It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish journalist finds out what's under Bush's kilt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Seems like an interesting analysis comparing Bush's current fund-raising with similar points in recent history...
Good stuff...

www.sundayherald.com...

BACK in the halcyon days when Richard Milhous Nixon was preparing his war on the constitution of the United States, loyal Republicans created a campaign group to preserve the American way and keep their man in office. The Committee to Re-Elect the President, as it was known, had several notable features aside from its interesting acronym (Creep), many of them involving novel ways to break the law. It had, nevertheless, one overriding purpose: to raise money, lots of money, clean or not. Creep was immodestly successful.

Money is the tainted blood product of the American body politic, after all. Every one knows it. No-one gets to be president unless he is a millionaire many times over or happens to be friendly with several multi-millionaires. No-one has a political profile without being able to buy the advertising that will accuse the opposition of buying their way to office. A Senate seat these days costs $5 million minimum. So what's a poor Texas boy to do?

(Keep reading at the link, it's inspiring).

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ohhh, i was waiting for an article like this, i love the breakdown of figures and where it comes from.

FYI: The herald is a respectable scottish paper (one of my daily reads), it caters to the middle class high-brow readership and is a step up from the rag called The Daily Record.

They seem to have the proverbial bee in their bonnet right now regarding the US Government and any government in general.

join