It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Worldwide Extortion Bid to Aust' Largest Construction Co.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Australian construction company Multiplex is being subject to an international extortion bid. The details of the bid state that snipers will randomly shoot at crane drivers unless millions of dollars are paid within 24 hours. Police could not confirm or deny links to the Russian mafia.

www.news.com.au
She also could not confirm a reported link between the extortion bid and the Russian Mafia.

Multiplex's share price slumped 20 per cent in Britain after news last week that the Wembley redevelopment would be a break-even prospect at best.

The company's executive director John Roberts then pledged his family would chip in $50 million to underwrite the Wembley project, the report said.

The network also said police had not ruled out that the extortion attempt could be an elaborate hoax.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is hoax as police suggest. I think it is a direct threat to Multiplex to meet certain contractual obligations and union demands.

I used to work on large construction sites as a steel-fixer and we had a couple of fake bomb threats which shut the site down for a couple of days.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

[edit on 28-2-2005 by sanctum]

new topics

join