ATS, though often only as it applies to the opposite party... No one should be able to be funded by a corporation, then have free reign to create laws or remove regulations concerning that corporation.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I realize ATS has become very far to the right and this lady is basically a top ten hated right now, so if you need to, just pretend it's someone you like for a moment - she's bringing some very important things out in the open - things we often agree with here on ATS, though often only as it applies to the opposite party... No one should be able to be funded by a corporation, then have free reign to create laws or remove regulations concerning that corporation.

A broken clock is right twice a day...

Yes, that system needs to be fixed. However, what AOC does not understand is that government regulation often facilitates that type of graft so she should be moving for less govt instead of more...

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

what AOC does not understand is that government regulation often facilitates that type of graft so she should be moving for less govt instead of more...

Couldn't have said it better... Government is already too big, inefficient and broken. More government intervention will only exacerbate the problem

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: deadlyhope

A broken clock is right twice a day...

Yes, that system needs to be fixed. However, what AOC does not understand is that government regulation often facilitates that type of graft so she should be moving for less govt instead of more...

Just saying...

Well said!

We don't need more checks and balances for our checks and balances for our checks and balances. We need less crap to check and balance.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Shes not wrong.

Occasional kotex for the win.

But I do find it odd that she only points to big oil and big pharma as paying for legislation.
No fahr llc.
No Bloomberg.
Why no mention of labor unions?

Shes right, politicians are paid for but let's get all of the money out.

Is she going to bring up the $3k suit she wore for her campaign photos?

All or none.
All or just shut the hell up.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Shes not wrong.

But I do find it odd that she only points to big oil and big pharma as paying for legislation.
No fahr llc.
No Bloomberg.

All or none.

It is not odd... it is hypocritical and typical if the left. Lobbying is bad as long as it isn't unions or lobbyist who favor the left.

Lobbying is a necessary component of politics. An industry or company has to make sure pols are not developing regs that could negatively affect them. The problem is that there is no transparency and politicians and lawyers often use lobbying for graft and nefarious purposes.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Shes not wrong.

No fahr llc.
No Bloomberg.

All or none.

It is not odd... it is hypocritical and typical if the left. Lobbying is bad as long as it isn't unions or lobbyist who favor the left.

Lobbying is a necessary component of politics. An industry or company has to make sure pols are not developing regs that could negatively affect them. The problem is that there is no transparency and politicians and lawyers often use lobbying for graft and nefarious purposes.

You would also think someone would point out to her that there are no ethics rules preventing the president from passing legislation for personal gain because the president can't pass legislation.

But hey, who needs details?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I also find it odd she would want something as inefficient, corrupt, and political like big government to have a monopoly on health care. Just wait for when Dems want the citizen point system like China for who has access to government services.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Shes not wrong.

No fahr llc.
No Bloomberg.

All or none.

You would also think someone would point out to her that there are no ethics rules preventing the president from passing legislation for personal gain because the president can't pass legislation.

But hey, who needs details?

When you are in basic civic classes? Didn’t she say something about earning the right to run for President?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

To be fair I don't see Bloomberg, Fahr, or even any labor unions even in the Top 50 of lobbyist groups.

I do however see a lot of groups associated with healthcare and oil.

Maybe that's why she's calling out those two industries specifically.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Here's a list and where it goes.
For what it's worth anyways.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Not to nitpick but we were talking about lobbyists not campaign donors. And even then, only 1% of AOC's campaign contributions came from PACs/ corporations/etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Looks like we have a new format in Congressional hearings 😁

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I would say that politicians receiving large campaign donations are beholden to the people that wrote the checks.
Those people tend to own corporations.

$10k a plate dinners is the same thing in my opinion.

We need to remove profit from politics.
Politicians profit specifically, whatever it comes from.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

And I agree. And I'm sure AOC would agree as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What did she say that was new, what she is saying is drain the swamp?
Isn't she?

Did I miss something?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I won't say you're wrong. At the same time she's also not appointing the Swamp to some of the most powerful positions in the world.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

AOC will be the next president. Or at least the next DNC candidate. The reason is she irritates Republicans more than any other candidate. And this is how the powers than be make sure they get out the Republican vote.

Of course, I'm not sure it really matters at this point anyway. Whoever counts the votes it seems decides the election anyway. The quality and integrity of our elections does not seem like a priority in this country. Party loyalty before the Constitution seems to be the standard operating model.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The "Seig Heil" pose in the article is pretty funny (I only see it in Chrome because I have flash disabled. The picture they show for the video has her in the pose I was referring to). It reminds of this video and taking something out of context:

"Blue lives matter!!"

"See Kyle, see Kyle"

edit on 8-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
AOC will be the next president. Or at least the next DNC candidate.

May I ask you, how old will AOC be on Tuesday, November 3, 2020?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join