It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane new Illinois gun law proposal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Its called risk versus reward. criminals dont go after hard to rob people or high risk of getting shot people.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Its called risk versus reward. criminals dont go after hard to rob people or high risk of getting shot people.

Really? I thought that does happen and the criminals just are motivated to shoot first. Having a gun wont help you if you are already shot.

I would never draw a gun on someone who is unarmed, but then, I'm not a criminal. Logically, you wouldn't 'take on' someone who is armed, while you are unarmed, criminal or not. But having a firearm equalizes things, from the criminals stand point.

So, allowing everyone to access and carry firearms, mandates that everyone with criminal intent would have to be armed because they would have to assume everyone else is armed because of 'concealed carry'.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Statistics say you are wrong. The Fbi did a report on it a few years back.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Statistics say you are wrong. The Fbi did a report on it a few years back.

I'd be interested in seeing that report. Can you link it.

In response, though I can offer this Rand Corporation assessment: The Relationship Between Firearm Prevalence and Violent Crime. Although, it doesn't actually identify the specifics of criminal intention, which I believe would be hard to gather figures on (except perhaps for special projects within policing agencies or jurisprudence).

edit on 6/2/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Google it yourself. Im not doing the work for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join